FanDuel Sportsbook could be arriving in Canada soon. The sportsbook, which originally started out as a daily fantasy sports site, may be one of the first to land in the country if and when laws on online gambling change.
Single-game betting has yet to arrive in Canada, but the country is hoping to change that with the introduction of Bill C-218. If it passes, Canadians will be able to really get involved with online betting, and more sportsbooks will likely aim to launch in the country.
FanDuel is one of the most popular online sportsbooks in the US, and it’s no secret that it will be looking to expand where it can. This review will go through the welcome bonus you could receive from the site, other promotions and more. We’ll also explain everything you need to know about the FanDuel app, desktop site and getting started in general.
What’s great about FanDuel Sportsbook?
- Risk-free first bet for new users.
- Large sports offering.
- Fun and easy-to-use site.
- Reputable sportsbook, now one of the biggest in the US.
FanDuel Canada welcome bonus
FanDuel Canada players will likely have access to a solid welcome offer. We can’t be 100% sure what that offer will look like yet, but we can use FanDuel sites in the US as a reference. When you sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook, you’ll likely receive a risk-free bet offer.
When you make your first deposit and place your first bet at FanDuel, it will determine whether you qualify for its welcome promotion. If your first bet wins, you collect your winnings as normal. If your bet loses, however, FanDuel will provide this welcome bonus.
The sportsbook will credit your account balance with a free bet matching your first wager. This effectively gives you another chance to try out the site without depositing your own money again.
For example, if your first wager is for $150 and it is a loss, FanDuel will give you a $150 free bet. This offer extends all the way up to $1,000.
FanDuel Sportsbook promo code March 2021
It’s easy to claim FanDuel’s welcome offer — just follow our sportsbook link to the site in Canada. This will confirm you are eligible for the promotion. From there, simply create an account. Here’s the basic info you need to know about the promotion.
|Online Sportsbook||FanDuel Sportsbook Canada|
|Welcome Bonus Code||TBD|
|Risk Free Bet||Maximum $1,000 based on the outcome of your first bet|
|Last Updated||March 2021|
More bonus details
There are a few small details about the welcome offer that you should know before signing up for FanDuel. The first is that the risk-free bet applies only to your first bet on the site. If you win that bet, your play will continue as normal.
If your bet loses, you’ll qualify for the welcome offer. This means FanDuel will match your first wager up to $1,000. If you wager $50, you’ll receive a $50 free bet. If you wager $1,200, you’ll receive a $1,000 free bet.
Once you receive your free bet (normally within 72 hours of your bet settlement), you’ll need to meet a 1x wagering requirement in order to withdraw it. You’ll have seven days to use your free bet at the sportsbook.
Regular promotions available at FanDuel
FanDuel Canada offers players way more than its welcome promotion. Once you’ve used your risk-free bet, you’ll then have the opportunity to choose from among other offers on the site. To find them, click through to the promotions page.
FanDuel offers parlay insurance, league mega contests, odds boosts and free bets on its offers page. Here’s a look at what you could find available to you.
- Single Sport Parlay Insurance: Place a parlay with five or more legs on a single sport. If all legs except one come out on top, you’ll receive up to $25 back in site credit. Check the promotions page to find out which sports are involved in the offer this week.
- PlayAction Live Picks: Keep an eye on the live betting page for this one. FanDuel will offer a free live picks contest with real cash payouts during some events.
- Weekly Mega Contests: FanDuel will offer mega contests on certain leagues. Pick your winners each week to score points for every selection you get right. Your points will be added to a scoreboard and FanDuel will give out cash bonuses to the top 100 players at the end of the league.
FanDuel VIP program
FanDuel Sportsbook doesn’t have a VIP rewards program at the moment, but you can receive site credit for referring your friends to the site. When your recruit signs up to FanDuel Canada using your referral link, both you and your friend will receive a $50 bonus. To qualify, your friend must place a single, real money wager of $10 or more within seven days of creating an account. Site credit will then arrive in both accounts within 72 hours.
Is FanDuel legal in Canada?
FanDuel Sportsbook could be one of the very first online sportsbooks to arrive in Canada. For now, however, it is waiting for laws in the country to change. At the moment, Canadians cannot place single-event wagers, and further provincial restrictions make it very difficult for companies to launch. All sportsbooks must also hold a government license in order to operate legally.
This means FanDuel is not currently available to players in Canada. However, the Liberal Party’s new legislation, Bill C-218, has the power to change that. If this bill is passed into law, single-sport wagering will be legalised and sportsbooks will be able to launch.
