Pokerstars Casino Ontario – 2022 Update & Review
Pokerstars Casino — the online casino label of the popular poker site — now offers Canadians an extensive library of slots and table games and an excellent user experience. To get started simply sign up with Pokerstars Casino Ontario and within minutes you’ll be able to start playing.
You’ll arrive at the “My Casino” page every time you log in, showing you recommended titles and the site’s game of the week.
You don’t need to enter a Pokerstars Casino referral code when you open a new Pokerstars Ontario account, just sign up with our links and you’ll be all set.
Read on as we complete a full review of the site. We look at the available iOS and Android apps, banking options, and of course the games you’ll be able to play at Pokerstars online casino in Ontario.
What is the Pokerstars Casino Canada code for August 2022?
You don’t need a Pokerstars Casino code when you sign up for a new Pokerstars Casino account in Canada.
|Online Casino||Pokerstars Casino Canada|
|Pokerstars Casino Canada Code||None, click to join|
|Pokerstars Casino Canada Min. Deposit||$10|
|Pokerstars Casino Canada Deposit Methods||Credit/debit card, Bank transfer, PayPal, EcoPayz, Prepaid card|
|Last Updated||August 2022|
Is Pokerstars Casino legal in Canada?
Yes, Pokerstars Casino would not have been able to launch in Ontario without being licensed and approved by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario and iGaming Ontario. Players 19 and older will be able to register for the site and place real money bets from within provincial boundaries. Other provinces will likely follow in time.
Pokerstars Casino will check your age when you register for the site, and you will need to allow the casino to access your location at all times — regardless of whether you are using the casino website or the Pokerstars app.
The casino also works to provide a strong responsible gambling policy. This means you can set limits on your play and close your account anytime.
How to download the Pokerstars Casino app in Canada
Pokerstars Casino has its own app, which allows you to play games, visit the cashier, and more from your phone or tablet. As long as you’re within Ontario, you’ll be able to use online casino apps from anywhere. Here’s how to download Pokerstars Casino onto your device:
Pokerstars Casino on iOS
If you’re an iPhone or iPad user, you should find it to be pretty easy to download the Pokerstars app. It’s also easy to use, with smooth navigation and solid graphics. Here’s how to get it:
- Start by heading to the Pokerstars Casino website via your device’s mobile browser.
- Once there, choose your location.
- The casino site will detect your device and send you to the correct download page on the App Store.
- Download the app, sign in to your account, and get ready to play.
Pokerstars Casino on Android
Android users will also find it similarly easy to get the app:
- Visit the Pokerstars Casino mobile site same as above and select your location.
- This time, Pokerstars should redirect you to the correct download page on the Google Play Store. If not, scroll down, select “Play on mobile” and then choose “Download for Android.”
- Once you’ve got the app, you can sign in and begin using it.
How do I get started at Pokerstars Casino in Canada?
PokerStars has years of experience in the online gambling industry, so it’s no surprise that its online casino makes it easy to create your Pokerstars Casino account and start playing. To start, click the green “Join” button at the top of the Pokerstars Online Casino website. Then follow these steps:
- Enter your email address and create a username and password.
- Type in your Canadian address, phone number and date of birth.
- Allow Pokerstars to access your location.
- Read through the terms of the site and select your marketing preferences.
- Click “Create Account” and wait for the casino to verify your age against your details.
Once your account is ready, you can fund it by clicking the cashier button, entering an amount to deposit, then selecting your payment method. The minimum deposit is $10.
What games can you play at Pokerstars Canada Casino?
Pokerstars Casino has a solid library of games including real money slots, roulette variations, blackjack, baccarat and video poker games. The table game selection, which we’ll get into soon, is particularly impressive.
Every time you log in, you’ll find yourself on the My Casino page. This is a great place to start, especially if you’re new to the site. It will display the top games on the site right now, the current game of the week, new games on the site and several PokerStars Picks.
Use the top navigation button to open the slots library. You’ll have several filter options — new, exclusive, popular — but there’s no option to filter by paylines or game developer like there is at some other online casinos. There is, however, a search bar to help you locate certain titles you’d like to play.
The site adds new slots frequently, often themed around the time of year. You’ll find numerous Halloween games in October and special Christmas releases in December. Games are from a variety of top software providers and vary in reels, paylines and special features. Look for popular progressive slot titles like Divine Fortune alongside classic favourites such as Blood Suckers and Dazzle Me.
You’ll also see a “Card & Table” option on the top navigation bar. Options here include blackjack, roulette and video poker titles. Some games are even available in multiplayer, allowing you to play alongside other Pokerstars Casino Canadian users. Hover over any game and click the “i” button to receive info on the min/max bet and return-to-player rate.
There’s also a handful of live table games if you want to try your hand at something a little new. Other online casinos may have more live options, though, which you may want to bear in mind if you’re a live betting fan.
What are the most popular games at Pokerstars Casino in Ontario?
Every casino has its player favourites. Here are some of the most popular games at Pokerstars Casino:
- Dark King Forbidden Riches: Fantasy fans are likely to love this game from NetEnt. The five-reel, 25-payline title uses stunning visuals and a creepy soundtrack to set the scene for players. The wild multiplier is the key to potential big wins here, taking your maximum winnings from 500x your stake up to 2,500x. Dark King has a minimum bet of $0.20 per spin and an RTP of 96.06%.
