Dave Briggs is a managing editor and writer for Catena Media. His expertise is covering the gambling industry in North America with an emphasis on the casino, sports betting, horse racing and poker sectors. He is currently reporting on the gaming industries in Canada and Illinois.
Briggs has appeared on CTV, CP24 and has been quoted often by The Canadian Press for his professional opinion about the growth of Ontario’s gambling sector.
Before joining PlayCanada, Briggs spent more than 25 years as a writer and editor covering North American horse racing. For 18 years, he was the editor of The Canadian Sportsman, covering the harness racing industry. He also spent more than five years as the editor of Canadian Thoroughbred magazine. He holds a master’s degree in journalism from Western University and was a 2018 inductee into the Communicators’ Corner of the US Harness Racing Hall of Fame. He has won 25 national writing awards for his coverage of the horse racing industry.
Beyond a deep passion for family and music, Dave has a mostly tragic, lifelong love of Detroit sports teams. The LaSalle, Ontario native has long lived in the Lake Erie beach town of Port Stanley, Ontario with his wife, Laura, and their beloved Vizsla named California.
Posts by Dave Briggs:
- New $1 Billion Ontario Casino Could Be Game-Changer For Horse Racing, 09 Mar 2023
- Live Betting The Super Bowl As Much Fun As A Roll Of Foil, 13 Feb 2023
- An Experiment To Augment My Super Bowl With A Little Sports Betting, 10 Feb 2023
- Half Of Ontario Sports Bettors Will Bet On Super Bowl, 08 Feb 2023
- Tracking Ontario Online Casino And Sportsbook Operators Live Or Coming Soon, 07 Feb 2023
- Ontario Online Gaming Handles $11.5 Billion In Q3 For $457 Million In Revenue, 26 Jan 2023
- AGCO Reinstates Betting On UFC In Ontario, 20 Jan 2023
- OLG Annual Report: Numbers Improved, But Pandemic Hangover Lingers, 10 Jan 2023
- PartyPoker Welcomes 2023 With Ontario Poker Championships, 06 Jan 2023
- Merry Festivus! Here’s Some Canadian Gambling Grievances, 23 Dec 2022