The Nicholls State Colonels (7-3) will attempt to continue a three-game winning streak when hitting the road against the Wisconsin Badgers (8-2) at Kohl’s Center on Wednesday, December 15, 2021. It airs at 8:00 PM ET.
Wisconsin fell on the road to Ohio State 73-55 last time out, led by Jonathan Davis (24 PTS, 7 REB, 3 STL, 50.0 FG%, 2-7 from 3PT) and Brad Davison (13 PTS, 33.3 FG%, 3-6 from 3PT). In its most recent game, Nicholls State defeated Mississippi Valley State 95-80 on the road, with Ty Gordon (28 PTS, 2 STL, 62.5 FG%, 6-10 from 3PT) and Jitaurious Gordon (28 PTS, 2 STL, 62.5 FG%, 6-10 from 3PT) the standout performers.
Matchup at a glance
- Game Day: Wednesday, December 15, 2021
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Location: Madison, Wisconsin
- Arena: Kohl Center
- Spread: Wisconsin -19.5
- Total: 136.5
Wisconsin player stats
Nicholls State player stats
- The 68.4 points the Badgers average are just 2.5 more than the Colonels concede.
- When Wisconsin scores more than 65.9, it has a 5-0 record.
- The Badgers and Colonels rebound at about the same rate, with the Badgers averaging 3.0 fewer rebounds per game.
- Nicholls State is 5-1 overall when tops in the boards. Wisconsin is 3-2 when it comes up short on the glass.
- The Badgers are shooting 39.9% from the field, only 1.3% lower than the Colonels concede defensively.
- In games, when Wisconsin shoots better than 41.2% from the field, it is 4-0 overall.
Betting on Wisconsin
- Against the spread, Wisconsin is 8-2-0 this year.
- The Badgers have covered the spread once this season when favoured by 19.5 points or more (in two chances).
- This season’s average total in Badgers games is 129.4, 7.1 points fewer than Wednesday’s over/under of 136.5.