The Merrimack Warriors (4-6) will attempt to halt a four-game road losing streak at the No. 5 Gonzaga Bulldogs (7-2) on Thursday, December 9, 2021, at 9:00 PM ET.
In its last game, Gonzaga lost at home to Alabama, 91-82. Its top scorers were Drew Timme (23 PTS, 10 REB, 2 BLK, 52.6 FG%) and Julian Strawther (13 PTS, 2 STL, 33.3 FG%, 3-7 from 3PT). Merrimack lost to Brown, 76-56, at home in its previous game. Its top scorers were Malik Edmead (16 PTS, 50.0 FG%) and Jordan Minor (16 PTS, 6 STL, 4 BLK, 45.5 FG%).
Matchup at a glance
- Game Day: Thursday, December 9, 2021
- Game Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Location: Spokane, Washington
- Arena: McCarthey Athletic Center
- Spread: Gonzaga -32
- Total: 136
- Moneyline: Gonzaga -10000, Merrimack +2500
Gonzaga player stats
Merrimack player stats
- The Bulldogs are averaging 86.2 points, 26.3 more than the Warriors allow.
- Gonzaga is 7-2 when putting more than 59.9 points on the board.
- The Bulldogs average 41.2 rebounds. That’s better than the Warriors by 14.3 boards per game.
- Gonzaga is 6-1 overall when it finishes with more rebounds. Merrimack is 3-6 when it falls short on the boards.
- The Bulldogs make 53.2% of their shots from the field, 11.8% higher than the Warriors allow their opponents (41.4%).
- Gonzaga is 7-2 when shooting higher than 41.4% from the field.
Betting on Gonzaga
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Bulldogs’ implied win probability is 99.0%.
- Gonzaga is 4-5-0 against the spread this season.
- This season, the Bulldogs have just one ATS win in three games as a favourite of 32 points or more.
- The Bulldogs and their opponents have averaged 154.4 points per game in 2021, 18.4 more than Thursday’s total.
- The Warriors’ 57.0 points per game are 8.7 fewer than the Bulldogs concede.
- Merrimack is 2-0 when scoring more than 65.7 points.
- Gonzaga outrebounds opponents by 11.3 per game, but Merrimack is -11.5 on the boards.
- The Bulldogs collect 10.8 offensive rebounds per game, 4.7 more than the Warriors.
- Merrimack is 3-2 when the team shoots over 39.2% from the field.
Betting on Merrimack
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 3.8% chance of a victory for the Warriors.
- Merrimack has played ten games, with seven wins against the spread.
- In 2020, games involving the Warriors averaged a total of 125.4 points, 10.6 fewer than this game’s set over/under.