The Texas A&M-CC Islanders (9-1) hope to continue a three-game road-winning run when squaring off versus the Minnesota Golden Gophers (8-1) on Tuesday, December 14, 2021, at Williams Arena, airing at 8:00 PM ET.
Minnesota defeated Michigan 75-65 on the road in its most recent game. Its top scorers were Jamison Battle (27 PTS, 7 REB, 55.6 FG%) and Payton Willis (17 PTS, 53.8 FG%, 2-6 from 3PT). In its most recent game, Texas A&M-CC won on the road over Omaha, 87-73. Its top performers were Terrion Murdix (19 PTS, 75.0 FG%) and Trevian Tennyson (18 PTS, 41.7 FG%, 2-5 from 3PT).
Matchup at a glance
- Game Day: Tuesday, December 14, 2021
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Arena: Williams Arena
- Spread: Minnesota -17.5
- Total: 139.5
- Moneyline: Minnesota, Texas A&M-CC
Minnesota player stats
Texas A&M-CC player stats
- The Golden Gophers are averaging 71.2 points, just 2.6 more than the 68.6 the Islanders concede.
- When Minnesota scores more than 68.6, it has a 6-0 record.
- The Golden Gophers and Islanders rebound at around the same rate, with the Golden Gophers averaging 4.6 fewer rebounds per game.
- Texas A&M-CC is 6-1 overall when tops in terms of rebounding. Minnesota is 5-1 when it comes up short on the glass.
- The Golden Gophers make 45.6% of their shots from the field, 3.2% higher than the Islanders allow to opponents (42.4%).
- Minnesota has a 6-0 straight-up record when shooting better than 42.4% from the field.
Betting on Minnesota
- The Golden Gophers have a 0.0% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Minnesota’s nine games this year include six wins against the spread.
- The Golden Gophers and their opponents score an average of 132.7 points per game, 6.8 fewer than Tuesday’s total.