After three straight road wins, the Minnesota Golden Gophers (7-1, 0-1 Big Ten) travel to face the Michigan Wolverines (6-3, 1-0 Big Ten). It starts at 6:30 PM ET on Saturday, December 11, 2021.
In its most recent game, Michigan won on the road over Nebraska 102-67, with Terrance Williams II (22 PTS, 75.0 FG%, 3-3 from 3PT) and Brandon Johns Jr. (20 PTS, 66.7 FG%, 2-3 from 3PT) leading the way. Minnesota won at home over Michigan State 67-75 last time out, led by Eric Curry (18 PTS, 64.3 FG%) and Jamison Battle (17 PTS, 8 REB, 2 BLK, 35.7 FG%, 3-8 from 3PT).
The Golden Gophers knocked off the Wolverines 75-57 in the last meeting between the teams on January 16, 2021. Liam Robbins scored 22 points to pace the Golden Gophers, and Chaundee Brown scored 14 points for the Wolverines.
Matchup at a glance
- Game Day: Saturday, December 11, 2021
- Game Time: 6:30 PM ET
- Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Arena: Crisler Center
- Spread: Michigan -14.5
- Total: 134
- Moneyline: Michigan -1452, Minnesota +798
Minnesota player stats
Michigan player stats
|Terrance Williams II||9||7.0||3.4||0.7||0.1||0.0||0.9|
- The Golden Gophers scored 5.9 more points per game (70.8) than the Wolverines concede (64.9).
- When scoring over 64.9 points, Minnesota is 5-1.
- Michigan outrebounds opponents by 7.1 per game, but Minnesota is -6.3 on the boards.
- The Wolverines average 10.8 offensive boards, topping the Golden Gophers by 5.0 per contest.
- The Golden Gophers shoot 44.9% from the field, 5.9% higher than the Wolverines allow.
- Minnesota is 6-1 when shooting higher than 39.0% from the field.
Betting on Minnesota
- The implied probability of the Golden Gophers winning based on the moneyline is 11.1%.
- Minnesota has five wins against the spread in eight games this season.
- This season, the 132.4 PPG average total in Golden Gophers games is 1.6 points fewer than this game’s over/under.