The Edmonton Oilers owned the NHL in the 1980s, and now, with Connor McDavid as the cornerstone of the franchise, the Oilers are competitive once again.
In the 2021-22 season, the Oilers made it to the Western Conference finals before being swept by the eventual Stanley Cup champs, the Colorado Avalanche.
That makes betting on the Oilers in the 2022-23 season an attractive proposition. The team has a lot of talent and legal, regulated sports betting is currently exploding across the country — particularly in Ontario.
Below find how to bet on the Edmonton Oilers in Canada, including tonight’s Oilers betting lines, Oilers odds to win the Stanley Cup plus a few Oilers NHL betting secrets.
Tonight’s Oilers odds: Moneyline, Stanley Cup, Props
Below find live Oilers odds direct from Canadian online sportsbooks. Included are the odds for the next Oilers game, Oilers Stanley Cup odds and prop odds for Connor McDavid. Click on any odds to go directly to the sportsbook and get your bets started.
Tonight’s Oilers Game Lines
Oilers Stanley Cup Odds
Connor McDavid MVP, prop odds
Next Up: Arizona Coyotes
- Game Day: Wednesday, March 22, 2023
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: TNT
- Location: Edmonton, Alberta
- Arena: Rogers Place
Betting Insights For The Coyotes Game
- On average, the Oilers score 3.9 goals in a game (first in league), and the Coyotes concede 3.4 (24th).
- In terms of goal differential, Edmonton is +44 on the season (sixth in NHL).
- The Oilers commit 4.1 penalties per game, 10th in the NHL.
Edmonton's Last 10 Games
|Overall Record||ATS Record||O/U/P||AVG Total||AVG Goals Scored||AVG Goals Allowed|
Betting Lines And Odds For Oilers Vs. Coyotes
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Spread||Total|
Recent Meetings With The Coyotes
Oilers Player Insights
- Over 71 games for Edmonton this season, Connor McDavid has collected 136 total points (first on the team) -- 58 goals and 78 assists.
- McDavid's 78 assists rank first on the team, and he has added 58 goals to the offensive effort.
- Darnell Nurse has served a team-leading 62 penalty minutes from 27 penalties (19th in the league).
- Stuart Skinner has a 22-14-4 record between the pipes this season. He has saved 1202 total shots with a .911 save percentage, and has conceded 117 goals (2.9 goals against average).
- Nurse has registered a plus-20 to lead Edmonton this season.
Injuries For Edmonton Vs Arizona
Oilers Player Props
|Player||Prop Bet||Over/Under||Payout||Average Per Game|
|Player||Prop Bet||Over/Under||Payout||Average Per Game|
Oilers Upcoming Games
|Wed, Mar 22||Arizona Coyotes||H||7:30 PM||TNT|
|Sat, Mar 25||Vegas Golden Knights||H||7:00 PM||ESPN+|
|Mon, Mar 27||Arizona Coyotes||A||7:00 PM||ESPN+|
|Tue, Mar 28||Vegas Golden Knights||A||7:00 PM||ESPN+|
|Thu, Mar 30||Los Angeles Kings||H||6:00 PM||ESPN+|
|Sat, Apr 1||Anaheim Ducks||H||7:00 PM||ESPN+|
|Tue, Apr 4||Los Angeles Kings||A||7:30 PM||ESPN|
|Wed, Apr 5||Anaheim Ducks||A||7:00 PM||TNT|
|Sat, Apr 8||San Jose Sharks||A||1:00 PM||NBCS|
|Tue, Apr 11||Colorado Avalanche||A||6:30 PM||ESPN|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from
Oilers live betting odds
Live betting allows you to bet on NHL teams like the Oilers in the middle of games. The markets are mostly the same ones you can bet on pregame at odds that change alongside the action on the ice. However, there are also more in-game props available in live and period-by-period markets.
Live betting odds change with things like the score, time, and momentum, which means they can change in an instant. That means online sportsbooks, such as BetRivers Sportsbook Canada, Unibet Canada and Bally Bet Sportsbook, are the only way to keep up. There’s just no way you get down a bet at a lottery retailer or retail sportsbook before the odds change again.
