The Holy Cross Crusaders (2-7) will look to turn around a three-game losing streak when visiting the Fairfield Stags (5-3) on Wednesday, December 8, 2021 at Webster Bank Arena. This game is at 7:00 PM ET.
Fairfield were winners on the road over Niagara, 81-71, in its last game. Its top performers were Caleb Green (16 PTS, 5 AST, 57.1 FG%, 3-5 from 3PT) and Zach Crisler (14 PTS, 80.0 FG%, 4-5 from 3PT).
In its most recent game, Holy Cross lost to La Salle, 84-65, on the road. Its top performers were R.J. Johnson (10 PTS, 23.1 FG%) and Kyrell Luc (10 PTS, 23.1 FG%).
Matchup at a glance
- Game Day: Wednesday, December 8, 2021
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Location: Bridgeport, Connecticut
- Arena: Webster Bank Arena
- Spread: Fairfield -14.5
- Total: 140.5
- Moneyline: Fairfield -1111, Holy Cross +660
Fairfield player stats
Holy Cross player stats
- The 78.3 points the Stags average are 7.1 more than the Crusaders concede.
- Fairfield is 4-1 when putting more than 71.2 points on the board.
- The Stags and Crusaders rebound at nearly the same rate, with the Stags averaging 2.2 more per game.
- When Fairfield has the rebounding advantage, it is 0-1. When recording fewer boards, Holy Cross is 0-4.
- The Stags are making 48.7% of their shots from the field, 2.4% higher than the Crusaders allow to opponents (46.3%).
- In games when Fairfield shoots better than 46.3% from the field, it is 4-1 overall.
Betting on Fairfield
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Stags have an implied win probability of 91.7%.
- Against the spread, Fairfield is 4-3-0 this season.
- The average total in Stags games this season is 133.8, 6.7 points fewer than Wednesday’s over/under of 140.5.
Holy Cross stats
- The Crusaders score just 1.3 fewer points per game (68.7) than the Stags give up (70.0).
- Holy Cross is 2-0 when putting up over 70.0 points.
- Both these teams are strong on the boards. Fairfield has an average rebounding margin of +5.3, and Holy Cross is at +2.3.
- The Stags average 9.9 offensive boards, 1.2 fewer than the Crusaders.
- This season Holy Cross is 2-1 when the team shoots over 42.5% from the field.
Betting on Holy Cross
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Crusaders have a 13.2% chance to win.
- Holy Cross is unbeaten against the spread this year.
- The Crusaders have been underdogs by 14.5 points or more once this year and covered the spread.
- In 2020, games involving the Crusaders have averaged a total of 139.0 points, 1.5 fewer than this game’s set over/under.