How to create a FanDuel account
It’s easy to create an account at FanDuel Sportsbook, though you should use our steps in order to qualify for the welcome bonus. First, use our link to head over to the FanDuel site in Canada. This will set the welcome offer up for you. Next, click the “join” button and sign up using the following steps as a guide:
- Type in the best email address for FanDuel to contact you.
- Create the login details for your account, including a secure password.
- Enter your name, mailing address and date of birth into the e-form. FanDuel will request the last four digits of your Social Security number to verify your account.
- Click “join” and allow the sportsbook to access your location. You will then be able to sign in to your account.
- Place a deposit and your first bet. When your bet settles, if it’s a loss, you’ll receive FanDuel’s welcome offer of a free bet in the same amount.
FanDuel Sportsbook app Canada
FanDuel’s app allows you to bet on the go. Simply download the app and connect to Wi-Fi or mobile data to use the product on your smartphone or tablet. The app is available to download onto Apple and Android devices.
The FanDuel Sportsbook app follows a similar layout as the desktop site. Use the navigation bars to move around — you can access the cashier, a full list of available sports and promotions straight from your smartphone.
This sportsbook app is a great way to place bets, track bets, and claim last-minute promotions when you don’t have access to a laptop or desktop computer. This new, more convenient way to bet is growing in popularity, and FanDuel knows exactly what its users want to get out of it. Here’s how to download the app onto your device.
How to download the FanDuel Sportsbook app on iOS
Downloading the FanDuel app is a pretty simple process. First, run a full system update to ensure your Apple device is using iOS 11.0 or higher. You’ll then be able to load this sportsbook review on your iPhone or iPad using Safari and follow our link to the FanDuel site, ensuring you are eligible for the risk-free bet when you register. Register for an account as detailed above, then follow our steps below.
- On the sportsbook’s homepage, click the iOS app prompt to head over to the App Store.
- Install the app via the App Store, and follow FanDuel’s instructions to allow the sportsbook to access your location.
- Open the app and log in to your account. Place your first bet on the app or desktop site to qualify for FanDuel’s welcome offer.
How to download the FanDuel Sportsbook app on Android
Android users can’t download the FanDuel app directly from the Google Play Store at this time. Instead, you’ll need to install the app from the sportsbook’s website. Same as the iOS app, make sure to perform an Android system update.
Open this review on your Android smartphone or device, then click on our FanDuel Sportsbook link. Click to create an account on the mobile site, and follow our instructions below.
- Follow our steps on how to join FanDuel and qualify for the welcome offer.
- On the site homepage, click on the Android app prompt. Click on it to begin the download.
- Open your Android device settings and head into the security menu. Allow installs from unknown sources to successfully use the sportsbook app.
- In your notifications, click on the downloaded .apk app file to install it.
- Launch the app and sign in to your account. Place your first bet to qualify for FanDuel’s welcome offer.
Best features of the FanDuel Sportsbook app
The FanDuel app is great for users who want all the best features of the desktop site in a well-packaged, mobile product. Below, we’ve listed a few of our favourite features of the app.
- Great promotions: At FanDuel, you can access the promotions page, opt in to offers and claim promo codes straight from the app. We like that FanDuel keeps its sportsbook promotions varied — you’ll find odds boosts, free bets and contests, among other perks.
- Constant support access: Customer support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at FanDuel Sportsbook. Get in touch with the team via live chat or email for a fast response. The site also has an FAQ page to help users address common questions.
- Easy to navigate: The app uses a simple layout and menus to make it as easy as possible to get around. You should be able to place wagers on your favourite sports within minutes.
- Secure banking options: The list of banking options at FanDuel is great. You’re likely to find a way to deposit and withdraw cash quickly and in a way that suits you. All banking options are protected by SSL.
How could FanDuel improve?
FanDuel is a fantastic all-round sportsbook. There is, however, always room for improvement. Here are a few small changes we’d like to see happen.
- Remove promotion opt-ins: While the promotions at FanDuel Sportsbook are some of the best out there, players need to opt in for almost all of them. We’d like to see offers automatically applied to qualifying bets, so users never have to miss out on a great offer.
- Rewards program: We’d really like to see FanDuel introduce a rewards program to give back to its players. Something similar to the “missions” available at DraftKings would work really well — complete a mission to receive a free bet.
- Search bar: The app has yet to introduce a search bar, which would make it even quicker to place bets than it already is — especially if you’re looking for more niche options.
FanDuel Sportsbook features and benefits
FanDuel Sportsbook is powered by gambling company IGT. The desktop site runs on all major browsers and is also accessible on smartphones and tablets, if necessary. Unless it’s a really busy day on the site, such as the Super Bowl, you shouldn’t come across any performance issues.
