The Portland Pilots (8-3) go up against the Oregon Ducks (5-5) on Wednesday, December 15, 2021, at Matthew Knight Arena. It starts at 9:00 PM ET.
In its most recent game, Oregon lost to Stanford, 72-69. Its top performers were Quincy Guerrier (18 PTS, 9 REB, 2 STL, 55.6 FG%, 2-2 from 3PT) and Will Richardson (15 PTS, 38.5 FG%, 4-8 from 3PT). In its previous game, Portland defeated Cal Poly 78-77 at home, with Kristian Sjolund (20 PTS, 54.5 FG%, 5-10 from 3PT) and Tyler Robertson (16 PTS, 7 AST, 2 STL, 27.3 FG%, 2-7 from 3PT) the standout performers.
In their last meeting, the Ducks defeated the Pilots 80-41. Chris Duarte led the Ducks with 21 points, and Chase Adams paced the Pilots with 9.
Matchup at a glance
- Game Day: Wednesday, December 15, 2021
- Game Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Location: Eugene, Oregon
- Arena: Matthew Knight Arena
- Spread: Oregon -18
- Total: 140.5
- Moneyline: Oregon, Portland
Oregon player stats
Portland player stats
- The Ducks are averaging 68.4 points, just 2.1 fewer than the 70.5 the Pilots allow.
- When Oregon scores more than 70.5, it has a 5-0 record.
- The Ducks and Pilots rebound at about the same rate, with the Ducks averaging 3.8 fewer rebounds per game.
- Portland is 7-0 overall when it finishes with more rebounds. Oregon is 1-4 when falling short on the boards.
- The Ducks are shooting 44.7% from the field, 4.4% higher than the Pilots concede defensively.
- In games, when Oregon shoots higher than 40.3% from the field, it is 4-2 overall.
Betting on Oregon
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Ducks’ implied win probability is 0.0%.
- Oregon has four wins against the spread in ten games this season
- The Ducks were favoured by 18 points or more twice this season. They have not covered the spread in either.
- The season’s average total in Ducks games is 135.0. That’s 5.5 points fewer than Wednesday’s over/under of 140.5.
- The Pilots put up 12.1 more points per game (77.3) than the Ducks give up (65.2).
- When scoring over 65.2 points, Portland is 7-2.
- Oregon is +2.2 in rebounds per game, and Portland is +2.8.
- The Ducks average 9.8 offensive boards, 1.0 more than the Pilots.
- The Pilots shoot 44.9% from the field, the same as the Ducks concede.
- Portland is 3-0 straight up when shooting over 44.9% from the field.
Betting on Portland
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 0.0% chance of a victory for the Pilots.
- Portland is 5-4-1 against the spread this season.
- The Pilots covered the spread in their only game when underdogs by 18 points or more.
- In 2020, Pilots games averaged 145.1 points, 4.6 more than this contest’s set over/under.