DraftKings Sportsbook Ontario – 2023 Welcome Offer
The DraftKings Ontario app is finally live for online sports bettors and features single-game parlays, props and futures on almost every market imaginable. You can sign up with DraftKings Sportsbook in Ontario here.
The online sportsbook is incredibly easy-to-use, with clear menus and a simplified betting slip. DraftKings recognizes the importance of live and in-game betting, and it’s clear it prioritized this here.
Read on for more details on what you can expect from DraftKings Sportsbook Ontario, including how to get started, where to get the native app for Apple or Android products, and how to get signed up and start betting right away.
What is the DraftKings Sportsbook sign-up code for Canada?
DraftKings does not require a code to create an account. You can download the app here, complete the registration form and verify your account within a few minutes.
|DraftKings Ontario Referral Code||None – Click to sign up|
|Deposit Options||PayPal, Credit/debit card, Prepaid card, Online bank transfer, EcoPayz|
|Best Features||Free-to-play pools; Abundance of betting options; Top-notch odds across the board|
|Last Updated||October 2023|
DraftKings Sportsbook Canada top upcoming sporting events Sept. 6-Oct. 8
Here are the best betting events on the DraftKings Sportsbook app in Canada for today through October 8.
- NFL Football: Week 1 of the NFL regular season is upon us and DraftKings Sportsbook has point spreads, moneyline bets, and total bets on every game. On September 7, the Detroit Lions are +5.5-point underdogs against the defending Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs. The over/under on DraftKings Sportsbook is 53.5. On September 10, the New England Patriots are 4-point underdogs when hosting the NFC Champion Philadelphia Eagles, while the Minnesota Vikings are 6-point home favorites when they host the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Later in the day, the Seattle Seahawks will be 5.5-point home favorites when they host the Los Angeles Rams. To wrap up NFL Week 1, the Buffalo Bills will be 2.5-point favorites when they visit the New York Jets. DraftKings has the Bills installed as 8-point home favorites against the Las Vegas Raiders in their September 17 home opener, then have them as a 4.5-point favorite on the road on September 24 against the Washington Commanders. The Bills are 3.5-point favorites when they host the Miami Dolphins on October 1, then will be 3.5-point favorites when they visit London, England to take on the Jacksonville Jaguars on October 8. As one can see, DraftKings Sportsbook already has odds posted for most games on the NFL schedule for the coming month.
- MLB Baseball: The Major League Baseball season is in its final month and the Toronto Blue Jays remain alive for an American League Wild Card spot. In fact, the Blue Jays are in good position to win the final Wild Card spot if they take care of business. First, Toronto plays two cellar dwellers in the Oakland A’s and Kansas City Royals in the week of September 4 to September 10. For their September 5 game with the Athletics, the Blue Jays are a 1.5-run spread favorite or a -185 moneyline favorite. The game has an over/under of 8 runs. After playing the two teams with the worst record in the American League, the Blue Jays host the Texas Rangers for a four-game series in the week of September 11 to September 17. The Texas Rangers are the team the Blue Jays must catch, and the Rangers have tumbled down the standings due mainly to trouble with their bullpen. Both the Seattle Mariners and Houston Astros have leapfrogged Texas in the past month, so it would be no surprise if Toronto did the same. After the Rangers series, the Blue Jays finish the regular season with 5 series against AL East rivals: one against the Red Sox, two against the Yankees, and two against the Rays. If their final four weeks go well, the Blue Jays could be playing a Wild Card game sometime between October 3 and October 5. Whatever happens, DraftKings Sportsbook will have odds on every single Toronto Blue Jays game until the end of their season.
- FIBA Basketball World Cup: The 2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup continues through September 10 in Japan, the Philippines, and Indonesia. Canada’s squad, led by the Denver Nuggets’ Jamal Murray and the Oklahoma City Thunders’ Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, has a strong chance of winning the FIBA World Cup. Canada is an 8.5-point favorite in its quarterfinal game against Slovenia on September 6, while Germany is a 9.5 favorite to advance against Latvia on the same day. Many expected the USA National Team to win the tournament, but they were defeated by Lithuania on September 3. Serbia subsequently eliminated Lithuania 87-68 on September 5, while the USA bounced back with a 100-63 win in its next game against Italy on the same day. The USA remains the favorite to win the FIBA World Cup with -180 odds, while Canada is a strong contender at +400 odds. Serbia is next with +600 odds, while Germany is next with +800 odds. The remaining teams in the tournament have longshot odds, as Slovenia sits at +2200 and Latvia sits at +6500.
