Live NHL Odds at Canadian Online Sportsbooks
In 2023, Canadians can bet on the NHL like never before. Individual game odds, futures odds, player props, and more have shifted the hockey betting landscape dramatically. Hundreds of new NHL odds are available every day, as well as odds for the NHL Playoffs and Stanley Cup.
Scroll down for the latest NHL odds direct from legal Canadian online sportsbooks. Then stick around for the latest NHL betting trends.
NHL live odds
See below for tonight’s NHL moneylines, puck lines, and totals odds plus Stanley Cup odds, odds for teams to win their conference or division, and award season odds, including Hart Trophy odds, Art Ross odds, and season-long futures like NHL team win totals.
Canadian NHL Team odds
There are seven Canadian teams in the NHL, each with its own diehard fan base. Here’s a look at the seven Canadian NHL teams; follow the link to find the latest game and futures odds for each:
Toronto Maple Leafs
- Founded: 1917
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Owner: Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (Larry Tanenbaum, Chairman)
- Home arena: Scotiabank Arena
- Stanley Cups: 13 – last in 1966-67
- Retired numbers: 13 numbers for 19 players, last for Mats Sundin in 2012
- Career points leader: Mats Sundin – 987
- Career wins leader: Turk Broda – 302
- Tonight’s Leafs Odds
- Founded: 1909
- Home arena: Bell Centre
- Stanley Cups: 24 – last in 1992-93
- Retired numbers: 15 numbers for 18 players, last for Guy Lapointe in 2014
- Career points leader: Guy Lafleur – 1,246
- Career wins leader: Carey Price – 353
- Tonight’s Habs Odds
- Founded: 1972
- Home arena: Rogers Place
- Stanley Cups: 5 – last in 1989-90
- Retired numbers: 7 – last for Glenn Anderson in 2009
- Career points leader: Wayne Gretzky – 1,669
- Career wins leader: Grant Fuhr – 226
- Tonight’s Oilers odds
- Founded: 1970
- Home arena: Rogers Arena
- Stanley Cups: None
- Retired numbers: 6 – last for Daniel and Henrik Sedin in 2020
- Career points leader: Henrik Sedin – 1,070
- Career wins leader: Roberto Luongo – 252
- Tonight’s Canucks odds
- Founded: 1992
- Home arena: Canadian Tire Centre
- Stanley Cups: None
- Retired numbers: 3 – last for Chris Phillips in 2020
- Career points leader: Daniel Alfredsson – 1,108
- Career wins leader: Craig Anderson – 202
- Tonight’s Sens odds
- Founded: 1999 as Atlanta Thrashers, moved to Winnipeg in 2011
- Home arena: Bell MTS Place
- Stanley Cups: None
- Retired numbers: None, eight in team hall-of-fame
- Career points leader: Blake Wheeler – 651
- Career wins leader: Connor Hellebuyck – 169
- Tonight’s Jets odds
- Founded: 1972
- Home arena: Scotiabank Saddledome
- Stanley Cups: 1 – 1988-89
- Retired numbers: 3 – last for Jarome Iginla in 2019
- Career points leader: Jarome Iginla – 1,095
- Career wins leader: Miikka Kiprusoff – 305
- Tonight’s Flames odds
How to bet on the NHL online in Canada
Getting started betting on the NHL online in Canada is a simple three-step process you can do with your phone:
First, download and install an online sports betting app. Click on one of our links to go right to a sportsbook available in your province and look for the download link for iOS or Android phones. Android users may also be required to allow installations from outside sources in their settings. If you don’t have geolocation services on your device, you can download that too.
Otherwise, downloading and installing a sports betting app should take only a minute or two.
Next, you need to sign up for a betting account. Simply click the sign-up tab on the app you just downloaded and fill out the registration form. Don’t worry: it won’t go much more in-depth than your name, email address, phone number, and ID to verify you’re of legal age to bet on sports.
Finally, before you bet, you’ll need to make a deposit. Do that on the app using any of the available deposit methods, including debit cards or even major credit cards. Most deposits take just seconds, and you’ll be ready to browse the NHL betting markets in no time.
Best NHL betting app
BetMGM inked a multi-year marketing and data agreement to become the NHL’s official sports betting partner in 2018. The deal gives MGM access to official league data and intellectual property. These two things take BetMGM’s in-play NHL betting to new heights, making the BetMGM Canada app the best one for NHL betting.
BetMGM is also known for its ongoing NHL betting promos, including various odds boosts. Add in the huge selection of NHL player props, futures, and in-game and pregame NHL markets, and it becomes clear why BetMGM is among the best apps for betting on hockey.
Other Top NHL Betting Apps in Canada
It’s perfectly normal to have a favorite sportsbook where you take the bulk of your NHL betting action, but don’t be shy about spreading your wings to see what’s available elsewhere. When you’re all set up to play with multiple shops, you get the added bonus of being ready to pounce when appealing odds and promos are unveiled. Here are two other great places to bet on the NHL.
- DraftKings Sportsbook: When you click the NHL link at DraftKings, you’ll see not only a listing of all of the upcoming games in order by start time, but also clickable menus for other available bet types like player props and futures. It’s a huge time saver that really lets you zero in on what you want in an instant. When you combine that with one of the best platforms in the biz, a fantastic live betting section, and competitive odds, DraftKings has a lot to offer for NHL bettors, including regular odds boosts, parlay insurance, and special NHL player prop combos.
- FanDuel Sportsbook: Fanduel has all of the bet types you need for NHL. Once you click through on a game listing, you’ll see a whole host of player props, alternate game lines, and even ways to bet on each individual period. The site attracts a good deal of volume, so the odds tend to always be on point from pregame bets to futures and all points in between. You’ll also find special odds boosts for NHL games and player props, and parlay insurance for multi-leg wagers.
See our dedicated page for the newest online betting apps to come to Canada.
NHL betting tips & best bets
There’s no secret to success when it comes to betting on the NHL. Good research gets results. Taking a long hard look at the teams, players, and betting lines on any game will lead to success. Other than simply getting lucky, there’s no other way to do it.
Those that find consistent success betting on the NHL do the work required. Start your path toward NHL betting success with How to Bet on the NHL online. It includes a list of the best bets for beginners, some NHL betting tips and trends, plus sportsbook rules for hockey betting. See here for how important the goalie is in hockey betting.
NHL betting trends & stats
Injuries and roster changes impact winning. Staying ahead of this info is paramount to NHL betting success. You’ll need all the latest news and information about the NHL to make your hockey bets successful.
On top of our selection of key NHL betting tips, our NHL team pages have recent game and player trends you can use to help guide your NHL bets. Access them via the links above.