History of McPhillips Station Casino, Winnipeg, MB
McPhillips Station opened in 1993. This casino was originally known as the McPhillips Street Station Casino and underwent renovations in both 1999 and 2015. The casino invites guests to explore a vibrant train station and turn of the century hotel, complete with a grand staircase and dazzling chandeliers. Over the years many famous musicians have played at this casino, including Carly Rae Jepsen, Boyz II Men, Billy Ocean, and Bret Michaels.
Slots at McPhillips Station Casino
This is a big casino, with more than 800 slots to enjoy. The games are varied, offering something for every player. Many people head to the casino hoping to cash in on one of the progressive jackpot slots.
There are hundreds of jackpot slots on site, with a wide range of top prizes. The biggest prize of all is the ‘PowerBucks’ progressive. This IGT slot is seeded at a cool $1 million and it only rises from there. It launched in 2016 and pays out several times a year. The largest win ever at a PowerBucks game is an incredible $2.25 million in May 2020 (another million dollar-plus prize was paid out just three days later). In addition to this huge prize, you will find smaller jackpots ranging from four to six figures.
Most slots start at penny denomination. There are titles from big producers including Bally, Aristocrat, IGT, and Scientific Games at McPhillips Station.
Here are at the some of the most popular current games:
- PowerBucks (with that minimum $1 million progressive jackpot payout)
- The Wheel of Fortune range from IGT
- Lightning Link slots
- Dragon Link slots
- American Original
- Dancing Drums
- Ultimate Fire Link
- The Buffalo Series from Aristocrat
- 88 Fortunes
In addition to the slots you can also enjoy video poker and keno machines, as well as electronic bingo, which includes slots, video poker, and keno. A selection of video lottery terminals (VLTs) can be enjoyed in the Loft 180. These VLTs offer a range of different games, including further slots with a variety of themes.
There are regular big winners at the casino, with several large four-figure wins recorded every day, as well as frequent five-figure wins. Check out the Winners page on the casino to see which machines are the ones paying out — do you give them a spin as they are paying out regularly, or do you concentrate on the games that haven’t paid out in a while? The choice is yours.
Table Games at the McPhillips Station Casino
There are 44 designated gaming tables at McPhillips Station. All the most popular games are covered, with a wide range of stakes, side bets, and rules variations. Here are the options:
- Pai Gow poker
- Casino poker variations
As well as playing the games at the tables, you can also enjoy electronic roulette. This is an entertaining game where you use touchscreens to bet.
Bingo at McPhillips Street Station Casino
Whether you are a seasoned bingo player or an absolute beginner, there are entertaining bingo options at Winnipeg’s McPhillips Station Casino. There are four sessions daily — Sunrise, Matinee, Sunset, and Evening. In each session there is a wide selection of games, and players can choose from different ways to play. Large jackpots are on offer at each of these sessions, with tens of thousands of dollars to be won.
Club Card loyalty scheme
The loyalty scheme at McPhillips Station is a joint initiative with the Club Regent Casino under the ‘Casinos of Winnipeg’ banner. On signing up for the scheme, you will receive a ‘Club Card’. This is used to track your play, which lets you accumulate points to swap for rewards.
New members of this scheme will also receive an immediate $10 in free play.
You will earn one loyalty point for each of the following:
- $2 staked at the slots
- $2.50 staked at electronic bingo or multi-game machines
- $4 staked at video poker
Each point earned is the equivalent of $0.01, and they can be converted to ‘point play’ when you reach a minimum of $5. Point play is effectively free play at one of a select range of games. The maximum amount you can convert to point play on any given day is 10,000 points (the equivalent of $100).
If you prefer not to spend your loyalty points on gaming, you can also use them at the restaurants, purchase gift cards and entertainment tickets with them, or merchandise at the casino gift shop.
As part of the scheme you will also benefit from concert and event presales and exclusive member offers. A special birthday gift of $10 awaits you if you visit either of the two casinos in the month of your birthday. The $10 is automatically loaded on to your account.
McPhillips Station Casino restaurants & dining options
There are three dining options and a bar at this casino. Here is a look at each:
- Dixie’s Lounge: You can enjoy an à la carte menu at Dixie’s Lounge. On the menu you will find a good mix of classic fare and specialty dishes. Appetizers include roadhouse chicken wings, calamari, and quesadillas to whet your appetite. Pizza and fried chicken are popular options, as well as a range of gambling-themed burgers. The Blackjack Burger and the Double Down Burger are both popular choices. New York Steaks and house-smoked baby back ribs also catch the eye. Finish it all off with New York cheesecake, apple crisp, or a chocolate torte.
- Loft 180: Head into the spacious Loft 180 for further mouth-watering dishes, where everything is made fresh on-site. Take advantage of the full bar selection, including local craft beers, exciting cocktails, wine, and more.
- Floor Bar: The bar is situated in the heart of the casino, making for a comfortable and relaxing time as you take a break from the slots and table games. Craft beers, wine, and cocktails are the order of the day at the Floor Bar.
- McDonalds: If fast food is what you are after, you can visit the McDonald’s franchise location within the casino. Big Macs, Quarter Pounders, Filet-o-fish, and more can be enjoyed on-site.
Other Casinos in Manitoba
How does McPhillips Station compare?
The McPhillips Station casino is an ideal site for both Winnipeg residents and those from further afield. The casino preserves the look and feel of the original station, with striking grandiose stairways and chandeliers as you enter. There are more than 800 slots to choose from at this Winnipeg-based venue. Many have progressive jackpots, with the biggest prizes going over $1 million. Table game fans will enjoy classic options including blackjack, roulette, baccarat, or casino poker variations.
You will earn loyalty points every time you play and redeem them quickly and easily for either free play or discounts. After a day of hard gaming, head to Dixie’s Lounge, Loft 180, Floor Bar, or McDonald’s for a bite to eat or to relax at the bars.