Welcome to our page dedicated to no deposit casinos for Canadian players! By skimming through this page, you will find a list of some of the most reputable online casino operators that have no deposit bonuses for new casino players in Ontario and across Canada.
No deposit bonuses are some of the most popular online casino promotions. With them, you can start playing your favourite casino games without risking a dime. Just register on the casino site of your choice and the bonus funds will automatically be transferred to your account. If you get lucky, you can turn no deposit bonuses into withdrawable cash, and we will tell you how to do it.
This page provides a list of the best instant cash offers available, how to unlock them, what sort of things you need to pay attention to when using them, and more.
Best Online Casinos for No Deposit Bonuses in Canada
Not all online casinos are created equal. Some of them have sleek software that offers the smoothest navigation imaginable, but others are choppy and hard to negotiate. Some of them have terrific no deposit offers and deals, and some of them are quite stingy. So, here are the best of the best when it comes to no deposit bonuses that you can find in Canadian online casinos:
- DraftKings Casino – DraftKings features a wealth of slots options and one of the deepest lineups of table games that you’re likely to find on any online casino site. Most strikingly, DraftKings offers more variants of blackjack alone than some sites have in their entire table games section. So, if you’re looking for an endless variety of games to play, DraftKings is a great place to go.
- FanDuel Casino – Although FanDuel Casino has plenty of slots and table games for you to play, its true strength lies in its live dealer games. There are eight different options for you to play, including round-the-clock blackjack options with flesh-and-blood dealers running the games.
- BetMGM Casino – BetMGM Casino is the online casino wing of one of the world’s largest casino companies, MGM Resorts. So, as befitting a brand with such a large footprint, you’ll find a casino site with a ton of different features to explore. Perhaps the biggest eyecatcher on BetMGM is the sheer volume of exclusive titles and games on the site. In addition to several million-dollar jackpot slots that you can only find on BetMGM, there are proprietary table games like Blackjack Fortune Spinner, Black and Yellow Roulette, and Premium Blackjack Pro. Use promo code PLAYNJFREE to get your bonus when you start an account on BetMGM.
- Caesars Online – There’s no surprise that Caesars Online represents the massive casino company of the same name. To be frank, its offerings onsite are not as overwhelming and copious as you might expect from such a big name. However, there is one element that sets Caesars Online apart from the competition – the preponderance of MEGAWAYS slots. These games are regular slots at their core, but come with, literally, hundreds of thousands of ways to win on every spin. In some cases, there are more than 1 million paylines. Caesars doesn’t have a no deposit bonus at the moment, but there are always free bonuses available throughout the week to reward you in other ways.
- Stars Casino – Stars Casino is the slick online casino that pairs with PokerStars, one of the world’s largest online poker sites. The site is filled with gorgeous slots that appeal to both the eye and ear in tremendous measure. However, there are noticeably fewer game options for players than you might expect on a big-name site. The only saving grace is the prominence of its race promotion, which is a constant contest that rewards you for your frequent play. Stars isn’t giving away free money right now, but the site always has plenty of great deals that you can use to your advantage.
What are no deposit bonuses?
No deposit bonuses are just what they sound like — bonuses you can claim as a new player on a casino site without the need to make a deposit beforehand.
These offers are exclusive to new account holders. If you already have an account on a given casino site and you already made a deposit there, you won’t be eligible for the no deposit bonus.
No deposit promotions are ideal for new players and people who want to try a website out without risking their own money. By creating an account, you will be given a small sum of bonus money you can use on the casino’s selected games.
Because they are free, no deposit offers are usually much smaller than bonuses that do require a deposit. But that’s still good enough, as most games can be played with only a few cents per round.
Of course, you won’t be able to cash out the bonus money right away. Otherwise, the casinos would get exploited and would never offer these kinds of bonuses. Instead, you will be required to play with the bonus money a certain number of times before being eligible to request a withdrawal. This requirement is called wagering or playthrough; we will discuss it in a bit.
For now, you should know that no deposit bonuses are advantageous, no matter how you look at them. If you lose the funds, you haven’t lost anything since you didn’t deposit anything, to begin with, and you still had some fun in the process. If you win, there’s a chance for you to turn the bonus funds into withdrawable cash. So, it’s a win-win situation.
What are the different types of bonus offers?
While no deposit bonuses are quite common on casino sites, they are far from being the only type of offer available. Here are some other popular bonus offers you can run into while playing in online casinos:
First deposit bonuses
Most online casinos will require you to deposit picking up their welcome offer. You will usually get a 100% match on your initial deposit that will go up to a certain amount.
This means that you decide how big the bonus you get will be. Of course, if you decide to deposit only a small amount, then the bonus will be small as well. Some generous casinos offer a 200% or even 300% match on your deposit, and some have entire welcome packages that reward you for making the second and third deposit as well.
Reload bonuses are the same as first deposit bonuses, but instead of being a part of the welcome offer, they are reserved for the players who have already deposited in the past. Reload bonuses are often smaller than the bonuses given on the initial deposit, and they come periodically (usually once a month).
Free spin offers
Plenty of casinos that want to promote their latest video slots offers free spins bonuses. Instead of bonus cash, you will be getting a certain number of spins for the operator’s selected video slot titles.
The number of free spins can vary, and the spins are usually released in increments, meaning that you won’t be able to use them all at once. Some casinos offer free spins together with their first deposit bonuses, while you can also run into no deposit free spins.
While these types of offers are often associated with online sportsbooks, some online casinos also have them on their list of promotions. Cashbacks allow you to get a percentage of your net losses back after you’ve had an unlucky streak.