We like that FanDuel has kept the site simple — you won’t come across large ads or flashy banners advertising the latest promotions, just a site where you can place your sports bets.
Use the left menu to move around the site. This will give you a full list of sports, the promotions page, live betting and more. Select a sport from the left menu to view all available games and odds for each. Choose your odds to add them to your betting slip at the bottom right of the site.
If you need to access FanDuel support, head to the footer of the site and click the applicable link.
Types of bets available on FanDuel Sportsbook
Most of the biggest betting options are offered at FanDuel. Think totals, moneylines, props, and futures across most sports. You can choose to place pregame bets or head over to the live betting page to wager on events as they play out. If you prefer long-term bets, place futures on your favourite teams or players.
To get started at FanDuel, open the menu on the left and scroll to find an A-Z list of all available sports. Click on a sport to view available odds — there’s a “see more” option so the site can list as many bets as possible while staying tidy and easy to use.
In some cases, you may be able to change the season using a button at the top-right of the screen. Scroll down the page to see other leagues. Choose your odds to move them over to your betting slip on the right of the site. There, you’ll add wagers to your bets and choose whether to make them into round robins or parlays.
If you prefer in game betting, you’ll notice that FanDuel will offer you an “early cash-out” from time to time. This is your chance to take a smaller win on a bet that you’re not sure will end the way you’d hoped or cut your losses on one you fear is not going your way.
FanDuel has a betting guide linked on the left of the site under the heading “other links.” This covers betting terminology, betting on specific sports and frequently asked questions.
Sports you can bet on at FanDuel
FanDuel Sportsbook offers all the biggest leagues and events in Canada. To view all sports, scroll down the menu on the left of the website. The most popular choices will appear at the top, followed by a complete A-Z list.
When browsing, you’ll see hockey, baseball, basketball and football. If you’re in the mood for something a little different, FanDuel also covers golf, cricket, boxing, cycling and motorsports pretty extensively.
As for the biggest leagues, there isn’t much you won’t find at FanDuel Sportsbook. The NHL, NBA, CFL, MLB and NFL are some of the most-covered on the site, but MLS, F1 and some college leagues are also featured pretty well.
Look for heavy coverage of both the men’s and women’s national hockey teams, the Toronto Blue Jays, Toronto Maple Leafs and the Montreal Canadiens. Here’s a quick overview of what the biggest sports have available on FanDuel.
- Hockey: Look for extensive odds and betting options for both the CHL and NHL. Players can place moneylines, futures, props, spreads and more. FanDuel also covers a few junior hockey teams.
- Baseball: MLB is heavily featured at FanDuel, with totals and moneylines being the most popular betting options. When the playoffs arrive, FanDuel is full of great betting options and promotions for players to try.
- Basketball: Similar to its baseball coverage, FanDuel really gets going when the NBA playoffs arrive. You’ll find moneylines, spreads and totals as default throughout the season, giving you plenty to choose from.
FanDuel futures betting
Futures are perfect for players who prefer to make long-term bets on their favourite sports, teams or players. Take on season-long bets to add a little excitement to your most-watched events.
At FanDuel, there are plenty of options when it comes to futures. Bet on the winner of the Stanley Cup, wager on the NBA team you think will come out on top or pick individual award winners from the NFL.
How to deposit and cash out on the FanDuel app
Here’s an idea of how you can deposit and withdraw cash from your FanDuel Canada account.
How to deposit
Start with a $10 minimum deposit at FanDuel. Here’s how you can fund your account via the cashier, available on both desktop and the sportsbook app.
- Prepaid card
- Credit/debit card
- Online banking
- Wire transfer
How to withdraw
Withdrawing is easy at FanDuel thanks to a good number of payment methods that are secure and easy to use. Withdrawals usually take three to five working days to process. Choose from among:
- Prepaid card
- Online banking
- Check by mail
FanDuel customer support
Accessing support at FanDuel is easy, with representatives available around the clock to help you in any way you need. To get started, scroll to the footer of the FanDuel site and click the “support” link.
You’ll primarily see an FAQ page, which is a great place to start your search. Browse the available categories or use the search bar to help narrow things down. If you need to speak to a member of the customer service team, click the blue chat button at the bottom of the FAQ. You’ll be able to set up a phone call or live chat with a team member.
History of FanDuel
FanDuel launched as a fantasy sports site in 2009, and it jumped on the online sports betting market when the US started to change its gambling laws. With the help of IGT, the operator created a responsive site packed with great sports and betting options.
FanDuel Sportsbook now operates in multiple states across the US, including Indiana, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. If Canada changes its online betting laws, FanDuel could be one of the first to receive a Canadian sports betting license.