The Rideau Carleton Casino in Gloucester in Ontario is undergoing a major renovation. It would become another location for the famous Hard Rock Casino brand. This casino is part of the Rideau Carlton Raceway, which has hosted horse racing since the 1960s. Head to the casino on a Sunday and a Thursday throughout the season and you can enjoy live horse racing. Restaurants and entertainment ensure that there are reasons to visit this venue on non-racing days too.
On the casino floor, you will find more than 1,200 slots. Table games fans can enjoy more than 35 tables with a range of games that includes classics like roulette, blackjack, craps, and casino poker games. Wager on the live harness racing at the track, as well as simulcast racing throughout the year. Rideau Casino also has a small poker room, with five tables covering both cash games and tournament action.
On this page, you find out all you need to know about the Rideau Carleton/Hard Rock casino before a visit. First, there is a brief history of the casino and the racetrack, followed by a detailed look at all the gaming options. Next up, the ‘Rock Star Rewards’ program is explained, along with all of the benefits. The guide ends by looking at the entertainment and the dining options.
Rideau Carleton Casino/Hard Rock Casino
- Address: 4837 Albion Road, Ottawa, Ontario, K1X 1A3
- Owner: Hard Rock Cafe Inc.
- Operator: Hard Rock Cafe Inc.
- Hours of operation: Open 24 hours a day.
- Casino games: 1,200+ slots and 35 table games.
- Sportsbook: n/a
- Poker room: 5 tables featuring both cash game and tournament play.
Canadian Casinos in the News
History of the Rideau Carleton Casino
The Rideau Carleton Raceway opened its doors in 1962 and is a specialist Standardbred harness racing track. Despite going into receivership at the end of its very first year due to the track being plagued by bad weather, the venue would become a success. It celebrated 50 years in 2012. In 2000, casino gambling came to the track when slot gaming was introduced — under the authority of the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation.
The site was taken over by the Hard Rock Cafe Inc. in 2017 and a major renovation is now underway ahead of the casino re-launch.
Casino games at Rideau Carleton Casino
There is a huge selection of games available at this casino — with 1,200 slots and electronic gaming options. A series of Lock it Link games are featured. They feature innovative bonus games where you link special symbols to win cash and progressive jackpot slots. These newer slot games make a change from slot machines from IGT, Aristocrat and Bally. The Quick Hit range are also featured. This classic series of titles share ways to win big by hitting up to nine special symbols.
This list shows some of the popular slots currently featured at the Rideau/Hard Rock Casino:
- Zeus Unleashed
- Black Gold Wild
- Quick Hit Jungle
- 777 Double Jackpot
- Lock it Link Diamonds
- Bonus Times
- Lock it Link Night Life
- Double Blessings
- Wilds Wilds Ablaze
- Triple Lucky Four Leaf Clover
There are 35 live casino games, featuring the following range of games with minimum bets at $5 through to high-limit options:
- Mississippi Stud Poker
- Mini Baccarat
- Ultimate Texas Hold’em
- Three Card Poker
- Pai Gow Poker
Head to the back of the casino near the Rendez-Vous bar and you will find the new ‘Pulse Arena’. This involves electronic table games, with special visual and sound effects. These games involve a live dealer, plus a 30-foot video wall and electronic betting terminals.
You also have the chance to win the large table games progressive jackpot which can be yours when you play at the Ultimate Texas Hold ‘Em Poker, Mississippi Stud Poker and Three Card Poker tables. This jackpot can reach hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Horse race betting at Rideau Carleton Raceway
Live racing takes place every Thursday at 4 p.m. and every Sunday at 6:30 p.m. throughout the season, which runs through February to December. You can enjoy a range of parimutuel-style bets. They include the classic win, place, and show wagers — or the exotic exacta, trifecta and superfecta wagers. Also, you can enjoy live streaming of races from across Canada, the U.S., and around the world.
Rideau Carleton Casino poker room
The poker room at the Hard Rock Casino features five tables and shows live sports action on flat-screen televisions around the room. This smaller poker room is open 24 hours a day from Friday to Monday and from midday through to 4 a.m. the rest of the week. Players can enjoy both no limit and limit Texas Hold’em cash games, with blinds starting at $1/$2. Players can also take part in regular tournaments.