For example, a casino might offer you a 10% cashback on your net losses for the past week, so if you’ve lost in that period, the casino will give you 10% of your losses back in the form of a bonus.
VIP and loyalty programs
Many casinos reward the loyalty of their customers by offering them various perks for playing on the website for longer periods. Once you have amassed enough loyalty points by wagering, you will progress through VIP levels, thus unlocking bigger bonuses, getting higher deposit and withdrawal limits, and gaining access to exclusive VIP games, among other things.
What can I win?
No deposit bonuses allow you to win real withdrawable cash, although you will first need to meet the wagering requirements. While this is a big obstacle, it is not completely insurmountable.
There are numerous cases of players winning large sums of money just by playing with their no deposit bonus. As you already know, casino games can be very unpredictable and you never know when you can hit that big jackpot.
Of course, casinos want to protect themselves from getting exploited, which is why they often put a cap on bonus winnings. Still, they do give you a chance to win some money with the bonus, and you can’t lose anything either way.
How to claim a free no deposit bonus
Claiming a no deposit bonus is easy. If you know your way around online casinos, you probably know the drill. But if online gambling is a whole new experience for you, here’s what you need to do.
We’ve created an easy-to-follow step-by-step guide that will help you claim a no deposit offer on any given casino site. Follow these steps carefully and you’ll start playing with your bonus in no time:
- Choose a reputable casino site you know has a no deposit bonus.
- Start the registration process on the website by filling out a form. Enter your details (name, date of birth, country of residence, etc.).
- Wait for the operator to send you an activation code or link through which you can activate your account.
- After your account has been activated, you should be credited with the bonus funds automatically. However, in some cases, you will need to navigate to your profile and activate the offer manually.
- Once the bonus is ready to be used, you can start playing. Good luck!
Do I need a no deposit bonus code?
Some online casinos will require you to use a bonus code to claim the offer. No deposit bonus codes can usually be found on the casino site itself, but we always make sure to mention bonus codes in our reviews.
Depending on the casino, you will need to input the bonus code in the designated field during the registration. The bonus code will look like NODEPOSIT10 or something along those lines. Just make sure to type in the bonus code correctly, using all caps and with no spaces between the words and numbers.
What are playthrough requirements?
So far, we’ve mentioned playthrough requirements (also called wagering requirements or rollover) several times in our article, and you might be wondering what they mean and why they are so important.
Wagering requirements are what keep you from withdrawing your bonus funds right away. To protect themselves from being exploited, casinos make you play through your bonus before allowing you to request a withdrawal.
The best way to explain this is through an example:
Let’s say that you got a no deposit bonus with the wagering requirements of 30x. You use your bonus on selected games and you win in the process. Neat! However, you can’t withdraw the bonus winnings just yet. First, you must wager the bonus amount 30 times.
This means that you need to keep wagering until your collective wagers reach a certain amount. To be clear, you don’t need to win before being allowed to cash out. Only once you wager will you be allowed to pick up what’s left. If your bonus balance hits zero, you will not be able to withdraw the bonus winnings.
While this does seem like a very limiting restriction, which it is, you can get lucky and end up with even more money than you originally won with your bonus. Also, some casinos have lower wagering requirements than 30x, making the bonus winnings easier to cash out.
Which games count toward clearing these offers?
One more important thing you should know about wagering requirements and no deposit bonuses is that not all games on a given casino site are compatible with the bonus in the same way.
First, not all games can be played with a bonus. Casinos usually exclude some games that have a low house edge or are easier to beat if you know how to use the right strategies.
Also, the wagering contribution is not the same for every game. For example, playing video poker games online at some casino sites will have a wagering contribution of only 10%. This means that the wagering requirements for that particular game will be ten times higher than for the games with a 100% contribution.
Your best bet is to stick to video slots. They are compatible with almost every bonus out there, and they usually have a full wagering contribution, although there are some exceptions.
Because of these details that are often not displayed in plain sight, you should always carefully read the no deposit bonus terms and conditions, which is what we are going to talk about next.
Read the fine print on the terms and conditions
When you run into a no deposit offer, you will just see a banner with what the offer consists of. That’s usually something like this: Free No Deposit Offer for New Players!
You might think that is an awesome offer and you’ll probably want to use it right away. However, there are plenty of things hiding behind those first few lines on the banner. Below the banner, you will often find “Terms and conditions apply” written in tiny text.
Always read the terms and conditions before creating an account and claiming the offer, as these terms can make all the difference between a bonus that’s worthwhile and the one that just serves the purpose of luring you to the casino.
Here are some of the most common terms and conditions associated with no deposit bonuses:
- Wagering requirements — We already discussed these, but they are what you should be interested in the most, as they show how hard it is to cash out your winnings.
- Wagering contribution — Understand which games contribute to the wagering requirements and to what extent.
- Bonus codes — Use the bonus codes if necessary.
- Winnings cap — You might land a jackpot while using your bonus but the casino won’t allow you to cash it out completely if there’s a limit on how much you can win.
- Expiry date — Your bonus won’t be there forever, so always make sure that you use it and meet the wagering requirements in time.
- Geographical restrictions — Make sure that Canada is not on the list of restricted countries.
We hope that you had fun reading our detailed guide to no deposit casino bonuses in Canada and that you now have a better understanding of how they work. We threw in a list of some casino sites you might find interesting and that are known for rewarding their new customers with excellent offers.
For more information on casinos with great bonuses, feel free to read our reviews. We always make sure that our information is fresh, so you can keep up with the best offers in the industry.