The Minnesota Golden Gophers (7-0, 0-0 Big Ten) aim to continue a four-game home winning stretch when hosting the No. 19 Michigan State Spartans (7-2, 0-0 Big Ten) on Wednesday, December 8, 2021 at 9:00 PM ET.
In its most recent game, Michigan State were winners at home over Toledo, 81-68. Its top scorers were Max Christie (14 PTS, 2 BLK, 28.6 FG%, 2-7 from 3PT) and Gabe Brown (12 PTS, 35.7 FG%, 2-7 from 3PT). Minnesota were winners on the road over Mississippi State 81-76 last time out, and were led by Payton Willis (24 PTS, 7 AST, 2 STL, 53.3 FG%, 4-8 from 3PT) and Jamison Battle (20 PTS, 57.1 FG%, 4-8 from 3PT).
In their last meeting, the Golden Gophers defeated the Spartans 81-56. Aaron Henry led the Spartans with 11 points, and Marcus Carr paced the Golden Gophers with 19.
Matchup at a glance
- Game Day: Wednesday, December 8, 2021
- Game Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Arena: Williams Arena
- Spread: Michigan State -5.5
- Total: 133
- Moneyline: Michigan State -226, Minnesota +184
Minnesota player stats
Michigan State player stats
- The Golden Gophers put up 7.7 more points per game (71.3) than the Spartans give up (63.6).
- Minnesota is 5-0 when posting over 63.6 points.
- On the boards, Michigan State is +7.4 rebounds per game, but Minnesota is -5.2.
- The Spartans collect 11.6 offensive rebounds per game, 6.3 more than the Golden Gophers.
- The Golden Gophers’ 45.7 shooting percentage from the field is 8.0 higher than the Spartans have conceded.
- This season Minnesota is 6-0 when the team shoots above 37.7% from the field.
Betting on Minnesota
- The Golden Gophers have a 35.2% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- In Minnesota’s seven games this year, it has four wins against the spread.
- The Golden Gophers covered the spread in their only game when underdogs by 5.5 points or more.
- The 133 total in this game is 0.9 points higher than the 132.1 average total in Golden Gophers games this season.