PointsBet Ontario Casino Welcome Offer
Disclaimer: PointsBet Casino is not yet online in Canada. This review is speculative based on what we know so far and will be updated when PointsBet launches its casino in Ontario.
Australian gambling company PointsBet has been making its way into the North American market over the past couple of years. It has sportsbooks in several US states, and its online casino could be launching soon in at least one province in Canada, as well.
PointsBet Casino’s website and app offer options for slots, video poker, blackjack, baccarat and more. When the site launches fully, it will offer new customers a welcome bonus and ongoing promotions. Keep reading this PointsBet Casino review to find out more.
When will PointsBet Casino launch in Ontario?
While PointsBet Casino is not yet online for Canadians, the tentative launch date for Ontario has been announced: April 4, 2022.
iGaming Ontario, a subdivision of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO), announced in late January 2022, that gambling operations in the province would go live on April 4, 2022. This follows a sustained push from the gambling industry and legislators to change the current system, which allowed only government operators in the space.
Some operators and anti-privatization groups have argued that regulating the market in this way will lead to a massive loss in revenue for the province, home to almost 15 million Canadians.
On February 3, 2022, the AGCO granted PointsBet its gambling license, making them one of the first sites to get approval. PointsBet has since been approved by Ontario iGaming as well.
Chantal Cipriano, the vice-president of PointsBet’s legal and compliance, welcomed the move, praising PointBet’s new “ability to deliver an innovative, safe, and responsible experience to Ontario consumers”.
What is the PointsBet Casino code for July 2022?
As a relatively new entity, PointsBet online Casino in Canada has not announced its welcome bonus. However, new customers can certainly expect something. One option would be a deposit bonus. This is usually bonus funds equal to a percentage of your first deposit, up to a maximum amount that PointsBet would set.
You might also get extra spins to use on a slot title or titles of PointsBet’s choice. Another option is insured betting for up to 24 hours. With a bonus like that, PointsBet would issue a refund as bonus credit for any net losses during your first day on the site. Offers like this are generally available up to a set maximum, as well.
|Online Casino||PointsBet Casino Canada|
|PointsBet Ontario Bonus Code||TBD|
|Deposit Match Offer||TBD|
|Last Updated||July 2022|
How does the PointsBet Casino welcome offer work?
Here are some typical terms and conditions that you can expect when it comes to casino welcome bonuses:
- Wagering requirements: Wagering requirements or playthrough requirements mean you have to gamble a certain amount with the casino before you can withdraw your bonus money as cash. They almost always appear as a multiple of the bonus amount. If you see 20x, for instance, that generally means you must wager 20 times your bonus before you can withdraw any bonus funds that you’ve received.
- Expiration times: In addition to the wagering requirements, bonuses typically will have time limits. The limits usually focus on how quickly you need to satisfy the wagering requirement — for example, 30 days.
- Minimum deposits: Most bonuses will require you to make a minimum deposit. Often this will be the same as the casino’s minimum deposit, but sometimes it can be higher.
- Offer codes: You’ll often need to enter a code to activate the bonus when you sign up or make your first deposit.
To help explain all this, let’s work through an example. If, for instance, you qualified for a first deposit bonus of 100%, then you’d get a dollar-for-dollar match of what you deposited.
If the bonus has a wagering requirement of 2x the bonus sum. This means you would need to wager your bonus amount two times over before you could withdraw any remaining bonus funds as cash. Moreover, the time limit is 30 days, which means you have to meet the requirement before that time is up. Otherwise, you forfeit the bonus funds.
Does PointsBet Casino have other promotions?
At the moment, PointsBet Canada does not list any other regular or ongoing promotions at its casino. However, if you’re into sports betting, you’ll find quite a few promotions for PointsBet’s online sportsbook, provided you are in an area where it can legally operate. And the online casino likely will have some promos as time goes on.
How to download the PointsBet Casino app in Ontario
The PointsBet Casino app lets you play on the move. You don’t have to be chained to a desk to spin a few slots. You can download the app for Apple or Android, which we’ll go over below. Additionally, if you’d rather save space on your phone, you can use the mobile site. It has much of the same functionality as the desktop site, but it’s rescaled for smaller screens.