How to bet on the Oilers
Betting on the Oilers is the same as betting on any NHL team and it is quite simple. You can bet on the team to win titles through the NHL futures markets and win, lose, or score goals through various game lines, in addition to betting on the team and its players in all kinds of different ways through NHL props. Basic NHL betting markets include:
- Moneyline: Pick straight-up game-winners and book bets at the currently posted moneyline odds.
- Puck line: Pick straight-up game winners with standard 1.5 goal and alternative puck lines factored into the final score. Book bets at the currently posted moneyline odds. Keep in mind the puck line can turn moneyline favourites into underdogs and vice versa.
- Totals: Bet on whether the total combined score in an NHL game will be over or under the line set by sportsbooks
- Props: Bet on NHL players or teams achieving certain statistical milestones in a game.
- Parlays: Combine two or more NHL bets into one to up the potential payout versus individual bets. All legs must win.
- Futures: Bet on teams to win more or less than a specific number of games, make the playoffs, win a division, conference, or win the Stanley Cup. You can also bet on NHL award futures odds, including Hart Trophy odds, Goals Scoring leader odds and more. Year-round odds are constantly adjusted but locked in when you place a bet.
- Live betting: Bet on live games at odds that change with the action. Includes pregame markets, period-by-period betting, and advance in-game props.
Oilers Vegas odds vs. online odds
You should find that Oilers game lines open up the same at every sportsbook, from online and mobile sportsbooks in Canada to traditional retail sportsbooks inside Las Vegas casinos. However, these lines are subject to change and end up quite different. NHL lines move independently based on betting. In other words, one sportsbook might alter a line because more money is bet on one team or the other, but others sportsbooks will not follow suit.
Of course, local interest in the Oilers may lead to increased local betting on the Oilers. This, in turn, means there’s more chance of an Oilers betting line changing at online sportsbooks in Canada than traditional retail sportsbooks in Vegas.
More NHL Team odds
- Vancouver Canucks odds
- Calgary Flames odds
- Winnipeg Jets odds
- Toronto Maple Leafs odds
- Montreal Canadiens odds
- Ottawa Senators odds
Oilers draft picks
Here’s a look at the past seven first-round draft picks by the Edmonton Oilers:
- 2021 22nd overall Xavier Bourgault from the Shawinigan Cataractes
- 2020 14th overall Dylan Holloway from the University of Wisconsin
- 2019 8th overall Philip Broberg from Skellefteå AIK (SHL)
- 2018 10th overall Evan Bouchard from the London Knights (OHL) has played 21 games with three goals and three assists
- 2017 22nd overall Kailer Yamamoto from the Spokane Chiefs (WHL) has played 105 games with 20 goals and 32 assists
- 2016 4th overall Jesse Puljujarvi from Oulun Karpat (Liiga) has played 194 games with 32 goals and 30 assists
- 2015 1st overall Connor McDavid from the Erie Otters (OHL) has played 407 games with 195 goals and 379 assists
Oilers franchise leaders
Here’s a look at the Oilers franchise leaders in some key stats:
- Games Played: Kevin Lowe 1,037
- Goals: Wayne Gretzky 583
- Assists: Wayne Gretzky 1,086
- Points: Wayne Gretzky 1,669
- Penalty Minutes: Kelly Buchberger 1,747
- Plus/Minus: Wayne Gretzky 553
- Hat Tricks: Wayne Gretzky 43
- Save Percentage: Cam Talbot .912
- Goals Against Average: Tommy Salo 2.44
- Saves: Bill Ranford 11,502
Oilers coaching staff
Here’s a look at the Oilers coaching staff:
- Head coach: Dave Tippett
- Associate coach: Jim Playfair
- Assistant coach: Glen Gulutzan
- Assistant coach: Brian Wiseman
- Advisor: Ken Hitchcock
- Goaltending Coach: Dustin Schwartz
- Video coach: Jeremy Coupal
- Skating coach: David Pelletier
Past Oilers coaches
Here’s a look at the Oilers head coaches and their records over the past decade:
|Dave Tippett (2019–20 to present) 37-25-9||2019-Present||72-44-11|
Edmonton Oilers home games
- Home Arena: Rogers Place
- Address: 40 Bay Street
- Location: 10220 104 Avenue NW Edmonton, Alberta
- Owner: City of Edmonton
- Operator: Oilers Entertainment Group
- Capacity: 18,347
- Ground Breaking: March 3, 2014
- Opened: Sept. 8, 2016
- Construction Cost: $480 million
- Other Tenants: Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL)
- Previous Home: Northlands Coliseum (1974–2016)
Oilers broadcasts and live streams
Sportsnet is the exclusive TV broadcaster of the Edmonton Oilers in Canada. The games are also on the radio at 630 CHED and online at 630CHED.com.
