The UConn Huskies (9-3, 0-1 Big East) are on the road in Big East play versus the Marquette Golden Eagles (8-4, 0-1 Big East) on Tuesday, December 21, 2021, at 9:00 PM ET.
UConn fell to Providence 57-53 at home in its previous game, with R.J. Cole (16 PTS, 8 AST, 26.3 FG%, 3-9 from 3PT) and Tyrese Martin (15 PTS 42.9 FG%) the standout performers. Marquette fell to Xavier 80-71 on the road last time out, led by Greg Elliott (18 PTS, 60.0 FG%, 2-5 from 3PT) and Justin Lewis (15 PTS, 7 REB, 33.3 FG%).
In the last meeting between the two teams, the Huskies defeated the Golden Eagles 80-62 on February 27, 2021. James Bouknight scored 24 points to pace the Huskies, and Dawson Garcia scored 18 points for the Golden Eagles.
Matchup at a glance
- Game Day: Tuesday, December 21, 2021
- Game Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Arena: Fiserv Forum
- Spread: UConn -2.5
- Total: 142
- Moneyline: UConn , Marquette
UConn player stats
Marquette player stats
- The Huskies are averaging 79.4 points, 9.0 more than the Golden Eagles give up.
- UConn is 8-0 when putting more than 70.4 points on the board.
- The Huskies collect 42.9 rebounds per game, besting the Golden Eagles by 5.7 boards per contest.
- UConn is 8-2 overall when it finishes with more rebounds. Marquette is 4-4 when it falls short on the boards.
- The Huskies are making 43.4% of their shots from the field, 2.0% higher than the Golden Eagles allow to opponents (41.4%).
- UConn has an 8-0 straight-up record when shooting higher than 41.4% from the field.
Betting on UConn
- The Huskies have an implied moneyline win probability of 0.0% in this matchup.
- UConn is 7-5-0 against the spread this year.
- The Huskies are 6-5 ATS when favoured by 2.5 points or more this season.
- This season’s average total in Huskies games is 138.4, 3.6 points fewer than Tuesday’s total of 142.