The Minnesota Golden Gophers are the favourites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -4) in their Guaranteed Rate Bowl matchup versus the West Virginia Mountaineers. The predicted point total for the matchup is 44.
|Favourite||Spread||Favourite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from 888Sports as of December 12, 2021, 12 AM ET.
- Game Day: Tuesday, December 28, 2021
- Game Time: 10:15 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
Golden Gophers Player Insights
- Tanner Morgan has thrown for 1,935 yards (161.3 ypg) to lead Minnesota, completing 59.7% of his passes and collecting ten touchdown passes and eight interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Ky Thomas, has carried the ball 145 times for 680 yards (85.0 per game), with five touchdowns this year.
- Mar’Keise Irving has piled up 566 yards (51.5 per game) on 113 carries with four touchdowns this season.
- Chris Autman-Bell’s 490 receiving yards (49.0 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s registered 35 receptions and six touchdowns.
- Michael Brown-Stephens has totalled 387 receiving yards (43.0 yards per game) and one touchdown, hauling in 22 passes this year.
- Dylan Wright’s 16 grabs are good enough for 307 yards (38.4 ypg) and two touchdowns.
Golden Gophers Team Stats
- The Mountaineers’ defence allowed 24.3 points per game this season. That’s close to the same as the 26.1 the Golden Gophers scored.
- Minnesota is 6-1 overall when scoring more than 24.3 points this year.
- The Mountaineers, on average, score 8.5 more points (26.8) than the Golden Gophers allow (18.3).
- Minnesota is 8-2 this year in games where they allow less than 26.8 points.
- This season, the Golden Gophers offense has averaged 361.3 yards per game, within 11.9 yards of the 349.4 the Mountaineers defense has allowed.
Golden Gophers Betting Insights
- Minnesota has covered the spread eight times over 12 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 4-point favourites or more, the Golden Gophers have an ATS 3-3 record.
- Minnesota’s games have exceeded the total six times this season.
- This season, Minnesota has won seven games against the spread in conference play while failing to cover twice.
- Four points or more have favoured the Golden Gophers four times in Big Ten play this season and covered the spread in three of those matchups.
- Last game, the Golden Gophers beat the Wisconsin Badgers by 23-13. The Golden Gophers covered the spread as 7-point underdogs.
- The two teams combined to hit the under on the 39.5-point over/under.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from