You can win money without risking a cent at online casinos in Canada. The biggest and best international brands are competing for your time and offer free spins bonuses as an incentive.
There are different types of free spins casino bonuses to enjoy. No deposit offers give you a small number of spins and a shot at getting lucky. For more spins and a better chance of making a profit, deals where you make a small deposit are even better.
Before you jump in and start taking bonuses at free spins casinos, it pays to understand exactly how these offers work. Bonuses that look identical when you only read the headline can be completely different when you read the ‘small print’.
This page has you covered for the best free spins deals. Below you will find out how to focus on the best available offers, and what to look for when future deals crop up.
Best Canadian Casino Free Spin Bonuses
Free spins are wonderful bonuses to come across because the possibilities are endless. You probably won’t get rich, but you might see some big returns without any risk whatsoever. In the meantime, it’s important to realize that bonuses are a constant facet of online casinos. So, here are some of your best options for online casinos bonuses in Ontario:
- Stars Casino – Stars Casino is the online casino brand for PokerStars. Stars distinguish itself with style over volume – although there are fewer games on Stars than other online casinos, each one is beautifully rendered and realized to maximize the aural and visual treats for the players. Each day that you log into your Stars account, you receive a daily bonus! This bonus can come in the form of a deposit bonus, a risk-free bet, or free spins.
- BetMGM Online Casino – BetMGM represents the massive MGM Resorts International as its online casino brand. The online site itself, therefore, is suitably large, with hundreds of different games of every type imaginably. There are slots and table games, of course, but there is also a variety of games like Slingo, virtual sports, and a roster of exclusive games you cannot find elsewhere. Every day that you log onto BetMGM, you can Spin the Wheel and take your shot at cash bonuses or tournament tickets.
- Caesars Casino – Caesars Casino serves as the online casino ambassador for one of the world’s largest casino companies – Caesars Entertainment. The site’s offerings are solid, and there are plenty of ways that you can play. The biggest attraction is the MEGAWAYS slots, where you can play up to 1 million paylines on a single spin. Caesars also maintains an extremely deep and generous roster of bonuses and promotions, so even though there isn’t a free spins deal in play right now, you can still put a bonus in your pocket as a new player!
How free spins bonuses work
Free spins bonuses can be no deposit offers, attached as an incentive to deposit (alongside a matched welcome bonus) or as an ongoing/loyalty reward.
The basic concept is the same. Casinos let you spin on slots and win real money. The stakes of your free spins are a big factor. They vary between $0.10 and $1 – with anything bigger being highlighted. Some casinos specify exactly which slots you can spin on, while others give you a free choice of any game.
When you load the slot, you will typically see a message letting you know you are using free play. You will have the option to switch to real money. A second message will appear when your free play/free spins are completed, letting you know your cash balance is now being used.
There are terms to look out for that specify how much you can win and whether you can win progressive jackpots.
All casinos will pay your winnings from free spins offers in bonus credits. You will need to meet a playthrough requirement before your bonus credits become money that can be withdrawn.
Free spins casino bonuses are an excellent way to boost your bankroll. With so many nuanced ways of offering these bonuses, it pays to understand what type of offer you are getting before you sign up.
Three types of free spins bonus
You will find three ways that free spins casinos reward their Canadian players. Keep in mind that while there are many other types of reward and bonus offers, this page focuses on the ways to enjoy free spins:
- No deposit free spins: Casinos offer a small number of spins simply for signing up or downloading their app. These are smaller numbers and will come with a cap on your winnings and playthrough requirement. This type of deal is a great way to check out a new online casino app without taking any financial risk.
- Deposit free spins: You will get a 100%+ bonus when you make your first deposit at an online casino. At some Canadian casinos, you also get free spins. Compared to the no deposit deals, you get more free spins this way. You will need to play through your winnings in the same way you do the matched welcome bonus.
- Loyalty rewards/promotions: Casinos reward their regular players via points collection schemes. Free spins are used for rewards and for one-off promotions. Look out for casinos that reward loyalty with free spins on new slots or offer them as an extra incentive for reloading your account.
Free spins bonuses are only part of the incentives offered by online casinos. If your casino is not offering you a mix of promotions and bonuses, then it is time to switch to a different brand.
Terms and conditions to watch for
It is hard to tell how generous a free spins offer is simply by reading the headline numbers. The small print, often buried in legal-style language in pages of terms, is where you can really tell how good any offer is. Below are the key things to look out for, which will highlight the quality of a casino bonus in minutes:
- Stake: Free spins at $0.10 per spin matches an offer of ten spins at $1. Double check the size of your free spins before going any further.
- Capped winnings: Look out for deals that cap your wins. Casinos can cap at anything between $20 to $100. Others allow unlimited wins, though the playthrough might make them hard to realize.