PointsBet Casino on iOS
If you’re an iPhone user, then here’s how to get a compatible version of the PointsBet app. Once you’re done installing the app, just log in, deposit and start playing:
- Go to the PointsBet site and scroll down to the footer of the page.
- Select the “Download on the App Store” button and complete the download from there.
- Alternatively, you can select “Download App” from the main menu and select the App Store button from there.
PointsBet Casino on Android
The process of downloading the app for Android is similar:
- Head to the PointsBet site as above and scroll down (or select “Download App” from the main menu).
- Select “Get it on Google Play” and continue to install the app from there.
When you’ve installed the app, you’ll be able to deposit and start playing — slots, table games and online video poker. Before that, though, you’ll need to create an account and enable geolocation if you haven’t done so already.
Without geolocation, PointsBet cannot confirm you’re in Ontario, and without that, you won’t be able to bet. To proceed, just go to your phone’s settings. You’ll find a section called “location” (or something similar), and in that section, you’ll be able to turn geolocation on or off. In all likelihood, your privacy settings will allow you to enable it for specific apps, too.
How do I get started at PointsBet Casino in Canada?
If you’ve played at an online casino before, then you’ll be familiar with the sign-up process. You don’t need much to get started. Here’s how:
- Visit the PointsBet site via either your computer or mobile device.
- Locate the “Sign Up” button and select it — it’s in the top right corner of the casino website.
- Enter the required personal information: name, Canadian home address, email and date of birth.
This is also where you would enter a code to claim the casino welcome bonus if it requires one. Not all promotions require a code, but if yours does, take note of it.
After your account is ready, it’s simple to start playing. Select the game you want to play, and you’re off. Importantly, you can play slots for real money at PointsBet, but you can also play slots for free. Most games have a “demo mode.” This lets you play for free to try a game before risking your own funds.
Speaking of those funds, to deposit, simply select “My Account” and you’ll arrive at the cashier page. You can deposit from there, and we’ll go over that process below.
Overall, the site has a nice feel. Its colour scheme is modern and up to date. The buttons, menus and links are all where you’d expect them to be. And the games open on the same screen, rather than a (frequently blocked) popup.
PointsBet Casino Canada screenshots
What games can you play at PointsBet Canada Casino?
PointsBet has a small library of games at the moment, and we hope to see it expand in the future. But, until that expansion happens, PointsBet must focus on quality. You can play titles from the following options:
What are the most popular games at PointsBet Casino in Ontario?
Although PointsBet doesn’t have a large library yet, the games it does have are best-in-class. Here are three of the most popular titles you’ll find:
- Da Vinci Diamonds: A three-by-five, 20-payline video slot from IGT. Themed after the renaissance artist and his work, Da Vinci Diamonds delivers plenty of artistic fun. The game features tumbling reels and a free spins bonus round where you can get up to 300 free spins. The game is of medium volatility and has a return-to-player rate of 96.5%.
- Wolf Run: This four-by-five, 40-payline video slot from IGT features stacked wilds and free bonus spins. It is of medium volatility, so you’ll have a reasonable degree of ups and downs, but nothing too wild. The RTP is 95%. The game has a Native American mythology theme, with totems, spirit animals and vast western landscapes.
- Cleopatra Gold: Also from IGT, this three-by-five, 20-payline video slot is a development of the popular classic, now with gold spins rounds. Alongside the base game and the gold spins is a free spins bonus round in which you can get up to 150 free spins. The game has medium volatility and an RTP of 95.7%.
Is PointsBet the best online casino in Ontario?
If you’re planning on using the app, then you’ll be in good hands with PointsBet. However, all of the other online casinos’ apps in Ontario also offer quality. Comparing PointsBet with BetMGM Canada or Caesars Casino CA, for instance, shows many similar features but also some differences.
One differentiating feature is that casinos like BetMGM and Caesars have more games to offer. Bear in mind that this doesn’t mean their games are better, just that there’s more of them. At least at the moment.
Lastly, if you compare PointsBet’s promotions, you’ll see that other online casinos have more of them. As PointsBet currently has no promotions for its online casino, this is not hard. But we do expect there to be some PointsBet Casino promotions in the future.
What’s great about PointsBet Casino
- Low minimum withdrawals: If you’re not a high-roller, you’re likely not using large sums of money — which means you’re not withdrawing large sums. Luckily, PointsBet has a $5 minimum for some withdrawal methods.
