The Casino Rama Resort is located in Orillia, Ontario. It is situated an hour and a half drive north of Toronto International Airport. This resort features a hotel with nearly 300 rooms and an entertainment centre. The main attraction is a huge casino — which covers 192,000 square feet. Rama Resort is part of a joint venture between the Chippewas of the Rama First Nation and the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corp.
Head into the casino and you will find more than 2,200 slots. Your choices include classics, reel slots, and high-limit options. There are more than 100 gambling tables at this venue — matching the biggest casinos in Ontario. You can play a variety of blackjack games, roulette, and casino poker variants.
This page has you covered for the full rundown ahead of a visit to the Casino Rama Resort. First up, you will find an overview and history of this casino. Next is a detailed look at the gambling options, rewards, and promotions. The page ends with a look at the dining, entertainment, and hotel options.
Casino Rama Resort
- Address: 5899 Rama Road, Orillia, Ontario
- Owner: Chippewas of Rama First Nation/Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corp.
- Operator: Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited
- Hours of operation: Open 24 hours
- Casino games: 2,200+ slots and 110 table games
- Sportsbook: n/a
- Poker room: 10 tables featuring cash and tournament play
Canadian Casinos in the News
History of the Casino Rama Resort, Ontario
The Casino Rama Resort first opened on July 31, 1996 — following an agreement between the Chippewas of Rama First Nation and the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corp. The casino is Ontario’s only First Nation commercial casino. It features a concert venue, hotel and multiple restaurants.
Stars who have appeared at the entertainment venue include Christina Aguilera, Alice Cooper, Diana Ross, Mariah Carey, Ringo Starr, Dolly Parton and David Copperfield. You can also enjoy professional boxing and MMA bouts at this casino.
Casino games at Casino Rama Resort
There are more than 2,200 slots at Casino Rama, making it one of the bigger casinos in Ontario. Within the range of games, there are traditional reel games, progressive jackpots, classic video slots, and the latest titles from all the major producers. On the casino floor, you can see both “new slots” and “featured slots” signs to guide you to your favourite games.
Here are some of the games currently featured:
- Wheel on Wild: Housed in the TwinStar 3RM, play Triple Blazing 7s or Black Gold Wild.
- Heidi’s Bier Haus: This entertaining game has a super-catchy theme tune, with the beer served by Heidi herself turning into wilds.
- Zeus Unleashed/Kronos Unleashed: Both Zeus and Kronos unleash lightning bolts onto the reels in a novel hold-and-spin-style bonus feature.
- Lightning Link: Enjoy an explosive range of linked games, offering a range of big money progressive jackpots.
- Jade Wins: An Asian slot featuring the popular Fu Babies and the chance to win the Da Ji Da Li progressive payout.
- 8 Petals: Enjoy the 8 Petals titles Jade Garden and Gardens of Magic.
- High Voltage Blackout: High voltage meets high energy in a game that will light up player’s faces.
- Wheel of Fortune: The most successful slot game from IGT; you get to spin that famed wheel for potentially huge prizes.
- Titanic Heart of the Ocean: Join Jack and Rose on the Titanic, the only difference being that this game won’t give you that sinking feeling.
Table game selection
With more than 100 tables at the resort, you can play your favourite games at both high and low stakes. Add inside bets (including some with progressive jackpots), and you have even more ways to win.
Here are the featured casino games at the Casino Rama in Orillia:
- Squeeze Baccarat: Based on the classic Baccarat casino game where players choose to bet on the banker, player or tie. This table has an added thrill — provided by the slow speed of revealing the cards by the dealers.
- Blackjack: The classic game where it is you against the dealer aiming to reach as close to 21 as possible without going over. Do you hit, stand, double down or split? Multiple variations and side bets are available.
- Craps: Always a crowd-pleaser, place a huge variety of bets based on the roll of two dice over two distinct betting rounds.
- Three card poker: The exciting three-card variation of stud poker includes the “Pair+” side bet.
- Roulette: Choose between American or European roulette. Bet on black or red, odd or even, single numbers and more in this classic casino favourite. You can also play touch bet (electronic) roulette at this casino.
My Club Rewards program
The loyalty program at Rama Resort is My Club Rewards. It runs in Gateway casinos across Ontario. This allows you to earn points at one site and then redeem them at another. The casino provides regular credits for free spins on slot machines.
