The Quinnipiac Bobcats (6-4, 1-1 MAAC) will attempt to extend a three-game winning streak when hosting the Niagara Purple Eagles (5-6, 0-2 MAAC) on Friday, December 31, 2021, at People’s United Center. This contest is at 2:00 PM ET.
In its previous game, Quinnipiac lost at home to Brown, 72-61. Its top scorers were Jacob Rigoni (15 PTS, 2 STL, 41.7 FG%, 4-8 from 3PT) and Kevin Marfo (10 PTS, 10 REB, 40 FG%). In its most recent game, Niagara lost on the road to Eastern Michigan 60-58, with Marcus Hammond (17 PTS, 2 STL, 41.7 FG%, 3-8 from 3PT) and Greg Kuakumensah (13 PTS, 80 FG%) leading the way.
Brendan McGuire scored a team-high 19 points to lead the Bobcats over Hammond (22 points) and the Purple Eagles 78-69 in their most recent matchup on January 23, 2021.
Matchup at a glance
- Game Day: Friday, December 31, 2021
- Game Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Location: Hamden, Connecticut
- Arena: People’s United Center
- Spread: Quinnipiac -1.5
- Total: 134
- Moneyline: Quinnipiac, Niagara
Quinnipiac player stats
Niagara player stats
- The 74.8 points the Bobcats average is 10.9 more than the Purple Eagles allow.
- Quinnipiac is 6-2 when putting more than 63.9 points on the board.
- The Bobcats and Purple Eagles rebound at about the same rate, with the Bobcats pulling down 1.7 more boards per game.
- When Quinnipiac has the rebounding advantage, it is 1-4. When recording fewer boards, Niagara is 3-2.
- The Bobcats make 44.4% of their shots from the field, 3.6% higher than the Purple Eagles concede to opponents (40.8%).
- Quinnipiac has a 6-1 straight-up record when shooting higher than 40.8% from the field.
Betting on Quinnipiac
- The implied moneyline probability in this matchup gives the Bobcats a 0.0% chance to win.
- Quinnipiac has played ten games, with five wins against the spread.
- This season, the Bobcats have just one against the spread win in three games as a favourite of 1.5 points or more.
- The Bobcats and their opponents have scored an average of 138.1 points per game in 2021, 4.1 more than Friday’s total.