PROLINE+ Ontario – Sportsbook Review & Comparison
The Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corp. offers online sports wagering on its platform, PROLINE+. You can get signed up with PROLINE+ today and start legally betting on sports in Ontario in a matter of minutes.
While PROLINE+ enables you to bet on individual events, you still can create parlays, just with more options than were previously available. What’s more, when you register for an account, PROLINE+ will match your first deposit.
This page covers the key aspects of PROLINE+ and single-game sports betting in Canada to familiarize you with your new options.
PROLINE PLUS code in October 2023
When you create an account as a new user at PROLINE+ you don’t need to enter a special code.
|PROLINE+ Code||None needed – Click here to sign up|
|Online Since||August 2021|
|Last Updated||October 2023|
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see PROLINE+ Sportsbook for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
PROLINE+ — the fine print!
One of the best aspects about signing up with PROLINE+ is how few terms and conditions there are. Here are the three most important ones:
- You must be at least 19 years old.
- You have to be residing in Ontario.
- You cannot have previously had a player account with OLG.ca or PlayOLG.ca.
Can I trust the PROLINE+ Sportsbook?
Yes, you can trust PROLINE+. It’s a product of Ontario Lottery and Gaming, a Crown corporation owned by the government of Ontario that provides gambling and sports betting in the province.
The World Lottery Association awarded OLG the highest level of certification for its PlaySmart program. PlaySmart provides you with educational materials and other tools to promote and enable responsible gambling.
As for who’s allowed to use PROLINE+, here are the rules:
- You must be 19 or older to open a PROLINE+ account and legally bet on sports.
- You must reside in Ontario to create an account.
- You must be in Ontario to make any wagers with PROLINE+.
Getting started at PROLINE+ online sports betting
To register at PROLINE+, head to the sportsbook site and select the “Register now” button. Next, you will need to fill out the four-step application form, entering the following information:
- Email address
- First and last name
- Home address
- Phone number
You also need to create a username and password, and choose answers for a pair of security questions. As long as PROLINE+ is able to confirm your identity, you’ll be good to go. If not, you will need to submit government issued documents to verify who you are. Typically a valid Ontario driver’s license or a valid Ontario photo card will suffice. If you do not have either of those, PROLINE+ will offer alternatives to get your account set up.
How do I download the PROLINE+ app?
The PROLINE+ app is available for Android and iOS smartphone or tablet, and you should have little to no trouble downloading it. To get started, head to the site via a mobile browser. Once there, select either “Download on the App Store” or “Get it on Google Play” depending on your device. You may need to select the hamburger button in the upper right corner and scroll down to find the button.
From there, the appropriate app store will open to the correct page, and you can complete the download from there.
Why should I choose the PROLINE+ Sportsbook app?
To start with, you’ll be able to place bets on individual games. While parlay betting can be fun, having to get multiple bets right to win can be a pretty tough task.
Additionally, you’re doing business with a legal sportsbook, one that’s owned by the government of Ontario. Offshore sportsbooks can seem appealing, but they don’t have to answer to any authorities in Canada or Ontario, so if something goes wrong with your money or personal info, you may have no legal recourse.
What won’t I like about the PROLINE+ Sportsbook app?
With PROLINE+ being such a new betting option in Canada, it’s actually a little challenging to know what not to like about it. And the reality is, one of the best parts about sports betting in Ontario is the number of choices you’ll likely have going forward.
If everything goes according to plan, you should have the chance to bet with sportsbooks like DraftKings, FanDuel, PointsBet and of course Canada’s own theScore Bet. Because of the competition, each sportsbook will have to produce a good product. Otherwise, consumers will simply go somewhere else.
There are a few things you should be aware of that will help you determine whether any given sportsbook is potentially worthwhile. The most important thing to focus on is the overall odds. Even small differences can end up costing you a lot over time, especially if you’re betting bigger sums of money.
Another possible downside of some betting sites in Canada is not having as many betting options.
As we learn more about PROLINE+, we’ll get a better gauge as to how it rates overall.
What kind of bets can I make at PROLINE+?
With single-event wagering being legalized in Canada you now have the chance to place a variety of standard sports bets. Here’s an example of an Ottawa Senators–Toronto Maple Leafs game listing to help explain some of the common options:
|Ottawa Senators||+1.5 (+104)||+205||Over 7.5 (-106)|
|Toronto Maple Leafs||-1.5 (-125)||-250||Under 7.5 (-114)|
- Moneyline: To win a moneyline wager, the team you bet on has to win the game. The odds indicate the favourite and how much you could win with a correct bet. In the example above, the Leafs are favoured (indicated by the negative moneyline number) and a correct bet on them would win $100 for every $250 that you wagered. A winning Senators bet would claim $205 for every $100 wagered.
- Puck line: Hockey’s version of a point spread bet. The standard spread of 1.5 goals indicates how much the favourite needs to win by and how much the underdog needs to avoid losing by.
- Total: Bet on the total combined score of the game. In the example above, you would be wagering on if the two teams would combine for over 7.5 goals or under 7.5 goals.
