A spectacular view and a huge gaming floor at Fallsview Casino Resort, Niagara Falls
Fallsview Casino is one of the most prominent features of the Niagara skyline. It overlooks the Horseshoe Falls on the Canadian side of the famous landmark. This site was originally a transformer station for the Ontario Power Company. You can still see the original façade on the eastern side of the casino — the transformer was housed in what is now the Grand Hall Convention Centre. Fallsview Casino opened its doors in 2004 at the cost of $1 billion and offers some of the most impressive gaming options anywhere in Canada.
Fallsview has an impressive 200,000 square feet of gaming space. More than 3,000 different slots can be enjoyed, along with video poker machines and other electronic options. If there is a casino table game you enjoy, you will find it here. There are more than 130 tables in operation, featuring 20 different game variations.
On this page you will find all you need to know to get the best from a visit to the Fallsview Casino Resort. First up, there is a brief history of the casino, followed by a detailed look at all the gaming options. Next, the Players Advantage Club is explained, as well as other promotions and extras you can enjoy at the casino. The page ends with a look at the many dining and entertainment options on offer at Fallsview.
Fallsview casino resort details
- Address: 6380 Fallsview Boulevard, Niagara Falls, Ontario, L2G 7X5
- Owner: Mohegan Gaming and Entertainment
- Operator: Mohegan Gaming and Entertainment
- Hours of operation: Open 24 hours
- Casino games: 3,000+ slots, 130+ table games, electronic table games
- Sportsbook: n/a
- Poker room: Poker is available at the partner Niagara Casino with 26 tables.
Canadian Casinos in the News
History of the Fallsview casino resort
Planning for the Fallsview Casino began in 1998, when the Falls Group L.C. was selected to develop the new casino resort. Construction of the resort began in 2001 and the casino opened its doors for the first time on June 10, 2004.
As well as retaining some of the original Power Company façade, at the main entrance is a water feature known as the ‘Teslatron’. The early years of the casino saw a nightly display with added audio and light shows. The entire complex features a space of an incredible 2.5 million square feet, including the Avalon Theatre and the Fallsview Casino Resort hotel, alongside the casino.
Casino games at the Fallsview Casino Resort: slots
There are more than 3,000 slots available at this casino. Within this huge range of games is something for all players, whatever your bankroll, with stakes starting at just $0.01 and moving all the way up to $100 per line high-limit games. Among the slot machines, you’ll find many jackpot slots that are linked across other casinos. Examples include the Lightning Link and the Dragon Link series from Aristocrat.
You can enjoy many of the new releases from big name producers. The selection is regularly updated to keep things fresh. Classics like Buffalo, Wheel of Fortune, and Cleopatra slots are staples. Here are some recent games you will find at Fallsview Casinos:
- Sweet Skulls: Sweet Daybreak
- Kronos: Father of Zeus
- Zeus: Son of Kronos
- Wonder 4 Tower
- Willy Wonka: World of Wonka
- Heidi’s Bier Haus
- Pac-man Wild Edition
- Wheel of Fortune 4D
- Madonna Slots
- American Gods 4D
- Shark Week
You will also find the All-Star Poker II machines, where you can enjoy eight different video poker-based games. They include Extra Draw Frenzy Poker, Deal Draw Poker, and the ever-popular Double Super Times Pay Poker.
Slots tournaments take place regularly at Fallsview, with winners able to walk away with tens of thousands of dollars in cash.
Check out the big slot payouts on the ‘Winners’ page on the casino website, where you’ll also find a slots player’s guide. You can also enjoy social slot gaming on your mobile devices via the PlayFallsview app.
Table games at Fallsview Casino Resort
There are more than 130 tables at the casino offering the following wide choice of table games:
- Blackjack switch
- Caribbean stud
- Casino war
- EZ Pai Gow poker
- Face-up Pai Gow poker
- Four-card poker
- Free bet blackjack
- High card flush
- Let it ride
- Mississippi stud
- Nexus progressive five-card bonus hand
- Pai Gow tiles
- Royal 9 progressive baccarat
- Super 4 progressive blackjack
- Three-card poker
- Ultimate Texas Hold’em
There are progressive jackpots available via optional side bets for many games. A recent winner of the Nexus Progressive Five Card Bonus hand won an incredible $530,000 for a royal flush.
If you enjoy playing poker, you can do so at the nearby Casino Niagara, a partner site of the Fallsview Casino. In 2020, the Fallsview Casino hosted the Fallsview Poker Classic on the World Poker Tour. This major buy-in event drew a big field, featuring many of the best players from around the world.
