Oilers live betting odds
Live betting allows you to bet on NHL teams like the Oilers in the middle of games. The markets are mostly the same ones you can bet on pregame at odds that change alongside the action on the ice. However, there are also more in-game props available in live and period-by-period markets.
Live betting odds change with things like the score, time, and momentum, which means they can change in an instant. That means online and mobile sportsbooks are the only way to keep up. There’s just no way you get down a bet at a lottery retailer or retail sportsbook before the odds change again.
How to bet on the Oilers
Betting on the Oilers is the same as betting on any NHL team and it is quite simple. You can bet on the team to win titles through the NHL futures markets and win, lose, or score goals through various game lines, in addition to betting on the team and its players in all kinds of different ways through NHL props. Basic NHL betting markets include:
- Moneyline: Pick straight-up game-winners and book bets at the currently posted moneyline odds.
- Puck line: Pick straight-up game winners with standard 1.5 goal and alternative puck lines factored into the final score. Book bets at the currently posted moneyline odds. Keep in mind the puck line can turn moneyline favourites into underdogs and vice versa.
- Totals: Bet on whether the total combined score in an NHL game will be over or under the line set by sportsbooks
- Props: Bet on NHL players or teams achieving certain statistical milestones in a game.
- Parlays: Combine two or more NHL bets into one to up the potential payout versus individual bets. All legs must win.
- Futures: Bet on teams to win more or less than a specific number of games, make the playoffs, win a division, conference, or win the Stanley Cup. You can also bet on NHL award futures odds, including Hart Trophy odds, Goals Scoring leader odds and more. Year-round odds are constantly adjusted but locked in when you place a bet.
- Live betting: Bet on live games at odds that change with the action. Includes pregame markets, period-by-period betting, and advance in-game props.
Oilers Vegas odds vs. online odds
You should find that Oilers game lines open up the same at every sportsbook, from online and mobile sportsbooks in Canada to traditional retail sportsbooks inside Las Vegas casinos. However, these lines are subject to change and end up quite different. NHL lines move independently based on betting. In other words, one sportsbook might alter a line because more money is bet on one team or the other, but others sportsbooks will not follow suit.
Of course, local interest in the Oilers may lead to increased local betting on the Oilers. This, in turn, means there’s more chance of an Oilers betting line changing at online sportsbooks in Canada than traditional retail sportsbooks in Vegas.
More NHL Team odds
Oilers draft picks
Here’s a look at the past seven first-round draft picks by the Edmonton Oilers:
- 2021 22nd overall Xavier Bourgault from the Shawinigan Cataractes
- 2020 14th overall Dylan Holloway from the University of Wisconsin
- 2019 8th overall Philip Broberg from Skellefteå AIK (SHL)
- 2018 10th overall Evan Bouchard from the London Knights (OHL) has played 21 games with three goals and three assists
- 2017 22nd overall Kailer Yamamoto from the Spokane Chiefs (WHL) has played 105 games with 20 goals and 32 assists
- 2016 4th overall Jesse Puljujarvi from Oulun Karpat (Liiga) has played 194 games with 32 goals and 30 assists
- 2015 1st overall Connor McDavid from the Erie Otters (OHL) has played 407 games with 195 goals and 379 assists
Oilers franchise leaders
Here’s a look at the Oilers franchise leaders in some key stats:
- Games Played: Kevin Lowe 1,037
- Goals: Wayne Gretzky 583
- Assists: Wayne Gretzky 1,086
- Points: Wayne Gretzky 1,669
- Penalty Minutes: Kelly Buchberger 1,747
- Plus/Minus: Wayne Gretzky 553
- Hat Tricks: Wayne Gretzky 43
- Save Percentage: Cam Talbot .912
- Goals Against Average: Tommy Salo 2.44
- Saves: Bill Ranford 11,502
Oilers coaching staff
Here’s a look at the Oilers coaching staff:
- Head coach: Dave Tippett
- Associate coach: Jim Playfair
- Assistant coach: Glen Gulutzan
- Assistant coach: Brian Wiseman
- Advisor: Ken Hitchcock
- Goaltending Coach: Dustin Schwartz
- Video coach: Jeremy Coupal
- Skating coach: David Pelletier
Past Oilers coaches
Here’s a look at the Oilers head coaches and their records over the past decade:
|Dave Tippett (2019–20 to present) 37-25-9||2019-Present||72-44-11