Calgary Flames Odds
The Calgary Flames have won just one Stanley Cup in their existence, but with Johnny Gaudreau, Elias Lindholm and Matthew Tkachuk part of a strong young core, they’re on the verge of competing for the Cup once again.
Below see how to bet on the Flames online with tonight’s Flames game lines direct from Canadian online sportsbooks plus Flames Stanley Cup odds, NHL betting tips and key Flames stats to help your research.
Today’s Flames odds: Moneyline, Stanley Cup, props
Below find the latest Calgary Flames game lines for tonight plus current Stanley Cup odds and player props. Click on any odds to go directly to the online sportsbook and start making your Flames bets.
Tonight’s Flames puck line
Flames Stanley Cup odds
Gaudreau Prop, MVP odds
Next Up: Edmonton Oilers
- Game Day: Thursday, May 26, 2022
- Game Time: 9:30 PM ET
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Arena: Scotiabank Saddledome
Betting Insights For The Oilers Game
- The Flames are sixth in the NHL in scoring (3.6 goals per game), and the Oilers are 17th on defense (3.1 against).
- Calgary has a +84 goal differential on the season, second in the league.
- The Flames commit 3.9 penalties per game, 10th in the league.
Calgary's Last 10 Games
|Overall Record||ATS Record||O/U/P||AVG Total||AVG Goals Scored||AVG Goals Allowed|
Betting Lines And Odds For Flames Vs. Oilers
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Spread||Total|
Flames Betting Trends
- In 76 games as the moneyline favorite this season, Calgary has won 47 times.
- The Flames have a record of 34-15 this season in games with their moneyline odds shorter than -156.
- Calgary has a 60.9% chance of winning this game, based on the moneyline odds.
Recent Meetings With The Oilers
Flames Player Insights
- Johnny Gaudreau is first on Calgary this season with 74 assists. He has also recorded 40 goals for 114 total points.
- Matthew Tkachuk's offensive effort has resulted in 42 goals (first on the team) and 62 assists.
- Milan Lucic's 15 penalties have resulted in a team-leading 84 penalty minutes served.
- Jacob Markstrom has gone 36-15-3 in the net this season after giving up 137 goals (2.2 goals against average), recording 1617 saves, and compiling a .922 save percentage (eighth in the league).
- Gaudreau leads Calgary with a +63 plus-minus.
Injuries For Calgary Vs Edmonton
Flames: Christopher Tanev: Probable (Lower Body), Sean Monahan: Out (Hip)
Oilers: Darnell Nurse: Probable (Undisclosed), Leon Draisaitl: Probable (Undisclosed)
Flames Upcoming Games
|Thu, May 26||Edmonton Oilers||H||9:30 PM ET||-|
|Sat, May 28||Edmonton Oilers||A||9:30 PM ET||-|
|Mon, May 30||Edmonton Oilers||H||12:00 AM ET||-|
Flames live betting odds
NHL hockey is a fast and exciting game that truly comes to life with live betting. Live betting gives you the chance to bet on NHL games right in the middle of play at odds that change with the action on the ice. For the most part, the betting markets are the same ones from before the game but at constantly changing odds.
However, unique in-game props and live period-by-period markets will also be available. All live betting odds change with the score, time and momentum, which means they change as fast as a hockey game. Canadian online sportsbook apps are the best way to keep up with live Flames betting odds.
Best Flames betting app: PointsBet
If you live in a province that gives you a choice of where you can bet on the Calgary Flames, you can choose to bet with a licensed online sportsbook that counts the NHL as a partner.
Australian-based PointsBet Sports Book signed a multi-year strategic partnership deal with the NHL in February 2021. Not only is PointsBet now an official betting partner of the NHL, but the NHL now has an equity stake in PointsBet. That makes it the perfect place to bet on the Flames.
PointsBet currently operates in New Jersey, Iowa, Indiana, Illinois, Colorado and Michigan south of the border. It’s also live with Ontario sports betting where the province has opened online sports betting to private sportsbooks.
