The Loyola (MD) Greyhounds (6-6, 0-1 Patriot) will be attempting to build on a four-game home winning streak when hosting the Holy Cross Crusaders (2-11, 0-1 Patriot) on Tuesday, January 4, 2022, at Reitz Arena. It airs at 7:00 PM ET.
In its previous game, Loyola (MD) fell to Army 77-74 on the road, with Cam Spencer (26 PTS, 7 REB, 3 STL, 47.8 FG%, 3-9 from 3PT) and Kenny Jones (11 PTS, 9 AST, 3 STL, 40.0 FG%, 3-7 from 3PT) leading the way. In its most recent game, Holy Cross lost at home to Navy, 70-56. Its top scorers were Gerrale Gates (17 PTS, 66.7 FG%) and Judson Martindale (12 PTS, 7 REB, 40.0 FG%, 3-6 from 3PT).
Matchup at a glance
- Game Day: Tuesday, January 4, 2022
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Arena: Reitz Arena
- Spread: Loyola (MD) -10.5
- Total: 133
- Moneyline: Loyola (MD), Holy Cross
Holy Cross player stats
Loyola (MD) player stats
Holy Cross stats
- The Crusaders score just 2.7 fewer points per game (65.1) than the Greyhounds concede (67.8).
- Holy Cross is 2-1 when scoring more than 67.8 points.
- Loyola (MD) is -0.8 on the boards, but Holy Cross outrebounds opponents by 0.4 per game.
- The Greyhounds collect 8.6 offensive rebounds per game, 2.3 fewer than the Crusaders.
- The Crusaders’ 42.3 shooting percentage from the field is the same as the Greyhounds have conceded.
- Holy Cross is 2-3 when the team shoots over 43.2% from the field.
Betting on Holy Cross
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Crusaders have a 0.0% chance to win.
- Thus far this season Holy Cross is unbeaten against the spread.
- The Crusaders are 7-0 ATS when underdogs by 10.5 points or more this year.
- This season, the 137.1 PPG average in Crusaders games is 4.1 points more than this game’s over/under.