Camrose Resort Casino is a Best Western Collection property. Located in Camrose, this central Alberta casino location includes a 113-room hotel. The surrounding area features nine golf courses within a 45-minute radius, making it the ideal location for a golfing and gambling trip.
Camrose is small compared to the big casinos in Edmonton and Calgary, but it has more than 200 slot machines to choose from. Alongside the slots are a series of video lottery terminals — offering multiple game options. Twelve table games are available. You can play blackjack games, roulette and Ultimate Texas Hold ’em. A private poker room runs both cash games and tournaments throughout the week.
This page has everything you need ahead of a trip to Camrose Resort Casino. First up, we have the history of this casino plus a look at the historic town of Camrose. After that, there is information on the slots, table games and poker options. After the rewards program, this guide ends with details of the dining and hotel options at the Camrose Casino.
Canadian Casinos in the News
History of Camrose Resort Casino
Camrose is a vibrant and expanding town in the middle of Alberta. The town has a population of 18,000 people. It is home to a University of Alberta campus with more than 1,000 students. The town is proud of its historic district, where you’ll find many homes and buildings restored and reflecting their 1910s construction. Here you will find many distinctive shops and restaurants.
Head to the Bailey Theatre while staying at the casino and you can enjoy a play at the oldest operating theatre in Alberta. Time your stay at the casino to coincide with events such as the Big Valley Jamboree and many other international events that hit town on an annual basis.
Slots at Camrose Resort Casino
In total there are more than 200 slots to be enjoyed at the Camrose Resort Casino. This selection includes IGT slots, Aristocrat and SG slots. Camrose Casino balances its collection, with reel slots, classic video slots and the latest branded games all available.
Jackpot hunters will enjoy the opportunity to hit both in-house progressive slot jackpots and province-wide prizes. Note that jackpots are paid from the cage in the slot area at this casino.
Alongside the slots are a series of VLTs. They offer Class II gambling — including keno games, slots and video poker games.
Unusually, the Camrose Casino is not open 24 hours. You can play slots from Sunday to Thursday between 11 a.m. and midnight. On Fridays and Saturdays, the hours of operation are extended to 2 a.m.
Table games at Camrose Resort Casino
There are 12 table games in all at this resort. Available games include:
- American roulette: The classic casino game where you can bet red/black, odd/even, single numbers and much more. American roulette games have two zeros.
- Blackjack: There is a choice of standard blackjack or “blackjack switch.” In the regular game, you aim to beat the dealer by having a total closer to 21 or a live hand when the dealer busts. Blackjack switch sees each player dealt two hands, with the chance to switch cards between them.
- Baccarat: Another game where you compete against the dealer. The Chemin-de-fer form of the game is available at Camrose Casino. The lower house edge in a game of Baccarat makes it popular among high rollers.
- Ultimate Texas Hold ’em: This casino game is loosely based on Texas Hold ’em poker. You compete with the dealer’s hand, with a strategy that allows you to bet more early in the hand — or “check” to bet on a later street. You will also find four-card poker available.
The table games section is open from 4 p.m. to midnight on Sunday through Thursday. As with slots, the hours are extended to 2 a.m. on Friday and Saturday.
Poker at Camrose Resort Casino
You can enjoy player vs. player poker in a private poker room. Players can choose between real money poker games and poker tournaments available.
On Thursday there’s a $40 tournament, with 5,000 chips and unlimited re-entry at any time during the first four levels. Friday sees a $55 event, with 7,000 chips and a single re-entry during the first four levels of play. On Saturday there is a $70 tournament, featuring a bounty, with 7,000 chips and a single re-entry during the first four levels. Players can also buy an extra 1,000 chips at any event for a $5 dealer appreciation add-on — this must be indicated to the dealer at time of buy-in.
The poker room is open from Thursday to Sunday, starting at 6 p.m. It closes at midnight on Sunday and 2 a.m. all other days.
Currently, there are no sports betting options or off-track betting (horse race betting) at Camrose.
Camrose casino is part of Best Western. When you stay, you can sign up for the Best Western Rewards program. This program is free to join. As a member of the club, you will earn 10 points for every dollar you spend on any qualifying stays at both the Camrose Resort Casino and any of the thousands of other locations around Canada and the rest of the world.
