Bwin Ontario Sportsbook – App Review & Sign-up
With Ontario opening up to legal online sports betting and other provinces in Canada likely to follow, an iconic betting stepping into the legal space is bwin Sportsbook. Sign up for Bwin online sportsbook in Ontario using our links to get started right now.
We’re going to take a deeper look at bwin for Canadian sports bettors here, including the sportsbook app, banking, betting options, and more.
We’ll also go over some of the main pros and cons of bwin and how it compares to some of the other online sportsbooks that could launch in Ontario and eventually elsewhere in Canada.
What is the bwin Ontario Sportsbook code for December 2022?
No bwin Sportsbook sign-up code is needed in Ontario. Just sign up with bwin Sportsbook Ontario using our links and you’ll be all set.
|Online Sportsbook||Bwin Sportsbook Canada|
|Bwin Ontario Sign-Up Code||No code needed, click to register|
|Bwin Canada Top Betting Options||Pregame betting, live betting, futures betting, parlays and single-game parlays|
|Last Updated||December 2022|
Is bwin Sportsbook legal in Canada?
Yes. Canada has removed its federal prohibition on single-game wagering. However, as is the case in the United States, the rules for online sports betting in Canada — and the online books that are legal — will vary from province to province.
The first province to legalize and regulate online sportsbooks will be Ontario. With around 15 million residents, Ontario is a prime destination for online sportsbooks.
To play at bwin in Ontario, you need to comply with some legal requirements You need to be located in Ontario to wager and be 19 or older. Online sportsbooks such as bwin know your location by using geolocation software.
For new sports bettors, bwin may be a new name, but it has been a mainstay in the online gambling realm for quite some time, primarily in Europe. On top of that, it is linked with the popular BetMGM Sportsbook through Entain, which owns bwin and has partnered with MGM Resorts International on BetMGM.
How to download the bwin Sportsbook app in Ontario
The bwin Sportsbook app is available on both iOS and Android devices. You can download it on your phone or tablet. To do so, head to the bwin mobile site and select the A-Z menu. Then, where it says “Download our apps,” select the sports option. This will take you to the correct download page on the App Store or Google Play Store, depending on your device.
How do I use the bwin app?
Before doing anything else at bwin Sportsbook, you’ll want to create an account. This process does not take long, but will ask for some personal details such as the following:
- Bwin password
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Home address
- Find the sport that you want to wager on. You can find the list of sports in the A-Z menu at the bottom of the app or the menu across the top of the app.
- Now that you’ve found your sport, find the particular game you want to bet on.
- With most games, you’ll notice that the first wagers that appear are the moneyline, spread and total. You’ll be able to find more options for each game by opening that game’s listing.
- Make your selection. The bet you chose will appear in your bet slip.
- After you open this page, you’ll see a space to input how much you want to bet.
- Input your amount and click on the button the complete the bet.
This applies to all kinds of bets. The bet slip will also allow you to make parlay and round robin-type wagers. If you win some money and wish to withdraw it, you may need to verify your account by uploading one of the following documents to confirm your identity:
- Driver’s license
- National ID card
What bets can you make at bwin Sportsbook Canada?
You will find all of the usual betting options at bwin. The most popular sports bets are moneylines, spreads and totals, of course, but beyond that, you can wager on props, futures, live betting and, as mentioned in the prior section, parlays and round robin-type wagers.
You will find these whether you want to bet on Toronto Raptors odds, Montreal Canadiens odds, Toronto Maple Leafs odds, Toronto Blue Jays odds or NFL game lines and CFL odds. Beyond that, the biggest difference, however, is that bwin may offer some more niche sports to wager on, which all come with their own distinct ways of betting, such as the following:
- Bandy: Result after regular time
- Darts: Total 180s
- Gaelic sports: Result 1×2
Live betting at bwin Sportsbook
With live betting, you can wager on games as they are in progress. On the bwin app, you will see a tab dedicated to live games. The live betting odds will update rapidly as the game develops. To complete this wager, you do it the exact same way as any other wager — select your bet, go to the slip and complete the wager. You’ll have to be fairly quick in making the wager, though, as the game odds can lock as plays are in progress. If you’re watching a sport that has timeouts or commercial breaks, those can be the times to get any live bets in, if you wish to.