Players advantage club rewards scheme at Fallsview casino resort
The loyalty scheme at Fallsview is the Players Advantage Club that allows you to take advantage of ‘MyPac Rewards’. Every time you play at the casino you earn cash-back points. They accrue at one point for $20 coin-in on slot games. When you reach 100 points you can then redeem them for $10 in cash.
The scheme has five levels. Players start at the PAC level, before moving on to the gold and platinum levels where you gain 1,000 and 5,000 points, respectively. The final two levels, premium and elite, are by invitation only. As part of the scheme, here are some of the further benefits at the different levels:
- Slot play and table games offers (all levels)
- Casino promotions, 24/7 access to account, birthday offers, events, and tournaments (all levels)
- Complimentary coat check/Safeway bus program (discounted at PAC level, free at all other levels)
- Concert ticket offers, hotel offers and discounts, complimentary food and dining offers, and discounts (all levels)
- VIP priority sequence (Platinum and above)
- Monthly pre-loaded self comp dollars (Gold and Platinum)
- Daily pre-loaded self comp dollars (Premium and Elite)
- Buffet priority line (Gold and above)
- Platinum Lounge access (Platinum and Elite)
- Complimentary parking and complimentary valet (Gold and above)
- Complimentary VIP self-parking (Platinum and above)
Dining at Fallsview Casino Resort
There are multiple dining options at Fallsview Casino. Here is a look at each venue:
- 21 Club Steak and Seafood: Enjoy slow-roasted prime rib and perfectly charred custom-aged rib eyes, T-bones, and striploins, or choose from a selection of seafood, washed down with your choice of more than 700 of the finest local and international wines.
- Ponte Vecchio: Inspired by the famous bridge in Florence, Italy, this restaurant offers the finest Italian cuisine alongside an award-winning wine list.
- Golden Lotus: Here you will find an à la carte Asian menu boasting over 180 choices.
- Sushi and Oyster Bar: The perfect destination for seafood lovers.
- Noodle Bar: A fusion of ancient traditions and modern cuisine at the casino.
- Grand Buffet: Enjoy gourmet recipes filled with fresh produce and over 195 items to choose from.
- The Falls Deli: Described as ‘a slice of the Big Apple’, this deli features a menu ranging from well spiced, juicy corned beef on marble rye and smoked turkey breast thinly sliced on fresh bread, to rich soups and garden crisp salads.
Alongside the dining options you can also enjoy the four bars and lounges at the Fallsview Casino:
- R5 Patio and Bar: Offering creative cocktails and delectable tapas.
- 365 Club: Enjoy a cocktail at a venue that brings the night to life.
- Infinity Bar: An intimate bar located at the centre of the gaming action.
- Splash Bar: An invigorating destination with a high-energy ambience.
Hotel facilities at Fallsview Casino Resort
The Fallsview Casino Resort Hotel is perched high above Niagara Falls. Many of the rooms are designed to offer a breathtaking view of the Falls, the city of Niagara, or both. Guests can indulge at the full-service spa, head to the fitness centre, or go for a swim at the indoor pool. There is 24-hour room service covering the 374 rooms at the hotel. The hotel has earned the prestigious CAA/AAA Four Diamond award every year since they opened in 2004.
All Ontario Casino Reviews
- Caesars Windsor Hotel & Casino
- Cascades Casino Chatham
- Casino Ajax and Racing
- Casino Niagara
- Casino Rama Resort
- Casino Woodbine Ontario
- Elements Casino & Raceway Grand River
- Elements Casino Brantford
- Elements Casino Mohawk
- Gateway Casino Woodstock
- Gateway Casinos Clinton
- Gateway Casinos Innisfil and Racing
- Gateway Casinos London
- Gateway Casinos Sarnia – Racino Review
- Gateway Casinos Sault Ste. Marie
- Gateway Casinos Thunder Bay
- Hanover Casino
- Ontario Online Casinos
- Rideau Carleton Raceway Casino
- Shorelines Casino Belleville
- Shorelines Casino Thousand Islands
- Slots At Kawartha Downs
How does Fallsview Casino Resort compare?
Niagara Falls is a popular tourist destination for both Canadians and international travellers. The Fallsview Casino Resort offers a hotel, casino, and multiple dining and entertainment options.
The huge casino floor includes the latest slots, along with traditional (reel) games and video poker classics. Many have progressive jackpots that could make your trip to the falls even more memorable. The choice of table games is as equally impressive. All the popular games, including blackjack, roulette, and baccarat, have multiple stake and rules options. You can earn loyalty points and receive rewards as part of the Players Advantage Club every time you play.