Rock Star Rewards loyalty scheme
The loyalty scheme at the casino is known as ‘Rock Star Rewards’, the loyalty scheme in place across many of the Hard Rock venues. Every time you play at the casino you earn loyalty points. These are earned at 1 point for every $3 coin-in on slots and every $6 coin-in at a video poker game. You will also earn 1 point for every $1 you spend in a retail outlet. Earn 100 points and you can enjoy a $1 credit towards food, beverages, and at the Rock Shop. 200 points will award you with $1 of free slot play.
As well as the instant credit awards, there are many other benefits available, based on which level of the scheme you are at. There are four levels in all — Rock Star, Hall of Fame, Legend, and Icon. You move through these levels based on the number of points earned you earn. Here is a look at some of the further benefits of the scheme:
- Redeem self comp points at the casino, food and beverage outlets, and for tickets to events (all levels)
- Preferred pricing on the Ottawa Senators games in the NHL (all levels)
- Points multiplier promotions and bounce back free play/match play offers (all levels)
- Receive additional entries on select promotions (Hall of Fame and above)
- Invitations to special events (Hall of Fame and above)
- Free Racing Program and priority lines at clubhouse and players club (Legend and above)
- High Limit Area Plum Lounge Access with a companion (Icon level)
- Access to a casino host (Icon level)
- Membership Status and Renewal Party and Gift (Icon level)
Always be on the look-out for further promotions at the casino, many are linked to the Rock Star Rewards scheme. Sign up in person at the casino or sign up online and you could be in line for a special instant win of up to $500 in cash.
Dining at Rideau Carleton Raceway Casino
There are five dining venues at the casino, covering everything from fine dining to quick bites – here is a look at each:
- Clubhouse: Featuring both lunch and dinner menus, this restaurant overlooks the racetrack. The dinner menu features a la carte dining and a delicious range of decadent desserts. Reservations are recommended.
- Caffe Italiano: Enjoy traditional Italian dishes as you have never experienced, featuring locally sourced ingredients and products imported directly from Italy. Italian wines and cocktails only add to the authentic feel.
- YouYu Noodle Bar: The noodle bar is in the high limit games area and offers freshly made noodles and savory broths inspired by Asian street food. ice wraps, fried wontons, and BBQ specialties can also be enjoyed, all prepared by authentic Asian chefs.
- Constant Grind: A coffeehouse that specializes in assorted coffees and espresso drinks, quick snacks, and freshly baked pastries. This part coffeehouse and part restaurant also serve grilled paninis, hot dogs, pizza, and build-your-own-sandwiches.
- Rendez-Vous: The Rendez-Vous lounge is the place to ‘see and be seen’ at the casino. The cocktail menu features a mix of both local favourites and premium spirits.
All Ontario Casino Reviews
- Caesars Windsor Hotel & Casino
- Cascades Casino Chatham
- Casino Ajax and Racing
- Casino Niagara
- Casino Rama Resort
- Casino Woodbine Ontario
- Elements Casino & Raceway Grand River
- Elements Casino Brantford
- Elements Casino Mohawk
- Fallsview Casino Resort
- Gateway Casino Woodstock
- Gateway Casinos Clinton
- Gateway Casinos Innisfil and Racing
- Gateway Casinos London
- Gateway Casinos Sarnia – Racino Review
- Gateway Casinos Sault Ste. Marie
- Gateway Casinos Thunder Bay
- Hanover Casino
- Ontario Online Casinos
- Shorelines Casino Belleville
- Shorelines Casino Thousand Islands
- Slots At Kawartha Downs
In summary – how does the Rideau Carlton Casino compare?
There are exciting times ahead for visitors to the Rideau Carleton Raceway Casino located at Albion Road in Gloucester, Ontario. Major upgrades are taking place in the transition to becoming the Hard Rock Ottawa Casino, ensuring this already popular casino will only get better.
Visitors can enjoy an incredible range of slots, offering a potentially huge bonus and jackpot wins across many of their linked machines. Head into the table games section and all the most popular games are covered, with life-changing jackpots to be won at many tables. The five-table poker room offers both cash and tournament play throughout the week. Head to the casino on Thursdays and Sundays and you can take in the live racing at the track and cheer your selections home. Check out one of the five eating and drinking venues at the casino after a day of gaming. And earn and redeem reward points throughout your time at the Rideau Carlton Casino/Hard Rock Casino as you play.