The Illinois State Redbirds (8-5) will look to build on a four-game winning streak when hitting the road against the No. 24 Wisconsin Badgers (9-2) on Wednesday, December 29, 2021, at Kohl Center. It airs at 8:00 PM ET on B1G+.
In its previous game, Wisconsin were winners at home over Nicholls State 71-68, with Brad Davison (19 PTS, 41.7 FG%, 4-9 from 3PT) and Tyler Wahl (12 PTS, 50.0 FG%) leading the way. Illinois State defeated UTSA 81-64 at home in its most recent game, with Antonio Reeves (21 PTS, 10 REB, 64.3 FG%, 3-7 from 3PT) and Sy Chatman (17 PTS, 72.7 FG%) the standout performers.
Matchup at a glance
- Game Day: Wednesday, December 29, 2021
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: B1G+
- Location: Madison, Wisconsin
- Arena: Kohl Center
- Spread: Wisconsin -17
- Total: 137
- Moneyline: Wisconsin, Illinois State
Wisconsin player stats
Illinois State player stats
- The 68.6 points the Badgers average are 8.2 fewer than the Redbirds concede.
- Wisconsin has a 2-0 record when it scores more than 76.8.
- The Badgers and Redbirds rebound at around the same rate, with the Badgers averaging 1.0 fewer rebounds per game.
- When Illinois State has a rebounding advantage, it is 5-1. When recording fewer boards, Wisconsin is 4-2.
- The Badgers shot 40.2% from the field, 2.2% lower than the Redbirds concede defensively.
- Wisconsin has a 5-0 straight-up record when shooting higher than 42.4% from the field.
Betting on Wisconsin
- The Badgers have a 0.0% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Wisconsin has eight wins against the spread in 11 games this season.
- This season, the Badgers have just one ATS win in three games as a favourite of 17 points or more.
- The Badgers and their opponents score an average of 129.8 points per game, 7.2 fewer than Wednesday’s total.