After losing five consecutive road games, the Idaho State Bengals (2-8) will visit the UCSB Gauchos (6-4). It tips at 4:00 PM ET on Wednesday, December 22, 2021.
UCSB were winners at home over Florida A&M 73-62 last time out, led by Ajay Mitchell (13 PTS, 2 STL, 66.7 FG%) and Sekou Toure (10 PTS, 7 REB, 80.0 FG%). In its most recent game, Idaho State lost to Cal, 72-46. Its top scorers were Robert Ford (11 PTS, 75.0 FG%) and Tarik Cool (8 PTS, 21.4 FG%).
Matchup at a glance
- Game Day: Wednesday, December 22, 2021
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- Location: Santa Barbara, California
- Arena: The Thunderdome
- Spread: UCSB -14
- Total: 130.5
- Moneyline: UCSB, Idaho State
Idaho State player stats
UCSB player stats
Idaho State stats
- The Bengals’ 63.3 points per game are just 4.5 fewer than the Gauchos give up.
- Idaho State is 2-1 when putting up more than 67.8 points.
- UCSB is +8.4 rebounds per game on the boards, but Idaho State is -2.9.
- This season the Gauchos average 10.7 offensive rebounds. That’s only 0.7 more than the Bengals.
- This season Idaho State is 2-3 when the team shoots higher than 40.2% from the field.
Betting on Idaho State
- The implied probability of a win by the Bengals based on the moneyline is 0.0%.
- In Idaho State’s ten games this year, it has five wins against the spread.
- The Bengals covered the spread in their only game when underdogs by 14 points or more.
- In 2020, games involving the Bengals had averaged a total of 130.0 points, 0.5 fewer than this game’s set over/under.