- PayPal banking: If you use PayPal, this can make depositing and withdrawing easy — two clicks and you’re ready to play.
- Demo mode: If you’re unsure what game you want to play, you can try some options in demo mode. This means you don’t have to risk any real money while you make up your mind. You also get the chance to learn the rules without taking any losses.
Areas in need of improvement
- A small number of games: There aren’t many games available at PointsBet online casino. It has video poker, slots and table games, with very few titles in each of those categories at the moment. This doesn’t mean the games are bad — they’re some of the best quality around. But it does mean your options are limited until PointsBet adds more.
- Currently no ongoing casino promotions: One of the downsides of a relatively new online casino is that PointsBet doesn’t currently have any ongoing promotions for that side of its operations. It has online sportsbook promotions, though, so casino promos should follow at some point.
PointsBet Casino app payment options
PointsBet Casino lets you use a variety of secure methods to transfer money online. Here are your banking options:
- Online banking
- Automated clearing house (ACH)/e-check
- Visa and Mastercard
To make a deposit, you need to already be signed up and verified. Once that’s complete, you can go to the cashier page. Go to the menu, select the deposit/banking section, and you’ll see the deposit form. Select the method you want to use and enter your details.
For most methods, the minimum that you can deposit is $10. If you’re using PayPal, however, you can make $5 deposits. Transfers are usually fast, but be prepared for the possibility of delay. Sometimes, for example, methods like ACH or e-check can take up to three business days. Cards and PayPal are immediate — during our testing, the money was transferred and arrived straight away.
How to withdraw money from the PointsBet Casino app
PointsBet offers fewer withdrawal options compared to deposit options, but all worked well in our testing:
- Online banking
To initiate a withdrawal, go to the same cashier page that you used to deposit. There you’ll see the option to withdraw. Again, select the method you want to use and the amount you want to take out. Lastly, you’ll need to enter your password to authenticate your withdrawal.
Depending on the method, the minimum withdrawal can be as low as $5, and it can take up to a week for the money to reach your account. PointsBet has its own processing times in addition to those of your withdrawal method, which can be up to two business days. After that, the time frame varies: PayPal is 30 minutes, online banking or e-check can take up to three business days.
Is PointsBet Casino legal in Canada?
PointsBet Casino is not legal for all of Canada, no. However, with Ontario changing its rules for online casino gambling, PointsBet could launch in that province if it receives approval to do so. And if other provinces follow in Ontario’s footsteps, PointsBet could launch there, as well.
Like all forms of legal gambling, there are rules and regulations that PointsBet and its users would need to adhere to. In Ontario you must be 19 or older to play for real money at online casinos. You also would need to be within the province to place any bets. This means PointsBet Canada will need to be able to check where you are for you to be able to bet.
Customer support at PointsBet
Here are your options for contacting PointsBet customer support:
- Live chat on the casino site
- Email — [email protected]
If you need a swift response, then we suggest you try the live chat — as you may expect, email is slower. During our testing of the online chat, we were second in line and ended up speaking with an agent in less than a minute. The agent was helpful and answered all our questions in detail.
Alternatively, you can use the FAQ support section. This self-service option allows you to find answered and guided walkthroughs to many of the most common questions or problems.
PointsBet’s entry into the Ontario online casino market
PointsBet first launched in North America in 2019, putting sportsbooks in several US states. The Australian company’s move to the other side of the globe has so far been successful. In Canada, PointsBet has brokered partnership deals with several organizations, including Curling Canada to be the official bettor of that sport.
PointsBet is not legal throughout Canada, but it has been granted a betting license from the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario and has been approved by Ontario iGaming to operate in the province. At this time, we expect PointsBet Casino to launch in Ontario on April 4, 2022.
No, PointsBet does not charge a fee for players to make a withdrawal. Your financial provider might, though, so be sure to check there, as well.
The fastest way to banking at PointsBet is to use PayPal. Processing takes up to two days, and after that, the transfer is nearly instantaneous.
Yes, PointsBet is a safe online casino. Although it is newer to the northern hemisphere, it’s built itself an exemplary reputation in Australia and during its few years in the US. You should have no qualms playing there.