- ATP U.S. Open: The 2023 U.S. Open is in its second week of play and ends with the Men’s Final on September 10. No more Canadians are in the men’s singles or doubles tournaments. Instead, pre-tournament favorites Novak Djokovic and Carlos Alcaraz seem destined for a showdown in the final. Djokovic has -145 odds to win outright, while Alcaraz has +160 odds. Daniil Medvedev, who won the tournament in 2021, is the only other remaining player with odds at +1000 or lower. Three Americans remain, but each is considered a long shot to end the 20-year drought of US men’s tennis without a major winner. Frances Tiafoe has +2800 odds, while Taylor Fritz has +6500 odds, and Ben Shelton has +8000 odds. Speaking of Taylor Fritz, he dropped the first set on September 5 to Novak Djokovic and is now +1600 to win the match. Djokovic, who won the first set 6-1, has -10000 to win the match. Also on September 5, Frances Tiafoe is a -250 favorite to advance against Ben Shelton (+205). On September 6, Daniil Medvedev is a -235 favorite on DraftKings Sportsbook to defeat fellow Russian Andrey Rublev (+195). On the same day, Carlos Alcaraz has -425 odds to defeat Alexander Zverev (+330).
- WTA U.S. Open: In the women’s bracket, it’s a wide-open event after 20th-ranked Jelena Ostapenko defeated defending champion Iga Swiatek. Coco Gauff easily defeated Ostapenko in a quarterfinal match with a 6-0, 6-2 score and is the first women’s player into the semifinals. In the other September 5 match, Sorana Cirstea is a +165 underdog to defeat Karolina Muchova (-205). On September 6, Aryna Sabalenka is a -360 favorite against Qinwen Zheng (+275), while Madison Keys has -130 odds to defeat Marketa Vondrousova (+105). Those who want to bet on Canadian tennis should consider the U.S. Open Women’s Doubles quarterfinal match between the pair of Canada’s Leylah Fernandez and the USA’s Taylor Townsend and the pair of Canada’s Gabriela Dabrowski and New Zealand’s Erin Routliffe. DraftKings Sportsbook has the Fernandez/Townsend pairing as big favorites in the September 5 match, as they have -475 odds when they take on the Dabroswki/Routliffe duo. Whoever wins, a Canadian doubles player will be in a U.S. Open Women’s Doubles semifinal match.
- NCAA Football: As the NCAA football season enters its second full week of play, DraftKings Sportsbook has odds on most games. Though the first month of the season has a lot of mismatches due to non-conference scheduling, college football has several matchups between perennial powerhouses in the next month. One good example is on the September 9 schedule, when the #11 Texas Longhorns visit Tuscaloosa to take on the #4 Crimson Tide of Alabama. DraftKings has Alabama as a 7.5-point favorite in the game. Another big game on September 9 is #11 Colorado hosting unranked Nebraska with the Buffaloes as a 3-point home favorite. Just a week ago, Colorado would have been the underdog, but the Buffaloes’ defeat of the #17 TCU Horned Frogs opened many eyes about Deion Sanders’ tenure at Colorado. Later in the month, the schedule includes showdowns between Tennessee and Florida, Ohio State and Notre Dame, and Colorado and USC. If Canadians want to place a bet on the winner of the 2024 National Championship, visit DraftKings Sportsbook’s College Football Futures page listed as “NCAAF CFP 2023-24” to see the odds. Georgia is +240 to three-peat, while Alabama has +550 odds to win the title. Michigan is next at +700, while Ohio State has +900 odds. Florida State has +1100 odds after upsetting #5 LSU, while USC has +1500 odds. Penn State (+2200), Texas (+2500), and Notre Dame (+2800) also have realistic odds to win the college football National Championship Game.