Quick rundown of Flames bets
- Flames moneyline: bet outright game winners. Lock in your bet at the currently posted moneyline odds.
- Flames puck line: bet game winners with a standard 1.5 goal or alternative puck line factored into the final score. Puck lines can flip the odds, turning moneyline favourites into underdogs and vice versa. Lock in your bet at the currently posted odds.
- Flames totals: bet on the total combined score by both teams in an NHL game, landing over or under a line set by oddsmakers. Lock in your bet at the currently posted odds.
- Flames props: bet on NHL player or team stat lines and other games within a game.
- Parlays: combine two or more of the bets above. This ups the potential payout, but all parlay legs must win.
- Futures: place futures bets on team wins, making the playoffs, winning a division, winning a conference or winning the Stanley Cup. You can find odds on several NHL awards including Art Ross & Rocket Richard odds, Vezina odds & more. Year-round markets with constantly adjusted odds can be locked in at any time.
- Live betting: bet mostly standard game lines during games at odds that change with the action. These also include period-by-period betting and advanced in-game props.
Flames Vegas odds vs. online odds
For the most part, Canadian sportsbooks are going to open up with the exact same Flames game lines found at traditional retail sportsbooks in Las Vegas. However, these lines can change ahead of the game, and they may end up very different by the time the first puck drops. NHL game lines move based on betting, and when betting is the underlying cause, the lines move independently.
In other words, a Canadian sportsbook might change its line on the Flames because more money is bet on Calgary than the opponent. However, other sportsbooks will not change unless more money is bet on one side or the other.
Of course, increased local interest in the Flames may lead to increased local betting on the Flames, making their lines at Canadian sportsbooks more likely to change than those in Vegas. You just never know until all the bets are in, which is why you should always watch the lines at BetRivers Sportsbook Canada or Caesars Sportsbook Canada, for example. You may even be able to take advantage of movement at one and not another.
More NHL team odds
Calgary Flames home games
The Flames play home games at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Stampede Park, built in 1983 to replace the Stampede Corral as the team’s new home. Here’s a look at a few key details:
- Name: Scotiabank Saddledome
- Address: 555 Saddledome Rise SE
- Location: Calgary, AB
- Owner: City of Calgary
- Operator: Saddledome Foundation, Calgary Sports and Entertainment, Calgary Flames
- Capacity: 19,289
- Ground breaking: July 29, 1981
- Opening date: Oct. 15, 1983
- Construction cost: C$97.7 million
- Other tenants: Calgary 88s (NBL) (1988–1992), Calgary Radz (RHI) (1993), Calgary Outlaws (NBL) (1994), Calgary Hitmen (WHL) (1995–present), Calgary Roughnecks (NLL) (2001–present), Stockton Heat (AHL) (2021)
Who is on the Flames broadcast team?
Derek Wills (play-by-play) and Peter Loubardias (colour) have done Calgary Flames radio broadcasts together on CFAC, the radio flagship for broadcasts of the Calgary Flames, since 2014.
In the meantime, CFAC-TV has had the television rights to the Calgary Flames since 1980. Sportsnet One also has a license to carry regional National Hockey League coverage for selected Flames games. Since 2014, Rick Ball has done play-by-play, and Kelly Hrudey has been the colour commentator for Flames TV broadcasts. Cassie Campbell-Pascall takes over the colour job when Hrudey is on assignment with Hockey Night in Canada.
Flames draft picks & top prospects
Here’s a look at the past five first-round draft picks by the Calgary Flames:
|Year||First Round Pick||Player||Where from?|
|2021||13th||Matthew Coronato||United States|
|2017||16th||Juuso Valimaki||Finland (73 games played)|
|2016||6th||Matthew Tkachuk||United States (349 games played)|
Flames franchise leaders
Here’s a look at Calgary’s franchise leaders in some key statistical categories:
- Goals: Jarome Iginla – 525
- Assists: Al MacInnis – 609
- Points: Jarome Iginla – 1,095
- Penalty Minutes: Tim Hunter – 2,405
- Hat Tricks: Kent Nilsson – 14
- Save Percentage: Miikka Kiprusoff – .913
- Goals Against Average: Miikka Kiprusoff – 2.46
- Saves: Miikka Kiprusoff – 14,631
Who is the Flames head coach?
