Golden Wolves by Konami delivers a wintery and majestic setting to players, but there’s nothing frigid about its gameplay and features. When you play, you enter a mythical world of nature and riches.
The Golden Wolves online slot delivers a world of northern wildlife with spiritual overtones, including the impressive lupus predators themselves. Moonlight glittering on a snowy forest backdrop will make you feel like you’ve escaped to a spirit world where wolves rule your fortune. To learn more about how Golden Wolves works, let’s talk about this wintery world that Konami has created.
What will you play next?
Best features on the Golden Wolves slot
Golden Wolves offers a few special features, including:
- Stunning visual graphics: A wintery setting with mythical creatures transports you to a spiritual forest
- Free games feature: Win up to 20 free games with a single spin
- Big payout potential: Golden Wolves offers the chance to win up to a 10,000x payout
How to play Golden Wolves slot online for free or real money
Golden Wolves features over 30 pay-lines you can win from. Play the free demo on our site if you’re just looking for fun or a test run, or try the paid version to bet real money. For additional credits on the free demo version, simply refresh the game. If you’re looking to spin for real money, you can sign up with an online casino hosting the game. You’ll eventually have to set up a deposit to play, but many casinos offer a no-deposit bonus for players who want to try the game.
How to play
To play either the free or paid versions, follow these instructions:
- In the main game lobby, set your denominator and bet multiplier amounts. To max the bet amount, select the button that says “max”
- Use the spin button or your keyboard’s space bar to spin the reels
- Collect winnings automatically each time a scoring reel is spun
- For faster gameplay, you can use the auto spin feature to select either 10, 25, 50, 100, or 200 automatic spins, which can be stopped by your space bar or clicking the spin button
- If you want faster gameplay, select the turbo option from the game menu
Bet amounts and pay table wins
Golden Wolves offers big payout potential if you’re comfortable with higher bets, which start at 45 credits and go up to 225 credits. Payouts are rewarded from left to right on adjacent reels, except for scatter wins. Payouts are rewarded from left to right on adjacent reels, except for scatter wins. Line wins are multiplied by the amount of credits bet per line, while scatter wins are multiplied by the lines played and the bet per line.
Wins are awarded for matching symbols that appear on reels in groups of three, four, or five. The maximum payouts for each symbol are:
- Nine, ten, jack, or queen: 20x
- Ace or king: 30x
- Raccoon or eagle: 150x
- Goat: 200x
- Moose: 300x
- Bison: 500x
- Wild: 50x
- Golden wolf: 10,000x
Golden Wolves graphics and design
The Golden Wolves slot machine is designed with a wintery forest theme. The background scene depicts a clear night sky overhead with the moon illuminating a snowy forest clearing. The title of the game features a wolf howling, a sound you might expect to hear in such a setting.
The game’s animal symbols are designed realistically with bright and ethereal colours, making them appear more mythical. The reels are beautifully designed, but they do a disservice to the landscape behind by blocking much of it. It might be improved with a more transparent reels background instead. The game includes sound effects for spins and wins but lacks background music.
|Min / Max Bet||0.45 – $56.25|
|# of Paylines||30|
|Max Free Spins||20|
|Bonus Features||Free spins|
|Theme||Forest, animals, spiritual|
How Golden Wolves’ bonus features work
While Golden Wolves doesn’t offer a second-screen bonus round, it does include classic slots gameplay features like wild symbols and a free game feature.
- Wild symbols: During or after a reel spin, an extra wolf symbol may appear. If an extra wolf and wild symbol stop at the same position on the reels, then they’ll change to matching special wild symbols to award higher payouts. Wild symbols may substitute for other symbols on the reels as well.
- Free game feature: If you spin three wild symbols, you’ll earn 10 free games. Four wilds will trigger 12 free games, while five will trigger 20 free slot games. Additional wild symbols may appear during your free games, which means you can continue to earn free games.
Where to find the Golden Wolves slot game online
If you want to try out Golden Wolves’ mythical reels, you can play the free or paid versions at DraftKings Casino or FanDuel Casino. If you’re looking to try out the paid version of Golden Wolves or other games, many casinos offer casino rewards. Golden Wolves can be played on your desktop or mobile device.
If you like wolf-themed slots, you’ll also want to check out Wolf Run and Wolf Ridge.
Free and Real Money Konami Slots
- Chili Chili Fire Slots
- China Mystery Slots
- China Shores Slots
- Destiny of Athena Slots
- Dragon’s Law Twin Fever Slots
- Fortune Stacks Slots
- Great Guardians Slots
- Great Moai Slot Machine
- Gypsy Fire Quick Strike Slots
- Heart of Romance Slots
- Jumpin’ Jalapenos Slot
- Lion Festival Boosted Celebration Slots
- Lotus Land Slots
- Mammoth Power Slot
- Pride of Egypt Slot
- Radiant Witch Slot Machine
- Rawhide Slots
- Red Fortune Slot
- Solstice Celebration Slots
- Sparkling Roses Slot
- Star Watch Fire Slots
- Volcanic Rock Fire Slot
- Wealthy Monkey Online Slot
- Wings of the Phoenix Slots
- Wonder Rose Slots
Final thoughts on Golden Wolves by Konami
Playing Golden Wolves by Konami is a great experience if you want an alternative to classic fruit slots while still retaining the basic gameplay. The visual design is stunning but unfortunately understated by the opaque reel background design. The feel of the game could also be improved by the right background music.
While the free spin feature can be rewarding, Golden Wolves lacks a second screen bonus round that many other games offer. Golden Wolves earns a 7/10, but it might garner a better score by adding extra bonus features, background music, and a sleeker design.