- Frog of Fortune: This exclusive Pokerstars Casino title from Core Gaming is a fun title with up to 20 paylines. There are many wilds and multipliers within this game, and a super spin feature to enhance gameplay. Frog of Fortune is a medium volatility slot with an RTP of 95%. This is slightly lower than many games out there, but its features help make up for that.
- Classic Blackjack: It’s hard to beat a game of classic blackjack to the top spot in any online casino lobby. The Pokerstars version has a minimum bet of $0.10 and a maximum bet of $2,500. The RTP is 99.48%, and you can play in both single-player and multiplayer mode.
- Heads Up Hold’em: It would be a shock if we didn’t find a video poker game as one of the top titles on a Pokerstars-owned casino. Heads Up turns classic poker into a fun online casino game where you’ll compete against the dealer (or other users in multiplayer mode) to create the best five-card hand. This game has a minimum bet of $0.10 and a maximum bet of $2,500, with an RTP of 97.64%.
- Divine Fortune: Commonly the most played game at Pokerstars Casino at any given time, Divine Fortune is a progressive jackpot slot from NetEnt. The ancient-Greece-themed game has wilds, a re-spin feature and a jackpot extra where you can win two fixed jackpots and one progressive mega jackpot. Spins start at $0.20 and max out at $100. This game has an RTP of 96.6%.
Is Pokerstars the best online casino in Canada?
Pokerstars Casino definitely has a lot going for it. With great usability features, a quality app and a good library of games, there’s certainly plenty to keep you entertained.
Though there are fewer slots and table games on the site than at some competitors, the quality is definitely there, and we like that you can find new titles based on the time of year or upcoming holidays. The “My Casino” page is also really useful. Here’s our breakdown of some of the pros and cons of Pokerstars Casino:
What’s great about Pokerstars Casino
- The “My Casino” page: This will show you the most popular games at Pokerstars, the current game of the week, special picks from the casino, and new releases. Use this as your start page to catch up on changes to the site, and to check for new games. We like that this is a new take on the classic homepage we see at most online casinos, adding a personalized feel to the site.
- Great games releases: Pokerstars Casino likes to theme its new game releases around the time of year. This means you’ll see titles like Halloween Jack and The Haunted Horseman in October, and Fat Santa and Rudolph Gone Wild in December. Though it’s a minor thing, it’s also a nice touch and really helps to get into the festive spirit.
- Casino races: You’ll find a variety of casino races to take part in. If you’ve been playing at DraftKings, you might be familiar with these races, as the site puts a similar focus on them. Select a race you like the look of and bet on eligible games to receive points. At the end of the race, players at the top of the leaderboard will win a prize.
Areas in need of improvement
- Quantity of live dealer games: Though Pokerstars Casino has some good live dealer games, we’d like to see more of them. Right now, there’s the option to play a couple of blackjack, roulette and baccarat selections.
- More browsing filters: Now that we’ve seen the amazing browsing filters at a site like Golden Nugget Casino, it’s difficult to find anything else that compares. We’d like to be able to filter games at Pokerstars Casino in a similar manner — by type, provider, paylines and bet limits.
Pokerstars Casino Canadian banking options
You can make deposits and withdrawals at Pokerstars Casino on both its website and app. Available payment methods are easy to use, and Pokerstars has measures in place to protect your info. Here’s how you can deposit cash into your Pokerstars account:
- Credit/debit card
- Bank transfer
- Prepaid card
How to withdraw money from the Pokerstars Canada app
You can withdraw your money from Pokerstars using an online bank transfer, PayPal or ecoPayz. We’d like to see more options available here, but this is good enough for now. Withdrawals are generally very fast, and you could receive a payment within 48 hours.
Customer support at Pokerstars Casino Canada
Scroll to the footer of the Pokerstars site and look under the “How To” header for assistance using the casino. Here, you will see a link for help with deposits and withdrawals, information on how to play, and the help button, which will take you to the FAQ page.
This page is detailed and includes information on banking, special offers, responsible gambling, accounts and technical issues. It even links to the casino’s support page over on Twitter, should you ever wish to get in contact over there.
If you’d prefer email, click the contact button on the FAQ page to fill in a support form. You may be redirected to a live chat if available, or the support department will receive your form via email.
Pokerstars’ entry into the Ontario online casino market
Pokerstars has always had its eyes set on Canada. The Stars Group was at one time headquartered in Toronto, after all. The company’s recent merger with Flutter Entertainment didn’t change much at all, and Ontario changing its online gambling market presented an opportunity for the Pokerstars Casino to be regulated here.
Pokerstars Casino FAQ
You don’t need a Pokerstars Casino code. Register a new account with Pokerstars Casino Ontario, and you’ll be treated like a VIP from the start.
You’ll need to be 19 or older to bet at any legal online casinos in the province.
The minimum deposit amount at Pokerstars is $10. You can fund your account using a credit or debit card, PayPal, ecoPayz, an online bank transfer or a prepaid card.
Yes, Pokerstars is a safe casino option. It has security measures in place and a responsible gambling policy that lets you set limits on your play.
Many online slots at Pokerstars have a maximum bet in the $100 range, with some reaching $500 or more. If you’re playing table games, it isn’t uncommon to see maximum bets of as much as $2,500.