- Ryder Cup: From September 29 to October 1, the 2023 Ryder Cup will command the golf world’s attention on Marco Simone Golf and Country Club in Rome, Italy. The USA is a -120 favorite to win the 2023 Ryder Cup outright, while Europe has +125 odds to reverse its defeat from 2021. If someone bets on a tie, they receive a payout on +1200 odds. DraftKings Sportsbook also has odds on the proposition “To Lift the Trophy”. Because the defending champion retains the Ryder Cup in case of a tie, this bet is based on which team lifts the trophy at the end of the event. In this case, the USA has -165 odds, while Europe has +135 odds to lift the trophy. Those backing the European side should note they’ll get better odds if they bet on the Europeans “To Lift the Trophy” than they would if they made the “Winner” bet — though its chances of happening are the same from the perspective of a bettor on Europe.
Is DraftKings Sportsbook legal in Ontario?
Yes, DraftKings Sportsbook is legal in Ontario and licensed by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario and is approved by iGaming Ontario.
You need to be 19 or older to bet online in Ontario. The DraftKings Ontario app will also check your location to verify that you’re within the province when you want to place any bets.
Downloading the DraftKings sports betting app in ON
The DraftKings app is a good place to start if you want fast access to sports betting in Ontario from your smartphone or tablet. It has quickly become one of the most popular sports betting apps in Ontario, with an average rating of 3.4. You can download it for either iOS or Android, and it works well across most phones and tablets. Here’s how to download it:
DraftKings App for iOS
The DraftKings Sportsbook app is available for both iPhones and iPads. Follow these steps:
- On the DraftKings Sportsbook website, scroll down and select “Sportsbook mobile app” from the footer.
- Select the button with the Apple logo that says “Download on the App Store.” This will redirect you to the correct download page on the store.
- Download the app and sign in to begin using it.
DraftKings App for Android
The sportsbook app also is available on Android:
- Select “Sportsbook mobile app” on the DraftKings Sportsbook website.
- Choose “Download for Android.”
- Follow the prompts on the next page to complete the installation process, after which you can log in and start using the app.
DraftKings mobile app registration process in Ontario
DraftKings puts a huge focus on usability, and you’ll likely notice how easy it is to navigate the app and place bets. Use the bar along the bottom of your screen to access the homepage, live betting, your bet slip, and more at the touch of a button. Or you can use the icons at the top of your screen to select a sport. The cashier and account settings are available at the top right corner of the app.
If you wish to create a DraftKings account in Ontario, just follow the download steps above and, once you’ve downloaded the app, hit the “Join Now” button and enter the following information:
- Full name
- Email address
- Username and password for your account
- Canadian home address
- Date of birth
Once you’re registered, make your first deposit on the site. You can start placing bets on the app as soon as you wish — just follow the steps below.
- Choose your sport from the icons in the top navigation bar of the app. Alternatively, access a full list of available sports through the app’s main menu.
- Navigate to the league you’d like to bet on, then scroll to find your desired game and wager.
- Select your odds to add them to your bet slip.
- Once you’ve made your selections, open your bet slip via the button at the bottom of your screen. From there, you can add your wager amount.
- Hit the button to place your bet. You can then track your selections in the “My Bets” section of the app.
DraftKings mobile app preview
DraftKings Sportsbook markets: spreads, parlays, props & futures
DraftKings covers all the usual bets you would expect from an online sportsbook of its stature. This includes totals, moneylines, point spreads, parlays and teaser bets. You’ll find all these bets available for a wide selection of sports, too.
If you were to head over to the baseball betting page, for example, you’d find plenty of bets on the Toronto Blue Jays odds. You could bet on the winner of their next game, wager on how many runs the two teams will combine to score, or even just bet on which team will be leading after five innings. Props are also available — so you could bet on Vladimir Guerrero Jr. to get a hit, score a run or hit a homer, for example.
You’ll find similar options for betting on basketball games. If you’re looking for odds on the Toronto Raptors, there will be plenty to browse. Wager on the first half of the game, pick the player to score the most points, or you might want to place a futures bet. In this case, you could bet on the Raptors to win the NBA title, or on a specific player to win the league MVP at the end of the year. Another popular NBA bet is wagering on which player will score a game’s first basket.
