Wolves are specially adapted to handle the extreme temperatures of winter, even wolf cubs. NetEnt Games brings us the saga of the little cub braving a harsh winter in its snow-covered Wolf Cub online slot game, featuring scatter spins to win up to 115 free spins and the blizzard feature, which replicates rows of symbols.
This review covers how to play, special features and which online casinos have this game for free and real money. While this game doesn’t compare to IGT’s popular Wolf Run or Golden Wolves, it is an entertaining game.
Our favourite slot games
Best features on Wolf Cub slot
Wolf Cub’s best features centre around the free spins bonus round.
- Scatter spins: Win up to 115 free spins when three or more reels with the scatter symbol spin.
- Free spins: Free spins activate the blizzard feature.
- Blizzard feature: Stacks of symbols replicate across rows.
How to play Wolf Cub slot for free or real money
If you’re excited about helping our furry friend find his way in the blizzard, you can play the demo of Wolf Cub for free on our site. First, choose a bet level between one and 10, then select between $0.01 and $1 for your coin value, and you’re ready to howl at the moon. You can go wild with your bet because you can always reload the page to get your free credits topped up.
To play Wolf Cub slots for real money, just look for the game at an online casino and create an account to get more information about free offers for new members.
Wolf Cub graphics and design
Wolf cub is a cartoon-drawn slot set in dark, snow-covered woods and features a friendly, animated wolf cub that reacts to the results of spins. Besides the wood-carved card symbols, you’ll see the wolf cub and his forest friends, the bear, moose, owl, and leopard, as symbols. The wild is an icy paw print and the scatter bonus symbol is the moon. The music is upbeat and reminiscent of something you might hear on a YouTube video of kittens playing with an empty box.
It’s unclear who the intended audience is because the theme maybe a little too kid-friendly to appeal to many adults.
|Min / Max Bet||$0.20 - $200|
|# of Pay-lines||20|
|Max Free Spins||115|
|Bonus Features||Free spins, replicating symbols|
How Wolf Cub’s bonus features work
Wolf Cub’s bonus features centre on getting free spins to activate the blizzard feature.
- Scatter spins: When three or more scatter symbols appear, the reels with the symbols re-spin with new symbols with numbers inside paw prints. Once the reels stop, these are tallied to award you with a total number of free spins. You can win up to 115 free spins with this feature.
- Free spins: The free spins scene changes to a snowy ledge with snow-capped mountains in the background. The number of remaining free spins appears on the full moon to the left. During free spins, the scatter symbol doesn’t appear so you can’t re-trigger more free spins, but the blizzard feature is activated.
- Blizzard feature: When any symbol, including wilds, is fully-stacked on the first reel, it replicates to fill a complete row between the symbols on the first reel and any more of the same symbols on the reel set. This feature is only active during free spins.
Where to find the Wolf Cub slot game online
To run with the wolves, you can find Wolf Cub at DraftKings Casino and Golden Nugget Casino. DraftKings and Golden Nugget have exclusive and limited-time opt-in offers, deposit match bonuses, and a rewards club with daily, weekly, and monthly bonus offers. Just visit either site and create an account to find out more about these new member incentives.
Free and Real Money NetEnt Slots
Final thoughts on Wolf Cub by NetEnt
Wold Cub’s strength lies in its blizzard feature, which is only available during the free spins. During regular gameplay, the cute animations of the wolf cub aren’t enough to make up for a lack of features. Multipliers are missing, and you find yourself just waiting for the bonus. Still, the blizzard feature is very exciting when you get stacks of high-paying symbols.
Looking at the pros and cons, we give this game a rating of 7/10.