Kingdom’s Edge is a compelling new slot from NextGen, an up-and-coming online slot developer. It’s a remarkably promising game that combines the developer’s traditional strengths in graphic design with new, interesting bonus features. While playing Kingdom’s Edge, you can enjoy a beautifully rendered valley view while pursuing impressive wins with its distinctive respins, free spins, and wild-oriented bonus features. If you’re a fan of medieval-themed slots with a touch of fantasy, you should certainly give this game a try.
What will you play next?
Best features on Kingdom’s Edge slot
You’ll find that Kingdom’s Edge boasts diverse, interesting gameplay with features like:
- Gameplay variety: Expanding wilds, stacked wilds, free games and more provide a rich gameplay experience.
- Powerful respins: Play respins with a stacked wild and multiplier up to 5x.
- High organic top payouts: Instead of relying on conventional jackpots, Kingdom’s Edge’s bonus features can work together to create wins of up to 1,500x across every pay-line.
How to play Kingdom’s Edge slot for free or real money
The main gameplay choices you’ll find in Kingdom’s Edge feature an optional auto-play setting and your bet amount, just like most typical modern slot games. Where it differs is that you have can set these parameters with sliders and drop-down lists that are more convenient and intuitive than most alternatives. After setting auto-spins from 1-100 and choosing your ideal bet amount, you can try your luck by hitting the spin button.
If you don’t want to jump straight into betting real money, you can try games out for free on our website. We offer unlimited demo play, and if you run out of credits you can just refresh to top up and start over. This is a particularly good choice as Kingdom’s Edge has an RTP of 95.4%, moderately below the industry standard. From there, consider choosing one of the regulated casinos we recommend later if you decide to try real money play.
Kingdom’s Edge graphics and design
Kingdom’s Edge is one of NextGen’s best-looking games. An idyllic valley background provides a picture of an untamed frontier. A modest blur effect creates the impression you really are gazing into the distance and makes sure that the scene frames the reels even more effectively. The reels themselves have a cool, metallic style that suits the swords and sorcery theme of the game. Likewise, the generic high card symbols have the same kind of iron-like style, and it prevents them from clashing with the high-value king and hero symbols.
|Min / Max Bet
|$0.10 - $100
|# of Pay-lines
|Max Free Spins
|Free spins, stacked wild, expanding wild, respins, multiplier, nudge feature
How Kingdom’s Edge’s bonus features work
Kingdom’s Edge has rich bonus features that weave the wilds, scatters, and hero symbols together in interesting ways. The golden king wild exists as a fully stacked symbol on reel one, while a silver wild can land on all other reels. Together, the golden wild and the scattered shield with a dragon crest are the key to Kingdom’s Edge’s bonus features.
Rally the troops
When the golden wild fills reel 1, it triggers a respin bonus with several interesting bonus elements.
- Expanding silver wilds: Any silver wilds on the reels during rally the troops will expand to fill the entire reel. If the expanding wilds replace any high-value symbols, then you get special bonuses.
- Hero bonuses: Every hero symbol that an expanding wild replaces gives that rally spin an extra +1 multiplier up to a maximum of x5.
- Scatter bonuses: When the expanding wilds replace a scatter, you receive an extra rally spin. The golden wild on reel 1 remains in place during all continuous rally spins, although the multiplier resets with each spin.
Landing three, four, or five scattered shields will award you with 10, 15, or 25 free games, respectively. While this is already more rewarding than your average free games feature, there’s much more going for it. There are multiple ways to retrigger extra spins as well as bonus features that provide extra winning opportunities.
- Scatter wins: Besides receiving free spins, scatters also provide a cash win of up to 500x coin value.
- Wild nudge: If the golden wild lands partially on the reels during free spins, it nudges to fill the entire reel. Not only does this create new winning possibilities, but it also triggers the rally the troops feature.
- Gold wild bonus spins: If the golden wild lands fully on the reel without nudging, you receive five or 10 extra free spins.
Where to find the Kingdom’s Edge slot game online
DraftKings or Golden Nugget Casino offer Kingdom’s Edge, and both are good, sound choices that adhere to casino regulations and support responsible gambling. With this in mind, the main difference between the two casinos is where your preferences lay. Golden Nugget has a much larger collection of gaming options available, but DraftKings Ontario has some excellent exclusives. Furthermore, it has a rich collection of unique, dynamic bonuses available to reward frequent players. At the bottom line, though, you can’t go wrong with either choice.
Free and Real Money NextGen Slots
Final thoughts on Kingdom’s Edge by NextGen
Kingdom’s Edge is an excellent example of how NextGen continues to grow into its own as a slot developer. While the core bonus features have been present in past games from the company, Kingdom’s Edge reinvents them with interesting nuances that make gameplay much more compelling. When you combine this strong gameplay with the excellent UI and graphics you expect from NextGen, you have an online slot that deserves an impressive 9/10 rating.