Comparing the best online casino bonuses
Here are the new player welcome bonuses at some of Ontario’s top online casinos:
|Online Casino||Bonus Offer||Promo Code||Wagering Requirement
|BetMGM Casino||$25 join bonus and a 100% deposit match bonus up to $1,000||TBD||15x bonus amount
|DraftKings Caisno||$60 free at sign-up; 100% deposit match up to $2,000 and an additional $25 on deposit||None - Use Links||15x for deposit match
|FanDuel||Risk-free first day up to $1,000||None - Use Links||Inherent 1X playthrough requirement
|Golden Nugget||$10 in bonus cash, 200 free spins and a 100% deposit match bonus up to $1,500||PLAYBONUS||10x playthrough requirement on deposit match
|Stars||Bet $1, get $50 in bonus funds||None - Use Links||$1 released per two redemption points earned at different rates
|Caesars||100% deposit bonus up to $2,000||FREECZR||5x on slots, 10x on video poker, 25x on all other games
How to clear a bonus
As you can see from the table above, you can’t just take the bonus money that online casinos offer you and withdraw it. There are wagering requirements to consider. In other words, you have to gamble with the bonus money first. How many times you have to gamble is up to the individual bonus, but it ranges from once to up to 25 times. Of course, that pales in comparison to certain offshore casinos, which may have up to 50-time wagering requirements that are near impossible to clear.
So, how do you meet the wagering requirements and clear the bonuses that legal and licensed Ontario online casinos offer you? Start with understanding what those playthrough requirements are for the bonus you’re after. If you’re lucky, it’ll be just one time. That means all you have to do is play your favourite games, running through the amount of the bonus one time. After that, anything you win is yours to keep.
If the wagering requirement is more than once, the online casino may keep your bonus in a separate account from the money you deposited. In that case, bet with your deposited funds the required number of times to release the bonus. Often, the online casino will release the bonus in increments, so even if you can’t get it all, you’ll get some. Of course, some wagering requirements may be different for different games. Just read the fine print to make sure you understand exactly what you need to do.
What are the most popular games at Ontario casinos?
Slots form the majority of games at any casino, online and live. But while the online casinos in Ontario have an abundance of real money slot games, they also have a selection of online table games that are exact replicas of, or at the very least based on, traditional casino classics. Here are some popular categories:
- Blackjack: The top card game at every casino, with dozens of online blackjack versions available, from live dealer to single-deck blackjack.
- Casino poker: Poker as a casino table game — you play against the dealer online and have the chance to win big bonuses with the right hand.
- Baccarat: Popular low-volatility card game that plays the same online as it does live.
- Craps: A great learning tool online, but lacks the excitement and social nature of the live dice game.
- Slots: Plenty of games you might recognize from your favourite local casino, and more that are exclusively available online.
- Roulette: Popular luck-based game. There are a variety of roulette games available online, from live dealer to double-ball.
- Video poker: Still popular after all these years, this low volatility card game translates perfectly online.
- Live casino games: Online and live casino hybrid versions of the most popular casino table games.
- Scratch-offs: If traditional scratch-offs and online slots had a baby, it would look like these lottery-style games do online.