DraftKings offers one of the broadest betting selections you’re likely to find. The FanDuel betting app is likely to be right there, too, but DraftKings really is a leader in sports betting.
What are the most popular bets at DraftKings Sportsbook in Canada?
It’s not unusual that totals, moneylines and point spread bets are among the most popular at DraftKings, as these are the three main options you’ll find at most sportsbooks. Prop betting is also becoming ever-more popular as users gravitate toward novel bets, like the first player to score and how many strikeouts a pitcher will end up with.
You can find these by selecting your sport then clicking on the props tab.
DraftKings Sportsbook covers player and team stats heavily, meaning these get a lot of attention from bettors. Head over to the NBA betting odds page to find lines on the highest-scoring team, the team with the most rebounds per game, the scoring leader, the assists leader and more.
Live betting is also very popular at DraftKings in Ontario. You’ll see live games appear on the sportsbook’s homepage as you log in, and it’s a similar story on the app. Clicking on any individual game will show you your options. For example, you’re likely to find game lines, live props and period bets all available on a live hockey game.
Is DraftKings the best sportsbook in Ontario?
If you’re going to sign up for an online sportsbook in Ontario, then starting with one of the biggest names in the business isn’t a bad idea. It’s good to know you’re in safe hands, and DraftKings’ experience and focus on responsible gambling are things we like to see.
Overall, DraftKings is a fantastic online sportsbook with plenty of pregame, live and futures betting options. Registration is easy, banking is simple, and there’s a great app available so you can access all the same features on your phone or tablet.
What’s great about the DraftKings app in Ontario:
- Tons of prop bets: All sportsbooks have moneyline, spread, and totals betting markets, but not all have the vast number of prop betting options that you’ll find at DraftKings.
- Great odds: The odds across the board at DraftKings are some of the best you’ll find as well. The difference between a -110 and -115 line might not seem like a lot, but it adds up quickly, especially when creating parlays.
- DraftKings pools: Pick your content to join pools at DraftKings. Here, you’ll make predictions on upcoming games and move up the leaderboard if your choices are correct. You can also create private pools to play with your friends and family.
Areas in need of improvement:
- Lack of a search bar: The lack of a search bar is surprising since DraftKings is one of the best online oddsmakers you’ll find. While we would love the DraftKings mobile app and website to include a search bar this is not a major issue.
- Lack of DFS: One of our favorite aspects of DraftKings is its daily fantasy sports offering. Regrettably, DraftKings had to pull its fantasy site from Ontario on April 4, 2022, when online sports betting when live.
Deposit and withdrawal options at DraftKings Ontario
Banking at DraftKings is fast, and the sportsbook uses a variety of security measures to protect your information. The minimum deposit required is $10, and funds will transfer to your account immediately. Here are all the deposit options:
- Credit/debit card
- Prepaid card
- Online bank transfer
How to withdraw money from the DraftKings app
Most withdrawal options at DraftKings allow access to your funds within five business days. Simply head over to the cashier, request your withdrawal, then wait for DraftKings to process it. Here are your withdrawal choices:
- Online banking
- VIP Preferred
- Play+ prepaid card
- Wire transfer
- Check by mail
Customer support options
The DraftKings Ontario app features a help centre. Just scroll to the bottom of the site or click the help button on the app to head to the FAQ page. It covers banking, how to place bets, account issues and more. The FAQ also has a search bar to help you locate specific queries.
You can also contact customer support if you can’t find the answer you’re looking for. Open a live chat by clicking the green support button at the bottom of the site, or click the contact button within the FAQ. There, you’ll find details on how to submit a support request or send an email directly to the customer service department.
DraftKings Sportsbook FAQ
There isn’t one. Simply register for DraftKings Ontario here to get in on the action.
You must be at least 19 years old to create an account at DraftKings in Ontario. The online sportsbook will verify both your age and identity as well as confirm your location through geo-tracking software.
Yes, DraftKings is a trustworthy sports betting site. It was approved by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario and iGaming Ontario.
Yes, you can see if any of your bets are eligible to cash out on the “My Bets” page. The yellow cash-out button on this page will list any bets open to this feature, along with the payout you would receive.