- Prop bets: Bet on whether specific things will happen during a game. Here are some potential prop bet examples for this game:
- The second period will be the highest scoring period in the game.
- Auston Matthews will score the first goal of the game.
- The game will go to overtime.
- Futures: Bet on season-long outcomes. Futures betting allows you to bet on the Maple Leafs or Senators to win the Stanley Cup, for instance. You also can place bets on players to win individual awards and various other futures.
- Parlay: Combine multiple bets as one single bet that pays off if you get everything correct. If you get any of your individual picks wrong, you win nothing.
- Round robins: Similar to parlays, but you can still win some money if you don’t get all of your picks correct.
- Live betting: Bet on games that are taking place. As you might expect, live betting odds will change due to what is happening in the game. In our example, the Leafs are favoured before the start of the game, but if the Senators take an early one-goal lead, those odds might shift dramatically. Because of the volatility inherent to live betting, you’ll need to be quick when placing wagers. If you’re not, the odds you’re after could change before you get your bet placed.
Can I bet on the Toronto Raptors at PROLINE PLUS Sportsbook?
Yes, you’ll find bets on the Toronto Raptors and the rest of the NBA at PROLINE+. Along with what we went over above, here are some additional basketball bets you might see:
- First basket: You can bet on either an individual player or a team to score the first basket of the game. The individual player bet offers larger potential payouts given the increased difficulty of getting your bet right.
- Three-way bets: You can bet on either team to win or for the score to be tied at the end of regulation.
- Player props: The most common player props for NBA games are over/unders for players points, assists or rebounds. You also can bet on players to record double-doubles or triple-doubles. Sometimes PROLINE+ will combine stats. For example, you could bet on Pascal Siakam to finish with over 38.5 points, rebounds and assists.
How do I get money on (and off!) PROLINE+ Sportsbook quickly?
Depositing and withdrawing money at PROLINE+ is easy, but before you deposit, you’ll need to set your seven-day deposit limit. This is the amount of money you can deposit during any seven-day period. You can change it, but the change won’t take effect until seven days later.
Once you’ve set your limit these, are your deposit and withdrawal options at PROLINE+.
|Deposit Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Credit/Debit Card (Visa and Mastercard)||$15||Instant|
|Withdrawal Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|E-Check||No Minimum||1-5 Days|
How do I get help at PROLINE+ Sportsbook?
In our estimation, the best way to get help at PROLINE+ is by using the live chat function. That’s because it’s quick, easy and available 24 hours a day. If that does not work, you also can call 1-855-978-7529. The phone number is staffed from 8 a.m. to midnight.
A final option is simply to peruse the frequently asked questions section on either the website or app. Here you’ll find categories to help you get the info you’re looking for.
How do I exclude myself from PROLINE+?
The self-exclusion option at PROLINE+ allows you to completely shut down your sportsbook account. Is a wholly voluntary option and one that might be right if you feel as though sports betting is having a negative effect on your life.
In order to choose the self-exclusion option at PROLINE+, you’ll click the “Self-Exclusion” tab located under your account. You can then elect to close your account for six months or one, two, three, four or five years. When the time period of your choosing is up, you can either extend the self-exclusion or elect to return to sports betting.
Can I bet with PROLINE+ in person?
At this time there are not any retail PROLINE+ Sportsbooks in Canada, although the traditional PRO-LINE (parlay-style bets only) is available at some retail locations.
How does PROLINE+ compare to other Canadian sportsbooks?
Comparing sportsbooks to one another can help you figure out where you want to sign up. Sometimes, it can be beneficial to create an account at more than one sportsbook to be able to shop for the best odds.
- PROLINE+ vs. DraftKings: While DraftKings is one of the top oddsmakers in North America, can be a little lackluster in some areas. Overall though, we really do love DraftKings Sportsbook.
- PROLINE+ vs. PointsBet: One of the things that set PointsBet Sportsbook apart is that it offers a plethora of ways to bet on sports, more than you’ll find at almost all other Ontario online sportsbooks.
- PROLINE+ vs. theScore Bet: Chances are if you’re a Canadian sports fan you’re familiar with theScore. It launched its online sportsbook first in the US, where it offers some solid betting options.
- PROLINE+ vs. FanDuel: While FanDuel Sportsbook got its start as a daily fantasy sports company, it quickly established itself as one of the best sportsbooks around, with quality betting options and just an all-around great experience.
The legal betting age in Ontario is 19. PROLINE+ will confirm your age during the registration process, and you won’t be able to open an account if you’re younger than that.
Probably not. Unlike in the US where gambling winnings are taxable, in Canada both lottery and gambling winnings are considered windfalls, which are not taxable. However, if you are a professional bettor and gambling is your business, you may have to pay taxes. We suggest discussing your specific situation with a Canadian tax lawyer.
You can make a deposit at PROLINE+ using a Visa or Mastercard credit or debit card. These options will instantly put money into your account without charging any fees.
No, in order to cash out winnings from PROLINE+ you’ll do so by registering your bank account and then having funds sent directly to that account.
Yes, single-game sports betting launched in Canada on Aug. 27, 2021. This means you no longer only have the option of placing parlay-style bets.