Here’s a look at Calgary’s current coaching staff:
- Head Coach: Darryl Sutter
- Associate Coach: Kirk Muller
- Assistant Coach: Ryan Huska
- Assistant Coach: Cail MacLean
- Senior Goaltending Coach: Jordan Sigalet
- Assistant Coach, Video: Jamie Pringle
- Goaltending Coach: Jason LaBarbera
- Strength and Conditioning Coach: Ryan van Asten
Past Flames coaches
Here’s a look at the Flames’ head coaches and their records during the past decade-plus:
|Darryl Sutter||2021- Present||15-16-1|
What is the Flames logo and mascot?
The Calgary Flames were the Atlanta Flames from 1972 to 1980, and the logo was a red and orange flaming block letter ‘A’. After the 1979-80 season, the team relocated to Calgary, and the logo became a red and orange ‘C’ with flames coming out of the back of the letter. In 1994, the ‘C’ received a black outline, but it was removed in 2020.
Harvey the Hound is the team mascot and has been since 1983. Harvey was actually the first mascot in the NHL and looks a bit like a horse, mouse and dog.
Where to watch or stream Flames games online free
Calgary Flames games can be streamed online with a subscription via NHL.com and NHL.TV. Normal local blackout rules and restrictions apply. Some games are also streamed regionally through SN NOW or nationally through SN NOW+.
Flames Franchise by the numbers
- Franchise Value: $480 million
- Owners: N. Murray Edwards
- Building Naming Rights: Scotiabank Saddledome ($20 million for 20 years)
- Stanley Cup Wins: 1
- Flames Numbers Retired: 9 (Lanny McDonald), 12 (Jarome Iginla), and 30 (Mike Vernon)
- Most Consecutive 30 Goal Seasons: Jarome Iginla had a total of 11 30-goal seasons in a row with the Flames. Mike Gartner, Jaromir Jagr and Alex Ovechkin share the NHL record with 15
More Flames facts & trivia
- 2019-20 Revenue: $120 million
- 2019-20 Operating Income: $400,000 million
- 2019-20 Gate Receipts: $48 million
- 2019-20 Player Expenses: $74 million
- 2021 Highest Paid Flames Player: Matthew Tkachuk – $9 million
- Richest Flames Player Contract: Matthew Tkachuk (three-year, $21 million)
- Career Playoff Points Leader: Al MacInnis – 102
- Career Playoff Goals Leader: Joe Mullen – 35
- Career Playoff Assists Leader: Al MacInnis – 77
- Percentage of Flames Players From Canada in History: 66.1 percent
Flames betting in Alberta
The Western Canada Lottery Corporation and the government of Alberta launched Sports Select, a sports betting lottery product, at lottery retailers across Alberta back in the 1990s.
Albertans have been able to bet on the Calgary Flames since then, but only through parlays. Sports Select forces players to link together 3-6 or 2-10 picks in these parlays, depending on the sport. All legs must win for a parlay bet to pay.
Alberta made plans to take Sports Select and other lottery products online in 2021. However, the federal government has since passed the Safe and Regulated Sports Betting Act, which legalizes single-game wagering across Canada. That gives Alberta the chance to launch an even bigger and broader sports betting product on its PlayAlberta.ca website, including single-game wagering.
That means Alberta will soon have a full-fledged online sportsbook. The province supported the federal government’s efforts to legalize single-game sports betting and appears ready to flip the switch on single-game wagering through PlayAlberta.ca. That means you’ll be able to bet on the Calgary Flames online in Alberta ensuing NHL seasons.