Disclaimer: DraftKings sportsbook in not yet available in Canada. DraftKings sportsbook bonus offer will be updated once sports betting becomes legal in Canada.
DraftKings Sportsbook could arrive in Canada, if Ontario legalizes online gambling. While single-event wagering is not yet available in the country, Canada is considering changing its laws around online sports betting in the near future — and DraftKings could be looking to expand.
While there’s no guarantee this will happen, DraftKings CEO Jason Robins said he is “very hopeful that we’ll be able to add both sports betting and iGaming in Ontario” in 2021, according to The Toronto Star.
If it lands, the sportsbook will be looking to share its fantastic site, promotions and betting options with sports fans in the country. It has a strong reputation, and we’re excited to tell you what could be available in Canada if and when DraftKings launches here.
This review will take you through everything we expect to see from DraftKings, if they come to Canada. We’ll look at the potential welcome offer, what the site will look like and the available sports we can expect.
What’s great about DraftKings Canada:
- Great welcome offer when you register for an account.
- Extensive list of sports leagues.
- Easy to use desktop site and app.
- Good ongoing offers for existing players.
DraftKings sportsbook welcome bonus
We’re not yet certain about the welcome offer DraftKings might have for its Canadian users, but we can take a look at its US sites to get a good idea. It’s likely that when you sign up for a DraftKings account in Canada, you’ll receive a two-part promotion: a join bonus just for registering, followed by a first-deposit match offer.
DraftKings will reward you with $25 just for signing up, split into five $5 bets to use on the site. You don’t need to place a deposit to get the bonus; simply register for a sportsbook account.
Once you’ve used your join bonus, it’s time to make a deposit on the site. DraftKings will match your first deposit by 20% up to $1,000, giving you a nice sum of extra cash to use on the site. Altogether, you could receive a maximum of $1,025 in the form of bonus cash.
DraftKings Canada promo code April 2021
To claim the welcome offer, you must follow our link to the site. Then, when registering for an account, enter the promo code as prompted. Here’s the offer you’ll receive.
|Online Sportsbook||DraftKings Sportsbook Canada|
|DraftKings Promo Code||TDB|
|Total Bonus Cash||Maximum $1,025|
|Deposit Bonus||20% match up to $1,000|
|Last Updated||April 2021|
Once you’ve claimed the five free $5 bets, each one needs to meet a 1x wagering requirement before you can withdraw it. The deposit match bonus works a little differently. To claim it, deposit a minimum of $5. From there, the sportsbook will release one dollar of bonus cash for every $25 you wager on the site. You must meet this wagering requirement within 90 days of receiving the bonus cash.
Regular promotions available at DraftKings
DraftKings has a dedicated promotions page, which is great for keeping up to date on all the latest offers. Here are a couple of common promotions at DraftKings:
- Daily odds boosts: The daily odds boost promotion at DraftKings gives you a great opportunity to increase your potential winnings. If you place a bet with boosted odds and it wins, you’ll receive a larger sum than normal.
- Refer a friend: At DraftKings, players can refer friends to receive a bonus. Send your referral link to friends, and receive a $50 bonus if they sign up and place a $5 wager.
DraftKings VIP program
You’ll also earn loyalty rewards based on your play at DraftKings. Place wagers to collect points, and take part in missions to earn sportsbook bonuses. Head to your personal rewards page on the site to track your loyalty points and the bonuses available to you.
Is DraftKings legal in Canada?
There’s currently a number of restrictions on online sports betting in Canada. Sites that wish to launch in the country must hold a government-issued license, and provincial restrictions have led to further uncertainties. Right now, Canadians can only create parlay sports bets.
This means that as of now, DraftKings is not available to players in Canada. This may be about to change, however, as the country is looking to legalize single-event wagers in the near future. The Liberal Party has submitted Bill C-218 to propose the change, which would open a new window of opportunity for sports betting in Canada.
If the bill passes, it’s likely that DraftKings would be one of the first sportsbooks to apply for a Canadian license. As one of the biggest online sportsbooks in the US, it’s likely the company will be looking to expand more.
The current legal gambling age in Canada changes based on province and the type of betting you’re taking part in. At the moment, it’s 18 or 19. This may change for online sports betting if single-event betting is legalized.
How to create a DraftKings account
It’s pretty easy to create an account at DraftKings Sportsbook, just make sure to qualify for the welcome offer. Once you’ve clicked on the DraftKings link above and arrived at the site, click on the green sign up button at the top of the site to create an account. Then follow these steps:
- Enter your email address and create a sportsbook username and password.
