Slots machines at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino
There are over 800 slot machines at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino. They are all located in the appropriately named Fortune Room. Many of the slot games have progressive jackpots. The biggest prizes are listed on the Deerfoot Inn & Casino website. The progressive jackpot slots include Progressive Jackpot Fridays (major and minor jackpots), Jackpot Junctions (The Grand, The Special and The Express), Alberta Gold and American Original. The most exciting progressive of all is the Diamond Millions prize, which, as the name suggests, starts off with a million-dollar prize — and goes up from there.
Featured slots and gambling machines at the casino cover all the biggest and best-known slot machine developers. The list below shows the highlights:
- Dream Ca$h
- Zodiac Lion
- Buffalo Gold Revolution
- King of Bling
- Dreams of Egypt
- Star Watch Fire
- Wonder 4 Boost
- Buffalo Max
- 007 Slots
- Robin Hood
- Big Money Show
- Fortune’s 88
- Roulette Evolution (electronic table game)
- Game King Multi-Game (video poker)
- Dragon Link
- Catch the Big One 2
- Jackpot Party
For the biggest games with the biggest stakes and the biggest payouts, head into the high limit slot room. All of the 24 province-run VLTs are hosted in their own lounge.
There are 20+ live tables available every evening. The games are as follows:
Within the table games section, you can win one of a series of progressive jackpots via optional side bets. Vegas 3 Poker, Stax and Chase the Flush progressives are all available, as well as the Jackpot Fridays (which can be won at all parts of the casino). The Ultimate Texas Hold ’em progressive prize is the highest in the table games section, offering a prize fund of more than a quarter of a million dollars (at time of writing). Blackjack fans can take home the Blazing 7s progressive jackpot, which at time of writing was in excess of $50,000.
In the promotions section of this page, you will find details of additional prizes you can win by playing table games.
Deerfoot Inn & Casino poker room
The 10-table poker room at the casino is in high demand, so if you want to play poker, you will need to make a reservation. You can reserve a seat for yourself, a group, or you can rent the entire room. The casino will provide the chips, drinks and dealers.
Like the other parts of the casino, progressive jackpot prizes available in the poker room. The 4T Jackpot pools are the only uncapped jackpots in the whole of Alberta and are each won as follows:
- Quad eights are beaten (current prize more than $100,000).
- Quad twos through quad sevens beaten (current prize more than $50,000).
- Aces full of 10s through aces full of kings, beaten by quads or better (current jackpot more than $25,000).
There is also an Omaha bad beat prize that currently sits at more than $10,000. This can be won if your quad eights or higher are beaten.
Winner’s Edge loyalty program
As a player at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino, you have the opportunity to sign up to the Winner’s Edge, a province-wide rewards program run in conjunction with many casinos in Alberta. To sign up, simply head to guest services with your ID.
The program is all about loyalty points. You earn one point for every $5 you wager at slot machines and electronic table games. You can then redeem these points for free play at the casino, or for additional entries into member-only contests. You can also enjoy a 10% discount on select items on the menus at the on-site restaurants. On signing up to Winner’s Edge, you can win an immediate 500,000-point bonus.
Regular contests include an opportunity to win $5,000 in cash giveaways — the more you play, the more entries you will get for the drawing.
Throughout the month, there is a range of promotions to enjoy. Examples include:
- Seniors’ tournaments: If you are 55 or older, you can enjoy seniors’ tournaments every Tuesday and Thursday. They run at noon, and you can enter by playing roulette or blackjack.
- Monthly drink special: Each month, one particular cocktail will be chosen as the monthly special and offered at a discounted rate.
- Two-for-one dinner specials: Every day between Sunday and Thursday there is a specified meal that you can enjoy with a two-for-one special.
Deerfoot Inn & Casino hotel amenities
Deerfoot Inn & Casino hotel
The hotel at the casino has 188 luxuriously guest rooms, including 28 suites. Here is a list of the different room types at the Deerfoot Inn and Casino in Calgary, Alberta:
- Traditional double room
- Traditional king room
- Family suites
- Mini suites
- Business suites
- Business spa suites
- Business boardroom suites
- Themed suites
The rooms all boast 42-inch flat-screen LCD TVs, pillow-top mattresses, climate control, Keurig coffee machines, tea kettles, irons and ironing boards, hairdryers, charging ports, mini fridges and workspace desks.
Guests can enjoy spa services, the water park and the fitness facilities.
The Deerfoot has six dining and catering options:
- Mohave Grill: Here you will find fresh Southwestern-style favourites, including chicken, steak, ribs and seafood. A perfect option for business travellers and families.
- Prime Rib Buffet: An “all-you-can-eat prime rib buffet” every Saturday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Book your spot and enjoy a cold salad bar, crudité, hot buffet, side dishes, slow-roasted prime rib and Yorkshire pudding.
- Wild Horse Pub: An ideal location for a quick bite, with finger foods through to full entrées to after-dinner drinks and desserts. Enjoy the entertainment while you eat.
- Cactus Lounge: Here you will find a light menu, a full bar and lots of entertainment options. Enjoy karaoke on weekends.
- Island Bar: Open for more than 13 years, provides a variety of beverages.
- Kids Pool Party: Treat your kids to a pool party as part of your stay, with a kids’ menu, a one-hour swim and a birthday cake.
The entertainment events at the Deerfoot Inn and Casino take place in the Chrome Showroom. There is a mix of high-quality solo artists from rock, pop and country. Many of the top tribute acts in the country (good examples include Bee Gees and Abba tribute acts) have played there. Acts such as The Zombies, David Cassidy and Pam Tillis also have appeared in this venue.
How does the Deerfoot Inn & Casino compare?
The Deerfoot Inn & Casino is an ideal venue for those who enjoy a range of casino gambling in the South Calgary area. Slots include the latest games from the biggest producers, alongside many classic titles. A range of table games and the poker room complete the perfect all-round gambling experience. A range of progressive jackpots can be won across all the different types of gambling at the casino.
Casino games are only part of the story at Deerfoot Inn. With top-class entertainment at the Chrome Showroom, you can enjoy live music from top-rated acts and tribute bands. With a water park, spa, hotel and multiple dining options, there is plenty to enjoy at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino.