The Portland State Vikings (3-7, 1-1 Big Sky) aim to end a four-game losing streak when hosting the Eastern Washington Eagles (6-6, 0-1 Big Sky) at 10:00 PM ET on Thursday, December 30, 2021, at Viking Pavilion.
In its previous game, Portland State fell on the road to Utah State 81-62, with Paris Dawson (13 PTS, 50.0 FG%, 2-5 from 3PT) and Khalid Thomas (13 PTS, 45.5 FG%, 2-7 from 3PT) leading the way. In its previous game, Eastern Washington lost on the road to Texas Tech 78-46, with Rylan Bergersen (10 PTS, 20.0 FG%) and Linton Acliese III (9 PTS, 60.0 FG%) the standout performers.
Matchup at a glance
- Game Day: Thursday, December 30, 2021
- Game Time: 10:00 PM ET
- Location: Portland, Oregon
- Arena: Viking Pavilion
- Spread: Portland State -2
- Total: 145
- Moneyline: Portland State, Eastern Washington
Portland State player stats
|Michael Carter III||10||8.6||2.7||2.6||1.2||0.4||0.8|
Eastern Washington player stats
|Linton Acliese III||9||14.3||6.8||0.9||0.3||0.6||1.1|
Portland State stats
- The 69.1 points the Vikings average are the same as the Eagles give up.
- When Portland State scores more than 73.8, it has a 2-0 record.
- The Vikings and Eagles rebound at about the same rate, with the Vikings collecting 1.2 more boards per game.
- Portland State is 3-2 overall when tops in terms of rebounding. Eastern Washington is 2-4 when coming up short on the glass.
- The Vikings make 39.2% of their shots from the field, 2.5% lower than the Eagles concede to opponents (41.7%).
- Portland State is 2-0 when shooting better than 41.7% from the field.
Betting on Portland State
- The Vikings have a 0.0% chance to win this matchup based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Portland State has played ten games, with four wins against the spread.
- This season, the Vikings are winless ATS when entering a game as a favourite of 2 points or more (in three chances).
- Vikings games have an average of 139.5 points this season, 5.5 fewer than Thursday’s over/under.