- Enter the promo code, and read and agree to the terms and conditions of the site.
- Enter your personal details in order to verify your identity. DraftKings will ask for your name, home address and date of birth. The site requires the last four digits of your Social Security number to confirm your information is correct.
- Verify your account using text and allow the sportsbook to access your location.
- You should be ready to go, with the free bonus bets added to your account.
DraftKings Canada app
DraftKings has developed its own app for sports fans to use while on the go. It works using a mobile data or Wi-Fi connection and has many of the features available on the desktop site. Using the app, you’ll be able to wager, track your bets, deposit and withdraw cash, access offers and use promo codes.
Players with either Android or Apple devices can download the app. It’s optimized to work across smartphones and tablets. With a simple layout and banking features, it’s easy to deposit cash and place bets. Here’s how to download the app onto your phone or tablet.
How to download the DraftKings sportsbook app on iOS
You can download the DraftKings app onto your iPhone or iPad with ease. Before starting, perform a system update on your device and clear enough storage for the app to install. Using Safari, load this review on your device and click on our DraftKings link. Once the DraftKings site has loaded, follow the steps below:
- Create an account using the mobile site. Enter the promo code when prompted.
- Head to the sportsbook’s homepage and scroll down to find and click the App Store button.
- Download the app from the App Store.
- Launch the app and sign in. Your welcome bonus should then land in your account.
How to download the DraftKings app on Android
Android users need to download the DraftKings app directly from the website. To do so, complete an Android software update then load this review on your device. Click on the DraftKings link to qualify for the welcome offer and be redirected to the site. Then, follow these steps:
- Create an account at DraftKings using the app.
- Scroll down the site’s homepage to find the Android app button. Clicking on this will automatically start the app download.
- Head to your settings and then the security menu. Allow installs from unknown sources — this is necessary as the app is not coming from the Google Play Store.
- Open your notifications menu and click on the finished download to begin the installation process.
- Launch the app and sign in to receive the DraftKings welcome bonus and get started.
Best features of the DraftKings sportsbook app
The DraftKings app has a number of fun and distinctive features for users to enjoy. Here are a few of our favourites that you should definitely look out for when using the app:
- Stats hub: DraftKings works hard to make sure its users have access to helpful betting information. On the app, you’ll find a stats hub dedicated to helping you make the most educated bets possible. You’ll have access to a range of statistics on teams, individual players, team performance over time and more.
- Simple layout: We like that DraftKings makes it easy for users to browse its mobile platform. Though there’s plenty of choices packed into the app, you’ll find it really easy to navigate — simply use the top and bottom navigation bars to make your way around.
- Great live betting interface: DraftKings always has plenty of options for players who enjoy live betting. You’ll see the odds change in real time, and be able to add wagers to your bet slip quickly and easily.
- Dedicated promotions page: It’s easy to keep an eye on the sportsbook’s latest offers using its promotions page. You’ll also see a number of offers advertised on the homepage of the app — if you like what you see, simply click the green opt-in button for more information.
How could DraftKings improve?
Though DraftKings is one of the top sportsbooks out there, there’s room for improvement in any site. Here’s a couple of things DraftKings could do better.
- More promotions: It would be nice to see DraftKings mix up its promotions. While its current offers are easy to find and browse, we’d like to see a little more variety than the usual odds boosts and refer-a-friend program. The site has a great welcome offer, and it would be nice to see more of that for existing players.
- More control over notifications: DraftKings players can currently choose to receive notifications for everything on the site, or nothing at all. We’d like to be able to set preferences on the notifications we receive to ensure we’re in the know without feeling bombarded.
DraftKings features and benefits
The DraftKings desktop site is fast and works smoothly across all browser platforms. You can also access the desktop site on mobile without downloading the app, should you wish.
DraftKings starts its site with a simple navigation bar, allowing users to access banking promotions, ongoing bets and more. You’ll then see a drop-down menu listing all the sports available at DraftKings Canada.
The site uses tabs to allow users to change the betting options onscreen. Change between props, game lines and more. When you choose a sport, you’ll see the odds for point spreads, moneylines and totals as default.
DraftKings also prides itself on the betting information it provides, allowing you to make educated and informed bets. The sportsbook offers facts and stats on team history, how the current game is playing out and your previous bets.
We also like that the site avoids flashy ads. It keeps everything very simple — to view promotions, click through to the promotions page. You won’t be distracted by loud offers on this site.