Members earn one reward point for every $10 wagered on reel slots, for every $20 wagered on video poker, and for every $40 wagered on e-table games. As well as redeeming points for instant rewards such as free slot play, the number of earned points will also decide which tier of the loyalty program you reach. There are five tiers in total — the standard rewards level, followed by silver, gold, elite, and ultra. As you move through the levels, you can gain access to the following rewards:
- Invitations to special contests and promotions, such as slots contests (all levels)
- Exclusive email offers (all levels)
- Earn bonus reward points on select days (all levels)
- Exclusive concert offers (all levels)
- Discounts at participating restaurants (10% off for silver and 15% off for gold, ultra and elite)
- Main entrance valet at Casino Rama (silver and above)
- Exclusive invites to events (gold and above)
- Hotel valet (elite and ultra)
- Priority hotel check-in (elite and ultra)
- Priority restaurant seating (elite and ultra)
Casino Rama Resort hotel amenities
Casino Rama Resort hotel
The hotel at the resort features 292 luxury suites, with the following amenities in each of the rooms:
- Marble bathrooms with separate glass showers
- 42” flat-screen television
- Hairdryer and make-up mirror
- Individual climate control
- In-room safes
- Iron and ironing board
Stay in a premium suite and you’ll find a whirlpool tub. If you stay in the club parlour suite or the junior presidential suites on the sixth and seventh floors, you get access to the private elevator.
There are 10 dining and catering options available:
- Couchiching Court Buffet: 100 options daily, including Asian, carving station, pizza oven, and a dessert bar.
- Simcoe Yard House: An indoor patio that stretches across the casino floor, with large screen TVs to catch the sporting action as you dine.
- Noodle Bar: Create your own soup or noodle bowl from a fresh selection of noodles, steamed rice, mixed meats, vegetables, and spices.
- Firestarter Lounge: Located just off the hotel lobby, this venue features comfortable leather chairs, casual food and beverages, and cocktails.
- The Weirs: Enjoy a variety of light meals, salads, and sandwiches like the New York steak and BLT — the ideal breakfast, brunch, or lunch stop.
- Burger Bar: Vibrant concept burgers and beer.
- Cedar Express: This is the place to grab a quick bite before, after, or even during casino play.
- Centre Bar: If you like the bright combination of gambling and nightlife, this is the location for you.
- The Willow: A restaurant with an intimate Asian setting offering both authentic Cantonese dishes and East meets West dishes.
- Germain’s Steakhouse: No casino resort would be complete without a steakhouse. Enjoy rib-eye, tenderloin, striploin, and porterhouse cuts, as well as a delightful range of seafood options.
Entertainment and concerts
Live events take place regularly at the Casino Rama Entertainment Centre. The state-of-the-art 5,000-seat venue attracts many of the biggest music and sports acts from around the world. Many styles of music are covered — shows have included rock, pop, or country singers, comedians, illusionists, and MMA fights. You will find the latest acts and information about booking tickets on the Casino Rama website.
All Ontario Casino Reviews
- Caesars Windsor Hotel & Casino
- Cascades Casino Chatham
- Casino Ajax and Racing
- Casino Niagara
- Casino Woodbine Ontario
- Elements Casino & Raceway Grand River
- Elements Casino Brantford
- Elements Casino Mohawk
- Fallsview Casino Resort
- Gateway Casino Woodstock
- Gateway Casinos Clinton
- Gateway Casinos Innisfil and Racing
- Gateway Casinos London
- Gateway Casinos Sarnia – Racino Review
- Gateway Casinos Sault Ste. Marie
- Gateway Casinos Thunder Bay
- Hanover Casino
- Ontario Online Casinos
- Rideau Carleton Raceway Casino
- Shorelines Casino Belleville
- Shorelines Casino Thousand Islands
- Slots At Kawartha Downs
How does the Casino Rama Resort compare?
This Ontario casino has a unique ownership structure. It is partly owned by the Rama First Nation and the OLG. It is a big venue, with facilities that include an entertainment venue, hotel and a long list of bars/restaurants. The casino features more than 2,200 slots and 110 casino table games. This is a big enough selection to cover new and innovative games — as well as casino classics.