The Boston University Terriers (7-3) will try to continue a three-game winning streak when hosting the UMass-Lowell River Hawks (6-3) on Wednesday, December 8, 2021 at Case Gym. This matchup is at 7:00 PM ET.
In its previous game, Boston University beat Binghamton, 68-63, at home. Its top scorers were Javante McCoy (27 PTS, 7 REB, 64.7 FG%, 4-5 from 3PT) and Sukhmail Mathon (16 PTS, 8 REB, 20 FG%). UMass-Lowell defeated Merrimack 61-57 on the road in its last game. Its top performers were Max Brooks (17 PTS, 3 BLK, 80 FG%) and Everette Hammond (14 PTS, 3 STL, 30.8 FG%).
Matchup at a glance
- Game Day: Wednesday, December 8, 2021
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Arena: Case Gym
- Spread: Boston University -6.5
- Total: 134.5
- Moneyline: Boston University -238, UMass-Lowell +195
Boston University player stats
UMass-Lowell player stats
Boston University stats
- The Terriers are averaging 68.3 points, 5.9 more than the River Hawks concede.
- When Boston University scores more than 62.4, it has a record of 5-1.
- The Terriers and River Hawks rebound at around the same rate, with the Terriers averaging 2.6 fewer rebounds per game.
- UMass-Lowell is 4-1 overall when it finishes with more rebounds. Boston University is 1-1 when falling short on the boards.
- The Terriers are making 45.4% of their shots from the field, 5.8% higher than the River Hawks concede to opponents (39.6%).
- Boston University is 6-2 when shooting higher than 39.6% from the field.
Betting on Boston University
- The implied moneyline probability for this matchup gives the Terriers a 70.4% chance to win.
- Boston University has played 10 games, with five wins against the spread.
- This season, the Terriers have one against the spread win in two games as a favorite of 6.5 points or more.
- The average total in Terriers games this season is 132.7, 1.8 points fewer than Wednesday’s over/under of 134.5.
- The River Hawks’ 73.1 points per game are 10.5 more than the Terriers concede.
- When scoring over 62.6 points, UMass-Lowell is 4-2.
- Both these teams are strong on the boards. Boston University has an average rebounding margin of +7.3, and UMass-Lowell is at +three.
- The Terriers collect 10.3 offensive rebounds per game, 1.6 fewer than the River Hawks.
- The River Hawks’ 45 shooting percentage from the field is only 1.8 higher than the Terriers have given up.
- UMass-Lowell is 4-1 when shooting higher than 43.2% from the field.
Betting on UMass-Lowell
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the River Hawks have a 33.9% chance to win.
- UMass-Lowell is 5-1-1 against the spread this season.
- The River Hawks have been underdogs by 6.5 points or more three times this season and are 3-0 ATS in those matchups.
- The 134.5-point total for this game is 0.6 points below the 135.1 points per game average total in River Hawks games this season.