Hard Rock Sportsbook Canada Review
Disclaimer: Hard Rock Sportsbook is not yet online in Canada. This review is speculative based on the Hard Rock online sportsbook in the US and will be updated when it launches in Ontario.
Hard Rock Sportsbook is coming to Ontario, and sign up for the online sportsbook right here.
The Hard Rock name appears on casinos and hotels across North America, and its online sportsbook has a presence in a couple of US states already. With online sports betting newly available in Ontario and potentially other provinces to follow, Hard Rock could end up offering sports betting in Canada, as well.
This review will cover what Hard Rock has for sports bettors, from what it’s like to bet on the Hard Rock website and sportsbook app. We’ll consider your banking and support options. No Hard Rock Ontario code is required when joining.
- Quality website and sports betting app.
- Abundant sports and betting options available.
- Competitive odds compared to other Ontario sportsbooks.
- User-friendly platform at Hard Rock.
Hard Rock Sportsbook Canada code 2023
You don’t need a Hard Rock Ontario code, just sign up with our exclusive Hard Rock Canada links and you’ll be taken care of.
|Online Sportsbook||Hard Rock Sportsbook Canada|
|Hard Rock Ontario Code||Not needed|
|Hard Rock Canda Minimum Deposit||$10|
|Last Updated||April 2023|
When is Hard Rock Sportsbook launching in Canada?
For sports bettors in Canada, the year 2021 will go down as a turning point. Parliament voted to modify the criminal code, and now provinces can allow and regulate online sports betting if they wish.
With Ontario the first to welcome sports betting sites in Canada and more provinces likely to follow, Hard Rock will likely launch there first. This is expected at some point in 2022.
Other provinces may follow later. We will update this review if and when they do.
Getting started at Hard Rock Sportsbook in Ontario Canada
Hard Rock makes signing up for an account relatively easy. Follow the steps below to register and start betting with Hard Rock Ontario:
- On the Hard Rock site, select “join now” and enter your details.
- Verify your info and create the account.
- Make a deposit of at least $10 and then get started betting
From start to finish, you’re looking at a few minutes. As for the info, it’s all simple stuff that helps the site verify your identity, such as your name and Social Insurance Number.
Can you bet at Hard Rock Sportsbook via an app?
Yes, Hard Rock is available on iOS and Android. Once you’ve signed up for an account, you can download the app:
- Download Hard Rock on Android by heading to the sportsbook site, scrolling down, and selecting “Download for Android.” You may also need to allow downloads from unknown sources in your phone’s security settings. Once you’ve done that, you should be able to download the .apk file and install the app from there.
- Download Hard Rock on iOS by going to the same spot at the bottom of the sportsbook site, but this time, select “Download on the App Store.” This will open to the correct download page on the Apple App Store, and you can get the app from there.
Once you’ve got the app, just log in and you’ll have access to Hard Rock on your phone or tablet.
What’s great about Hard Rock online sportsbook
Here are some of the features that stood out to us at Hard Rock:
- Simple interface: You shouldn’t have to jump through hoops to navigate around a sportsbook or to place your bets. That’s not an issue with the user-friendly platform at Hard Rock.
- Betting lobby: The little things make a difference. Hard Rock’s betting lobby includes tabs that let you jump ahead to specific days for your sport of choice as opposed to having to scroll to find what you want.
How could Hard Rock improve?
While Hard Rock online betting hits a lot of the right notes, a few tweaks here and there could make it even better:
- Betting options: If you want to bet on a big game or event, it’s here. However, the menu doesn’t extend to many niche options. While not a big deal for many bettors, this could be an issue for some.
- Player props: Player props are a big draw for many bettors, but there just aren’t as many choices here as you might find elsewhere.
Available bets at Hard Rock Sportsbook
When it’s time to bet, there are plenty of options to consider at Hard Rock sports betting. You can pick and choose from the available sports on the menu and just click on what you want. For example, if you’re looking for the next Toronto Raptors game, just click on the NBA link.
The main game listing features the odds for spread, moneyline and total bets. To see other options, just click on the listing to see the available props and alternative betting lines.
You can place parlay and teasers at Hard Rock, as well. When you’re ready, just click on the odds for each of your choices.
If you want to wager on the season as a whole, then check out the futures bets. For one option, you can try to pick the team that will win the next NBA Finals.
Does Hard Rock Sportsbook have bets on Canadian teams?
Yes, you can expect to bet on top local favourites:
- NBA: Toronto Raptors
- MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
- MLS: Toronto FC, Vancouver Whitecaps, CF Montréal
Betting on the CFL season is also a big deal here at home, with loyalties split among the nine teams. The same holds true for the NHL betting, whether it’s the Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadiens, Edmonton Oilers, or any other local favourite.
For the NFL betting, there are regional rooting interests like the Seattle Seahawks and Buffalo Bills, but it really doesn’t matter which team is playing. These games are among the biggest overall attractions at sportsbooks. As for those looking to expand their horizons beyond team sports, options include golf, tennis, and auto racing.
Banking at Hard Rock Sportsbook Canada
Ideally, bettors should have plenty of options for moving funds in and out of their online sportsbook account. Hard Rock delivers on that front. When it’s time to make a deposit, just visit the cashier section and choose from the following:
- ACH e-check
- Credit or debit card
Several of these options will also be available for withdrawals. Deposits will process instantly, while withdrawal times can range from instant to three to five business days, depending on the method you use.
Customer support at Hard Rock Canada Sportsbook
Hard Rock’s FAQ section contains basic information on deposits and withdrawals, house rules and more. If you need more assistance than that, you have three options:
- Email for less-pressing matters.
- Live chat for when you want to talk to someone right away.
- Phone for when you need extra guidance or support.
You can email at any time and wait for a response. Phone and live chat are available most hours of the day, with the queue moving fairly swiftly in our experience.
What if I need a break from Hard Rock?
Hard Rock takes responsible gambling seriously and provides resources for bettors to use. There’s a link at the bottom of the main page where you can find additional information. After you click on it, you’ll see the company’s policy and info on the help available.
Employees receive annual training to recognize problem gambling and information about the resources for those who may need help. You can also get contact info for assistance and services. If you ever need to take a break, you can close your account or set deposit limits.
Does Hard Rock have a retail sportsbook in Canada?
As of this review, no, Hard Rock has not announced plans for a retail sportsbook in Ontario or elsewhere in Canada. This could change going forward, of course.
How does Hard Rock compare to other legal online sportsbooks?
In the world of online sports betting, Hard Rock is a bit behind the industry heavyweights. While its revenue may be lower, though, it is still a solid place to bet. There’s a great selection of sports and wagers, and the odds generally are in line with the overall market.
The web platform is efficient and easy to use, but it lacks the flash that you might find at other sites. If that’s not a game-changer for you, then you’ll find that Hard Rock is a reliable sportsbook that’s worth checking out.
Hard Rock Sportsbook Canada FAQ
There isn’t one. Sign up with Hard Rock Sportsbook and you’ll be able to start betting in a fairly rapid fashion.
If it launches in Ontario, you will need to be 19 or older to place bets there, same as at other online sportsbooks in the province.
You do not. The app is available for convenience if you’re using a phone or tablet, but the Hard Rock website also allows betting via computer or mobile device.
No, there’s no need to make the trek to Hard Rock unless you want to. The entire registration process is available online.
Hard Rock doesn’t have the same level of flash as DraftKings, and it also has fewer features. However, the platform itself is smooth and easy to use.
You’ll need to deposit a minimum of $10 for most methods, though it’s $20 if you want to use PayPal.