- Progressive jackpots: Some free spins offers specifically allow jackpots, even if they breach the listed winnings cap.
- Which slot(s): Are your free spins for a specific slot or specific group of slots, or do you get to pick your favourite games?
- Playthrough requirements: This specifies how many times you need to wager the cash you won with your free spins before you can cash out your profits.
- Time to complete: You should check how long your free spins will remain valid. You might also need to complete your playthrough in a short time frame at some casinos.
Which slots are best for free spin bonuses?
Some players will already have a go-to list of favourite slots. If you are new to online casinos, the huge choice of games can be confusing. Before choosing an online slot for your free spins, it is useful to be clear on your objectives. For example, if you are taking a shot at a big progressive jackpot, and not concerned about the smaller wins, you would choose different games from a player who prefers to bank as much of their free spins bonus as possible.
If you have a cap on your wins, then choosing a less volatile slot makes more sense. Some games payout big amounts, though less frequently. With a $20 cap, hitting a slot that pays more often, though smaller amounts, will maximize your chances of getting the whole $20.
The key distinction for online slots is between traditional reel-based games and multi-line and multi-featured video slots. You will have a huge choice of video slot titles. These include many of the games found in live casinos around Canada. Titles from studios including IGT, Scientific Games, Konami and Aristocrat can be used to complete your free spins bonuses.
Most online casinos in Ontario will let you try out their slots in demo mode. This will allow you to narrow down your choices before you play your free spins bonuses. Some of these deals will specify which slot you can play on. This gives you a chance at trying out a new game, as well as a shot at winning some cash.
Beyond free spins: more bonus offers
Free spins are only one of a range of bonus offers available at online casinos in Canada. While those spins are a great way of checking out a casino site or app, there are many other offers that can be a lot more profitable over time.
Here are the key deals to look out for:
- Matched welcome bonuses: All casinos have a bonus designed to encourage deposits. They will match your first deposit, usually at 100% of the total. You get bonus credits that need to be wagered a set number of times to clear. Slots are ideal for meeting this playthrough target, as they count at 100% of your bets. Table games are often weighted.
- No lose/rebate bonuses: As an alternative to the matched deposit bonus deals, some casinos rebate any losses, based on your first day of play. You get bonus credits, that you need to clear in the same way as your matched welcome bonus.
- Tournament entries: Entering slot tournaments is another way you can spin free. You will spin a set number of times. Your results will be compared to other players, with prizes for whoever won the most money.
- Loyalty rewards: Comp schemes are available at all online casinos in one form or another. Your play is rewarded in the form of points that you can swap for bonuses. Tiered schemes are common. Here you climb levels within the loyalty program, unlocking extra bonuses and rewards as you go. Free spins offers often come via these reward programs.
- Reload bonuses: If your account runs dry, then a reload bonus will help get you back on track. This type of deal works just like the matched welcome bonus. The percentage bonus you get will vary between 25% and 100%. Reloads for specific games are offered throughout the week at some online casinos.
In the ‘arms race’ to attract and retain players, Canadian online casinos are always coming up with new and imaginative promotions. It can pay to keep an eye on the websites of all the big brands, as you never know when a potentially profitable offer will appear.
How to play for free at live casinos in Canada
You can get free spins at live casinos around Canada. They take the form of free-play rewards through the different comp schemes. The process is simple: you sign up for a loyalty rewards card, then use it to track your play. Each time you spin, you will earn points that can be redeemed in different ways depending on the scheme. Almost all casinos offer a loyalty program across Canada. Everyone from the Hard Rock in Vancouver to Casino Rama in Ontario.
Free play lets you spin free on slots. What is different about these free spins is that you do not have playthrough requirements as you would find online. Look out for loyalty schemes with tiers. If you are a frequent player at a casino chain, you might get free play (and room/resort credit) offers in mailers.
You can also use the points you accumulate playing slots for food and goods at stores in the larger casino resorts. It makes no difference to the outcome of the spins whether your gaming is tracked. This means that forgetting to sign up for loyalty schemes is simply leaving rewards on the table.
If there is one message that should be loud and clear from reading this page, it is that not all free spins bonus offers are equal. If you know what to look out for, you can spot the bad offers very quickly. Things to look for are lower spin amounts, caps on winnings and, constraints on which game(s) you can play.
That said, Canadian players are in a unique position to take advantage of free spins offers. With all the best-known international online casino brands competing for your custom, there is always a selection of offers to choose from.
Making a deposit will unlock extra offers, with more free spins as well as matched or no-lose welcome bonuses. Finally, make sure your casino offers multiple promotions and loyalty rewards. If any Canadian online casino does not reward your loyalty well, it is time to make the switch to one that does!