History of Pure Casino Edmonton
Pure Casino Edmonton first opened its doors in 1986. In the more than 30 years since opening, this casino has undergone a series of renovations to make it the impressive facility it has become today. The location of the casino has been important to its success. Pure Casino is within a short distance of several hotels. They include the Edmonton Hotel and Convention Centre, Four Points by Sheraton, Edmonton South and the Strathcona Hotel.
Pure Canadian Gaming owns and operates the casino. It is the largest and longest running casino / poker room in Alberta.
Slots at Pure Casino Edmonton
Pure Casino has put together a large collection of slots — with more than 850 individual machines and even more options on VLTs. The games offer a mix of the new and old, with the latest branded movie slots mixed with classics, including retro games with mechanical reels.
Progressive jackpots are available at Pure Casino. First there are in-house progressives — some are linked between similar slots; others are for individual games/cabinets. There are also province-wide linked jackpots, which offer the largest prizes in Alberta.
Popular games include Aristocrat’s Lightning Link range. This has the signature hold and spin bonus feature — as well as progressive jackpots. Bally’s Quick Hit slots and the Buffalo slots can also be found among classics like Cleopatra and IGT’s Wheel of Fortune games.
Alongside the slots are a series of video lottery terminals offering a range of games.
Table games at Pure Casino Edmonton
The big money table game action takes place in the High Limit Room. Here you will find a pair of blackjack tables alongside four baccarat tables. In addition, there are also two private baccarat tables for the real whales.
In total there are 26 tables at this casino. You will find the popular games have several tables each.
Here is a list of how the tables are organized:
- 11 Blackjack
- 1 Craps
- 7 Baccarat
- 2 Roulette
- 1 Pai Gow
- 3 Ultimate Texas Hold ’em
- 1 Four Card Poker
Pure Casino Edmonton poker room
There are 12 poker tables in a separate room. Cash games are running every day. No-Limit Hold ’em is a popular option, as are Pot-Limit Omaha games.
There are also weekly poker tournaments, each with a buy-in of $60. Check out the casino website for the full schedule — you can also book your seat in advance for any event by calling the number above the event calendar.
Unlike the rest of the casino, the Pure Casino Edmonton poker room is open 24 hours a day.
Pure Rewards & Winner’s Edge loyalty programs
The loyalty program at Pure Casino Edmonton is called Pure Rewards, and it also runs at the sister casinos in Yellowhead, Calgary and Lethbridge. To sign up, head to Guest Services. As part of the loyalty program, members will earn the following:
- Entries into promotional drawings simply by swiping your card at the kiosk.
- Exclusive offers and coupons.
- Member-only ballots and exclusive rewards for hand pay jackpots and specific buy-ins at table games.
- 10% off all food and beverage purchases at the casino.
You can also sign up to the Alberta-wide Winner’s Edge loyalty program at Pure Casino Edmonton. This lets you earn points every time you play slots or electronic gambling machines such as VLTs. As part of the program, you will be entered into exciting prize contests and can redeem your points for either free play or extra draw entries at the casino.
Promotions at Pure Casino Edmonton
Check out the promotions page of the website to see what the latest offers are. Example promotions offered at Pure Casino Edmonton include:
- The chance to win an NFL jersey when heading to the casino to watch Monday Night Football.
- Drawings to win prizes such as hot tubs.
- Write a review of the casino on a review site, and you could receive a gift card worth $50.
Dining options at Pure Casino Edmonton
There are three dining options at Pure Casino Edmonton, AB. Here is a rundown of each:
- Alta Kitchen: This venue opens from 9:30 a.m. daily and closes at 9 p.m. on Sunday through Thursday and 10 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays. Enjoy a breakfast such as steak and eggs or buttermilk pancakes to start your day. Head in later in the day, and you can enjoy steak sandwiches, an Alta burger, a selection of dishes from the wok menu, a New York steak, chicken wings, dry ribs and much more.
- Snax Pantry and Wok: You can grab a snack here at any time between 11:30 a.m. and 2 a.m. daily. Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog is a must have, while triple decker clubs, BLTs and more appear on the menu. You can also “build your own noodle soup,” choosing from meat, noodles and vegetables.
- Centre Bar: The bar is open from 9:30 a.m. to 2 a.m. daily. Here you can enjoy the daily breakfast special (home fries, toast and choice of bacon, ham or sausage) for just $5.99 before 11 a.m. The main menu reflects the same dishes as available at the Alta Kitchen.
Check out the specials throughout the week. On Wednesday you can grab a pound of chicken wings. On Friday you can enjoy a 9-ounce New York strip steak, while the Saturday special is prime rib. Similar specials appear on the drinks menu. On Tuesday you can enjoy the featured wine, on Saturday you will receive discounts every time you have wine by the glass, and on Sunday there is a deal on a cocktail.
Pure Casino Edmonton entertainment
The casino has recently introduced a brand-new entertainment venture — The Mezz. This lounge bar is “modern and sophisticated” and features a Sky Stage where you can watch live events, and free NHL and pay-per-view UFC events on the screens. Check out the drink menu at the venue and enjoy beer, wine and signature cocktails such as the “Pure Canadian Caesar” and “Royal Flush.” Live music appears regularly in The Mezz, with an acoustic feel to the sound and many live duos appearing. The casino promises to feature the best local bands and some of Edmonton’s most talented musicians. This modern venue is open from 4 p.m. till 10 p.m. Sunday to Thursday and from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
How does Pure Casino Edmonton compare?
As part of the Pure Canadian Gaming collection, the Edmonton site is a standout casino in Alberta. With more than 850 slots, the collection is huge — with all the popular titles from global slot producers covered. Win big with the progressive jackpot slots; both in-house and Alberta-wide prizes are available.
There is a similarly wide collection of table games, with all your favourites like blackjack, roulette and baccarat. Optional side bets give you the chance to win big in casino poker games. A vibrant poker room — open 24/7 — offers both cash and tournament action.
When you have finished gambling for the day, head to The Mezz to catch live music or watch the game. Live music is available when there is no sports action to bet on. The three restaurants on site offer a choice of menus. Make sure you sign up to both Pure Casino’s loyalty program and to the Winner’s Edge (Alberta-wide) program to maximize your discounts and casino promotions.