Is bwin Sportsbook your best option in Ontario?
Ontario is a highly popular destination for online sportsbooks, with big-name sportsbooks like FanDuel, DraftKings and Caesars in the province. When you compare bwin to these, it definitely has some notable features that set it apart. With these in mind, we will go over some of the main pros and cons of bwin online sportsbook.
What’s great about bwin Sportsbook Canada
- User experience: A sportsbook app that is both appealing and functions well is a good first step, and bwin is one of those. On the homepage, there is a horizontal menu across the top of the bwin online sportsbook app with icons designating the sports on which you can bet. The front page has the live betting options and a menu across the bottom with links to all of the available sports, live betting options, the bet slip, and your active and previous bets.
- Bet slip: A bet slip that is easy to use is nice to see on a sportsbook app. The slip is in the menu along the bottom of the app, and here, you can make single wagers, parlays and round robin-type bets.
- Editing your bet: Have you ever made a wager and then wished you could add more money or change one of the legs of a parlay? This is something you are able to do at the bwin Canada betting site. After you complete your wager, you can make these edits by going into the “My Bets” section, selecting the wager, and in the upper right corner of the bet itself, you will see the “Edit Bet” icon. Once you click this, you’ll be able to add another selection, remove a selection or add more money.
Areas in need of improvement
Bwin Sportsbook banking options
One of the better aspects of bwin Sportsbook is the available banking methods for both deposits and withdrawals. First, here are the deposit methods:
- Debit/credit cards
- Electronic transfer
- Instant banking
How to withdraw money from the bwin Sportsbook app
There are a good number of withdrawal methods, as well, and completing a withdrawal is fairly easy. To do so, you’ll click on the account icon in the upper right corner of the page and select withdraw. If this is your first withdrawal, you’ll need to verify your information, as we mentioned above. After everything is set, you’ll select your preferred withdrawal method. Here are the main options, as well as how long each might take once bwin process it:
- Bank transfer: Two to four business days
- EcoPayz: Up to 24 hours
- iDebit: Up to 24 hours
- Instant banking: One to two business days
- Neteller: Up to 24 hours
- PayPal: Up to 24 hours
- Paysafecard: Up to 24 hours
- Skrill: Up to 24 hours
Customer support at bwin Canada Sportsbook
- FAQ: This is the first section you’ll look to. If this doesn’t help, you have the option of seeing a more extensive customer service menu.
- Facebook: Average response time is five minutes.
- Twitter: Send bwin a direct message on Twitter. The average response time is five minutes.
- Live chat: Available 24/7.
Bwin’s entry into Canadian sports betting market
Changes to Canada’s sports betting rules in 2021 allowed provinces to start regulating expanded legal sports betting options. The first province to move forward with allowing commercial online sportsbooks was Ontario, and both BetMGM and bwin announced intentions to operate there. Both were live in Ontario in the weeks after sportsbetting launched in Ontario in April, 2022.
BetMGM is the product of MGM Resorts and Entain, which already owns bwin and which also recently acquired Sports Interaction, a Canadian-based online sportsbook and casino. Expect bwin Sportsbook to have multiple updates as sports betting progresses in Ontario.
bwin Sportsbook FAQs
You don’t need a special code, just register with bwin Sportsbook here to get started betting.
No, at this time bwin is only licensed to operate in Ontario. Whenever you sign in to your account your location will be checked. If you are not in Ontario, you will not be permitted to bet.
Because Bovada is not legal in Ontario. When you bet with Bovada or any offshore sportsbook you are putting your money at serious risk. Offshore books can disappear overnight and any money you had in your account can simply vanish, unless you’re comfortable taking that risk we suggest signing up with bwin or any other licensed operator in Ontario.