The club has five levels — blue, gold, platinum, diamond and diamond select. At the lowest level, blue, you earn 10 points for every dollar spent. As you move through the levels, the rate at which you earn points will increase. At the highest level, diamond select, you get an additional 50% boost to all points earned.
There are additional benefits for club members:
- Exclusive reservation lines
- Free night redemptions count toward elite status
- Early check-in/late check-out
- Complimentary water and points on arrival
- Points will never expire
You can redeem the points you earn for gift cards, free stays at the resort, free travel or one-of-a-kind adventures.
Entertainment at Camrose Resort Casino
The casino hosts a variety of shows and events in both its Regal Ballroom and the Joker’s Den Pub. The regular ballroom tribute shows cover a wide genre of music including rock, pop and country, and themed evenings. Tickets to these events will include dinner in the ballroom. You can also enjoy ticket packages that include a hotel stay at the resort.
In the wider Camrose area, there are even more options. Golf fans will find a huge choice of courses, with the historic town and “living museum” as popular local attractions.
There are two dining options at this resort:
- Redwood Steakhouse and Bar: Full breakfast, lunch and dinner menus. Enjoy a breakfast (if you are staying at the hotel you get $5 off the bill) such as steak and eggs, omelets or buttermilk pancakes. Mains on the lunch and dinner menu include an Alberta longhorn (featuring hand-pressed sterling silver beef), a steak-in-sandwich and a chicken Caesar wrap. Starters include classics such as chicken wings (Joker’s wings), sticky dry ribs, and jalapeno and cheese poppers.
- Joker’s Den Pub: In the pub, you will find large screen TVs to watch live sports. Live bands and all-request DJs also appear regularly. The Joker’s Den shares the same menu as the steakhouse, with an additional senior’s menu with a set price of $12.99. Dishes include a half rack of ribs, a BLT and a steak special. Various beers, wines and cocktails are all available in the Joker’s Den.
The hotel at Camrose Resort Casino
The hotel at this resort has 102 standard rooms: 26 single king and 76 double queen rooms. In addition, there are 11 suites. These are three family suites, four jacuzzi suites (these double as the bridal suites) and four executive suites.
All of the rooms feature 42” flat-screen TVs, free high-speed Wi-Fi and hard-wired internet connections, a microwave, a fridge, a safe, iron with a full-sized board, and a coffee and tea service.
Guest can make use of the pool and water slide, as well as the hot tub. A fitness centre featuring a treadmill, free weights, recumbent bike, weight machine, elliptical and yoga mats is also available.
Other Casinos in Alberta
- Boomtown Casino
- Cash Casinos Calgary
- Casino Dene
- Century Casino Calgary
- Century Casino Edmonton
- Century Casino St. Albert
- Century DownsCasino
- Century Mile Casino, Edmonton
- Copper Coulee Casino
- Cowboys Casino Calgary
- Deerfoot Casino
- Eagle River Casino
- Elbow River Casino
- Evergreen Park Casino
- Grand Villa Casino Edmonton
- Great Northern Casino & Poker
- Grey Eagle Casino
- Jackpot Casino Red Deer
- Pure Casino & Poker Yellowhead
- Pure Casino Calgary
- Pure Casino Edmonton
- Pure Casino Lethbridge
- River Cree Resort & Casino
- Starlight Casino Edmonton
- Stoney Nakoda Casino
How does Camrose Resort Casino compare?
If you want to enjoy a casino break in the heart of Alberta, Camrose Resort Casino makes an ideal choice. Gamers will enjoy the range of slots. While smaller than the selections at some of the other Alberta casinos, all the classic games are included. Some slots give you the opportunity to win a province-wide jackpot. Head to the table games for the best in blackjack, roulette, baccarat and UTH. Poker players can enjoy cash games and tournaments in a private room.
This casino is not 24 hours, so make sure you check the opening times before you travel.
Guests can stay at the Best Western Premier Collection hotel in a choice of luxury rooms and suites. Fine dining is available at the Redwood Steakhouse and Bar and the Joker’s Den — with entertainment and live music available in the Regal Ballroom.