Dave Briggs is a managing editor and writer for Catena Media. His expertise is covering the gambling industry in North America with an emphasis on the casino, sports betting, horse racing and poker sectors. He is currently reporting on the gaming industries in Canada and Illinois.
Briggs has appeared on CTV, CP24 and has been quoted often by The Canadian Press for his professional opinion about the growth of Ontario’s gambling sector.
Before joining PlayCanada, Briggs spent more than 25 years as a writer and editor covering North American horse racing. For 18 years, he was the editor of The Canadian Sportsman, covering the harness racing industry. He also spent more than five years as the editor of Canadian Thoroughbred magazine. He holds a master’s degree in journalism from Western University and was a 2018 inductee into the Communicators’ Corner of the US Harness Racing Hall of Fame. He has won 25 national writing awards for his coverage of the horse racing industry.
Beyond a deep passion for family and music, Dave has a mostly tragic, lifelong love of Detroit sports teams. The LaSalle, Ontario native has long lived in the Lake Erie beach town of Port Stanley, Ontario with his wife, Laura, and their beloved Vizsla named California.
Posts by Dave Briggs:
- 46 Operators Have Stopped Taking Grey Market Bets From Ontarians, 28 Nov 2022
- Retail Ontario Sportsbooks A Poor And Troubling Experience For Pro Bettor, 23 Nov 2022
- Canadian Press Reporter Dan Ralph Breaks Down His 30th Grey Cup Game, 18 Nov 2022
- Rivalry Launches New, Old-School Style Twist On An Online Casino, 16 Nov 2022
- Gateway’s Decision To Stay At Western Fair A Boon To Ontario Horse Racing, 10 Nov 2022
- Expert: Canadian Match-Fixing Scandal Still Looms Large, 08 Nov 2022
- Great Canadian Opens Retail Sportsbooks At 10 Locations, 28 Oct 2022
- Ontario Online Sportsbook And Casino Revenue Ranks A Distant Fourth, 28 Oct 2022
- OLG Approves Retail Sportsbooks For “Select” Ontario Casinos, 28 Oct 2022
- Win Tonight’s Lotto Max Jackpot And Buy A Compound In The Hamptons… Or 46 Million Cans Of SpaghettiOs, 18 Oct 2022