Types of bets available on DraftKings
DraftKings covers all bases with its bet types. Think moneylines, point spreads, totals, props and futures. Players can place pregame and in game bets. When you choose a sport on the DraftKings site, you’ll then be able to change the bet types you view onscreen.
Players who are new to sports betting or want a quick refresher course can open the “How to Bet” guide linked in the footer of the site. This covers moneylines, point spreads, parlays, over/unders and live betting.
The site’s homepage often advertises popular live betting games. Click to head to the in game betting page, and view your betting options for each event. Select your odds to add them to your betting slip, where you can then choose to place them as single bets or string multiple selections together into a parlay or round robin.
The sportsbook also has a Flash Bet option, which allows players to deposit and bet as quickly as possible by saving banking details on the site securely.
When live betting, DraftKings gives you the option to cash out early at times. Do this by clicking on the “My Bets” button, and choosing to cash out at a price that the sportsbook offers. This option is only available at certain times during live games, allowing you to take a smaller win if you don’t think your bet is going to play out in your favour.
Sports you can bet on at DraftKings
DraftKings extensively covers hockey, basketball, football and baseball, and you’ll also find cricket, motorsports, tennis and golf if you’re looking for something a little different. You’ll be able to bet on all the major leagues — DraftKings follows the CFL and NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA and MLS in detail.
You’ll find odds on both the men’s and women’s national hockey teams, as well as the Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Blue Jays, Montreal Canadiens, Vancouver Canucks, Toronto Raptors and national soccer team. Here’s a small rundown of the biggest sports available:
- Hockey: DraftKings covers both the Canadian Hockey League and National Hockey League comprehensively. Look for moneylines as default, but also a host of other betting options, including futures, spreads and props.
- Basketball: You’ll see a very large NBA listing at this sportsbook, with even more available during the playoffs — this is when you’ll really see props start to take hold. Promotions often cover the NBA Finals and March Madness.
- Baseball: Every game of the MLB season is featured at DraftKings Sportsbook. Look for run lines, totals and moneyline betting. Additional markets appear for the playoffs.
- Football: The CFL and NFL are available. Each game defaults to straight bets, but you’ll also find quarter betting, player props and other additional markets.
DraftKings futures betting
The futures market at DraftKings is ever-growing in Canada. This allows you to place long-term bets on certain teams and leagues, making it even more interesting to watch how your favourites fare over the course of the season.
For example, DraftKings users can place a futures bet on the winner of the CFL. Select a sport on the site to view all available future markets.
Look for futures on the Super Bowl, NBA Finals and Stanley Cup winners. You’ll also be able to wager on your favourite teams to have a positive overall season, or your favourite players to thrive. As futures grow in popularity, we’re likely to see even more at DraftKings.
How to deposit and cash out on the DraftKings app
DraftKings offers numerous banking methods to its players. The offering is admittedly less than other sites, but all options have been vetted and are safe to use. The site also uses SSL encryption to protect its players when banking.
Deposit a minimum of $5 at DraftKings to see it land in your account immediately. The maximum deposit for new accounts is $2,500. Here are the banking options available for depositing:
- Online banking
- Credit/debit card
- Prepaid card
There are fewer withdrawal methods at DraftKings, but they still cover all bases. Withdrawals generally take three to five working days to process and land in your bank. Here are the options:
- Online banking
DraftKings Canada customer support
Customer support at DraftKings is fantastic. To access support, click the help button on the homepage. This will take you to the FAQ page, which uses categories and a search bar to help you find the answers you’re looking for. Questions cover banking, promotions, accounts and responsible gambling.
If you need to get in touch with the support team, use the live chat or email options. Both options offer around-the-clock support; just click the “contact” button on the FAQ page. The customer support message form is another good way to get in touch with the team. Simply explain your issue and include your sportsbook username.
The DraftKings customer support team is friendly and happy to help with any issues you may have, including closing your account should you wish to. The sportsbook has a responsible gambling policy, which you can access at any time via the sportsbook site.
History of DraftKings
DraftKings first launched as a fantasy sports site. The company started out in Boston in the US and is owned by Diamond Eagle Acquisition Corp. Over time, the platform grew in popularity and is now one of the biggest online sports platforms in the US.
DraftKings has expanded across the US over the last couple of years as betting laws began to change. It’s now likely the site will apply for a Canadian sports betting license as soon as it can. If Bill C-218 passes, single-event wagering could be allowed in the country and the sportsbook will have the perfect opening into the market.