History of the Living Sky Casino
The history of this casino began when SIGA commissioned Tulsa/Las Vegas architects Thalden/Boyd to design the casino with a Native American feel. The resulting casino venue opened on December 29, 2008 at a total cost of $35 million.
Located on the Trans-Canada highway, this casino was built to offer excellent accessibility to the millions of motorists who travel that route every year.
Today, Living Sky is one of seven casinos owned and operated by SIGA and employs more than 200 staff from the local community. The SIGA mandate states that they aim to “create employment for First Nation people; generate positive revenues for First Nations; and partner on economic development projects that benefit our shareholders and communities.”
Slots at the Living Sky Casino
There are more than 200 slots to enjoy on the casino floor at Living Sky Casino in Swift Current. The games start with denominations as low as just a penny per line – with far bigger bets also available.
There are two eye-catching progressive jackpots available at Living Sky. The ‘Raider Nation’ and ‘Smoke Signals’ prizes are available at all the Saskatchewan casinos operated by the SIGA Group.
- Raider Nation: This progressive is seeded at $50,000 and it is guaranteed to pay out to one lucky winner before the time the progressive reaches $100,000. There are four mystery jackpots available when playing for the Rider Nation progressive prize.
- Smoke Signals: The second of the jackpot prizes is the biggest – making winners into instant millionaires. This prize pool is seeded at $1 million, and it keeps growing from there. The smoke signals prize is guaranteed to pay out before it hits $2 million.
Other high paying games at the casino include Zeus, Twice Your Monkey, and Montezuma. Many titles have their jackpots. These can be shared between several titles in the same range, or specific to a single game.
SIGA has a focus on offering the best in slot gaming across their casinos. They make sure that the selection of slots includes the newest and most entertaining games available. New games rolled out across the SIGA casinos in recent months include The Walking Dead II, Wild Fury, Savage Eyes, Ocean Magic, Legends of Change, Majestic Gorilla, and many, many more.
Electronic table games at The Circuit
There are no regular dealt table games at Living Sky. If you want to enjoy table game action, then you need to go electronic. ‘The Circuit’ uses a dealer, alongside electronic gaming with a lively theme. Blackjack, baccarat, three card poker, and roulette can all be enjoyed with low minimum stakes at $2 and up.
Here is a look at each of the four games available when joining The Circuit:
- Roulette: Enjoy the classic game where you can bet on your favourite number, red or black, columns, and more. This is an electronic version of the game, where you drag and drop chips using an electronic screen. Roulette prizes are automatically awarded when the ball lands.
- Blackjack: Hit or stand your way to getting as close to 21 as possible without going over – or have a live hand when the dealer busts to win. The Circuit offers an exciting way of playing this casino favourite, with side bets and bigger prizes if you hit a 2-card 21.
- Baccarat: Can you beat the banker in this traditional casino game given an electronic makeover. Baccarat is a game that is becoming increasingly popular at casinos, thanks to the low house edge and simple gameplay.
- Three Card Poker: This fast-paced game casino poker variant sees both you and the dealer dealt three cards each and the hands compared. Also, there are side bet opportunities, with odds of up to 100/1 if you hit a mini royal flush. The Pair+ side bet adds instant prizes based on your own 3 cards.
Players Club loyalty program
The loyalty scheme at the casino is called the ‘Players Club’, this is shared between all the SIGA casinos in Saskatchewan. This scheme works by tracking your play via a card. You then get rewards and free play based on how much and how often you gamble. There is an immediate benefit — on signing up you receive an instant free $10 to play on the slots. As you gamble you earn loyalty points. For every $1 you wager you will get 1 loyalty point, and every time you reach 5,000 points you can exchange them for $5 to play with.
In addition to the free play, there are many other bonuses available for being part of this scheme. For example, you can be entered into members-only draws and promotions, and gain access to the Rewards Centre for special offers. You can also get discounts when eating at the casino, additional hospitality rewards at preferred hotels, and access to pre-sales and discounts for entertainment events.
Many of the promotions offered by the casino are built around the loyalty scheme. It certainly pays to sign up, even if it is a one-time visit.
- Triple Points: Play at the casino on a Monday or a Tuesday before 3 p.m., and you will accumulate loyalty points at 3x the usual rate.
- Mystery Bonus: When playing on a Wednesday you can win the chance to enter a prize draw for a mystery hourly prize by earning just 10 points. The mystery prize can pay as much as $150 in cash.
- Off to the Races: Earn 100 points each hour on Sunday between 5 p.m. and 10 p.m., and you will be able to pick a horse in this promotion. If your chosen selection wins, you win a share of the pot with the other successful entrants.
- Happy Birthday Rewards: If you play at the casino during your birthday month, simply use your Players Club card at any slot and be given a spin of the new birthday wheel. Win slot plays or bonus loyalty points.
Other seasonal promotions take place at the casino. And the good news is that the scheme and all the promotions listed above are available across all the SIGA casinos. The scheme works between the venues, meaning you can earn points at one casino and redeem them at another.
Living Sky Casino restaurants & dining
There are three different eating options at the Living Sky Casino:
- Horizons Restaurant: This restaurant is open daily from 5pm through to 9pm. A look at the menu tells you that you can enjoy classic meals such as fish and chips, steak and eggs, and a Caesar salad. Look out for the signature Siga Burger and the Horizon’s Club Sandwich.
- Charley Biggs Chicken: Enjoy fried chicken at the casino from 11am till midnight daily. On the menu are chicken combos and chicken finger combos, along with potato salad and potato wedges as sides.
- The Deli: This is also open from 11 a.m. till midnight daily and here you can pick up snacks such as sandwiches, hot dogs, dry ribs, stir fry/noodle bowl, and more.
Other Casinos in Saskatchewan
In summary – How does Living Sky Casino compare?
This SIGA owned casino is an ideal location for both Saskatchewan locals and those stopping off in the middle of a long drive. The highlight of the Living Sky Casino is the quality selection of more than 200 slots. There are some of the newest titles, classic slots, those that cost just a penny per line to play, and those standout progressive jackpot games. Alongside the slots is The Circuit, which makes for the ideal way to enjoy casino table games – in a high-tech electronic system. The food at the Horizons Restaurant is perfect after a day at the casino – there are also fast-food options.