Radio broadcast team Jack Michaels and Bob Stauffer now do TV. Michaels has become Sportsnet’s lead play-by-play announcer for Oilers regional TV broadcasts. He is joined by former Oiler Louie DeBrusk as a game analyst and Gene Principe as host. Stauffer analyzes the intermission panel.
Cam Moon has taken over radio play-by-play with Stauffer continuing as colour commentator. Michaels will go back on the radio for all Oilers national and playoff games.
Oilers games can also be streamed regionally online via SN NOW or nationally on SN NOW+ and NHL LIVE.
What is the Oilers Mascot?
The Oilers’ mascot is an anthropomorphic Canada lynx called Hunter, named after one of the team’s original founding partners “Wild Bill” Hunter. Hunter wears the No. 72 Oilers jersey about the year the team was founded. The mascot began appearing at games in 2016.
What is the Oilers logo?
While the Oilers logo has gone through some slight colour changes over its almost 50 years in existence its design has remained relatively untouched. It is and remains a circular logo with a drop of oil at the top and extended oil-drip styled ‘Oilers’ lettering on the bottom.
Oilers franchise by the numbers
- Franchise Value: $550 million
- Owners: Daryl Katz since 2008 ($170 million)
- Building Naming Rights: 10-year deal signed with Rogers Communications announced in 2013 with no financial terms were disclosed
- Stanley Cup Wins: 5 (1983–84, 1984–85, 1986–87, 1987–88, 1989–90)
- Oilers Numbers Retired: Glenn Anderson #9, Paul Coffey #7, Grant Fuhr #31, Wayne Gretzky #99, Al Hamilton #3, Jari Kurri #17, Mark Messier #11
- Sellout Streak: The Oilers sold out 549 consecutive games over 13 years, a streak that ended in 2019 due to trouble with the Alberta economy and the fact the Oilers made the playoffs only once in those 13 years.
- Most Consecutive 30 Goal Seasons: Wayne Gretzky is fifth on the list of Most Consecutive 30 Goal Seasons with 13, from 1979-80 to 1991-92. He played the first nine of those seasons with the Oilers. Mike Gartner, Jaromir Jagr, and Alex Ovechkin have the NHL record with 15 consecutive 30 goal seasons.
10 More interesting Oilers numbers
- 2019-20 Revenue: $170 million
- 2019-20 Operating Income: $17 million
- 2019-20 Gate Receipts: $62 million
- 2019-20 Player Expenses: $78 million
- 2021 Highest Paid Oilers Player: Connor McDavid $12,500,000
- Richest Oiler Player Contract: Connor McDavid signed an eight-year, $100 million contract extension with the Oilers in 2017
- Career Playoff Points Leader: Wayne Gretzky 252
- Career Playoff Goals Leader: Jari Kurri 92
- Career Playoff Assists Leader: Wayne Gretzky 171
- Percentage of Oilers Players From Canada in History: 63.5%
Oilers betting in Alberta
In the past, the only way to bet on the Oilers in Alberta was through the Provincial Lottery Corporation product Sports Select. Unfortunately, that meant you had to combine a minimum of two or three bets in a parlay and accept the less-than-fair odds these products offer.
Fortunately, single-game wagering changes all that. Since most provincial lottery corporations expressed support and said they would embrace single-game wagering when it passes, and Ontario has promised to open up its sports-betting market to privately-run online and mobile sportsbooks, it appears Oilers betting will soon be available all across Canada. Some provincial lotteries have already launched single-game wagering and Alberta says it will soon be added to its new PlayAlberta.ca online gaming and sports betting website.