The No. 22 Xavier Musketeers (10-1, 0-0 Big East) welcome in the Marquette Golden Eagles (8-3, 0-0 Big East) after victories in eight home games in a row. It tips at 4:00 PM ET on Saturday, December 18, 2021.
In its previous game, Xavier won at home over Morehead State 86-63, with Jerome Hunter (15 PTS, 54.5 FG%, 2-4 from 3PT) and Colby Jones (14 PTS, 66.7 FG%) leading the way. Marquette fell to UCLA 67-56 at home in its last game. Greg Elliott (22 PTS, 58.3 FG%, 6-9 from 3PT) and Justin Lewis (12 PTS, 9 REB, 33.3 FG%) were its top performers.
The Golden Eagles knocked off the Musketeers 66-59 in the last meeting between the two teams on March 6, 2021. D.J Carton scored 16 points to lead the Golden Eagles, and Paul Scruggs scored 18 points for the Musketeers.
Matchup at a glance
- Game Day: Saturday, December 18, 2021
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Arena: Cintas Center
- Spread: Xavier -10.5
- Total: 148.5
- Moneyline: Xavier , Marquette
Marquette player stats
Xavier player stats
- The Golden Eagles are averaging 73.0 points, 12.6 more than the Musketeers concede.
- Marquette is 8-1 when putting up more than 60.4 points.
- Xavier is +9.9 in rebounds per game, but Marquette is -1.9.
- The Musketeers average 11.8 offensive boards, topping the Golden Eagles by 3.4 per contest.
- The Golden Eagles are shooting 43.1% from the field, 5.6% higher than the Musketeers concede.
- Marquette is 8-1 when the team shoots over 37.5% from the field.
Betting on Marquette
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 0.0% chance of a victory for the Golden Eagles.
- Against the spread, Marquette is 6-5-0 this season.
- The 148.5 total in this game is 8.0 points higher than the 140.5 average total in Golden Eagles games this season.