Coolbet Sportsbook Ontario Betting App Review
Coolbet Sportsbook is an online betting site with licenses to operate in several European countries, and it is now live in Ontario. The innovative site is a breath of fresh air in the industry, with numerous distinct features as well as stated goals of fairness, personalization, and transparency.
The Coolbet site is great for both experienced sports bettors and newcomers. We’re particular fans of its combo generator and Betbuilder, but there’s plenty more, as well.
This Coolbet review will cover all the key aspects of the sportsbook for Ontario bettors, including the site’s interface, betting on mobile, sports options, and banking methods. Keep reading to learn if Coolbet Ontario might work for you.
Coolbet Ontario Sportsbook sign-up info for February 2024
You don’t need a Coolbet Sportsbook code when creating an account at Coolbet Ontario. Just head to the company’s website and get started.
|Coolbet Ontario Sportsbook
|Coolbet Ontario Code
|None - Click to Sign-up
|MuchBetter, Interac Online, Visa, Mastercard
|Sports to Bet on
|22+, depending on the time of year
Is Coolbet Sportsbook legal in Canada?
Yes, Coolbet is legal in Ontario, Canada’s most populous province. The online sportsbook officially launched there in April 2022, in line with the expansion of legal online sports betting in Ontario. Coolbet had to register and execute an operating agreement with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario and iGaming Ontario before being able to launch.
To create an account at Coolbet Sportsbook, you must be 19 or older. The sportsbook will verify your details when you do so.
You will find info on responsible gambling and keeping your account safe on the Coolbet website and app. In short, you can set limits on your play and close your account at any time. Open the responsible gambling page for more information on how to keep your online gambling habits healthy.
How to download the Coolbet Sportsbook Ontario app
Coolbet doesn’t have a sportsbook app for users in Ontario at the moment. Many competing online sportsbooks in Ontario offer apps to users, including FanDuel Sportsbook Ontario, BetMGM Ontario, and the DraftKings Ontario app.
However, the Coolbet website is optimized to work on mobile browsers. This means you should be able to launch the sportsbook straight from your mobile device for easy betting. Just open Safari, Chrome, Firefox, or similar and load the Coolbet site as normal.
This will present a condensed version of the sportsbook site that works quickly and still offers the same number of sports and betting options. We’d like to see a Coolbet app in the future, but the mobile-optimized website works well for now.
How do I use the Coolbet Ontario Sportsbook?
Coolbet online sportsbook is easy to make your way around. To start, make sure you’ve selected “Sports” from the navigation bar at the top of the screen. This separates the sportsbook from Coolbet’s other online products.
The main menu on the left of the site will help you to find the main features, including its Betbuilder and combo generator. Further down this column is a “top sports” list. Expand this for a full A-Z list of all sports on which you can bet.
Select a sport to find all the current betting options. You can browse live and upcoming games individually or sort by country/league. Click on any individual game to expand your betting options.
You can access the cashier page from the top of the site. Load your bet slip at the bottom right of your screen to view and track your wagers.
To receive help from Coolbet customer support in Ontario, click the help button on the sportsbook’s homepage or click the FAQ link in the website’s footer. A blue live chat button will be available in the bottom corner of your screen.
Most features are available on both the desktop and mobile sites for fast and simple betting.
What bets can you make at Coolbet Sportsbook in Ontario?
Coolbet Sportsbook in Ontario covers all the standard sports wagers to keep your wagering fun and varied. You will always see moneyline, total and spread options first. There’s also a long list of alternate lines so you can switch things up.
Your basic betting options will appear alongside each event. To expand your options, click on the grey “more odds” button. When you select your sports odds, they will move over to your bet slip, ready for you to input a wager amount.
Coolbet Canada doesn’t have as many detailed betting options as the likes of DraftKings and FanDuel, but you will still find parlays, team props, player props, futures, and more.
Live betting is also available here. Just click the link in the site’s main menu. You can then browse available sports or use the search button to find specific games. It’s easy to move between current live games and those due to start in the next one, six or 24 hours.
And you can find a small number of futures bets by selecting a sport and moving into the futures column.
What are the most popular bets at Coolbet online sports betting?
It’s often the simple bets that see the most use at Coolbet online sportsbook. Here are some of the top wagering options:
- Live betting: We like that you can also view upcoming live games here, so you can plan your bets in advance. It’s also easy to move between leagues — just be aware that the available odds can change quickly.
- Parlays: Coolbet’s Betbuilder page makes it easy to string your parlays together. Just select your odds from whatever is available, and then add a wager to your bet slip.
Is Coolbet Sportsbook your best option in Ontario?
We’re big fans of Coolbet’s fun and innovative take on sports betting, but there are also some ways it could improve. Here’s our overall verdict:
What’s great about Coolbet Ontario Sportsbook
- Betbuilder: Coolbet’s Betbuilder page is accessible from the main menu of the site. This allows you to create parlays with ease — the Ontario sportsbook will add each selection to your slip. Add your wager to place your finished parlay. There will also be recommended options based on your betting preferences, or you can browse live and upcoming events.
- Combo generator: Take the decision-making away with Coolbet’s combo generator. This allows you to set your desired odds, and then the sportsbook will create a bet for you based on what’s available. Your bet will go directly to your slip, ready for you to add your wager, making everything pretty fast-paced.
- Favourites: Add sports to your Coolbet favourites for easy access to your preferred betting options. Click the star icon next to any event to select it ready for betting. You will then be able to access this list from the Betbuilder and the main sportsbook page at any time. Your favourites will dictate the betting recommendations you receive.
Areas in need of improvement
- Betting options: Coolbet is sometimes lacking in wider betting options for some games. You will always find spreads, moneylines, and totals, but sometimes futures and props are a little sparse. We would also like to see the option to browse by bet type.
- Live streaming: Larger online sportsbooks like BetMGM Ontario and FanDuel offer live streaming to bettors. This would help to improve Coolbet Ontario’s live betting experience significantly — users would be able to track the game and wager from the same screen. Game and player statistics would also help you place more educated bets.
- Site layout: The Coolbet site layout can be a little confusing when it comes to the individual sports pages. Simplifying this to make it easier to browse the site would go a long way.
Coolbet online sportsbook banking options
Coolbet’s payment information is easy to find, which we like. To start the funding process, just click “Deposit” at the top of the page. Most payment options have a minimum deposit of $10. Here are your choices:
- Interac Online
- Interac e-transfer
How to withdraw money from the Coolbet Ontario app
Deposits are usually instant at Coolbet, whether you’re using a desktop or mobile device in Ontario, but some withdrawals can take up to three business days to arrive in your account. Withdrawals take three hours to process, and your chosen payment method will dictate the transfer time.
For instant withdrawals (after processing), cash out using MuchBetter. Interac and Visa/Mastercard withdrawals take one to three business days. All withdrawals must be for a minimum of $20, and Coolbet won’t charge you for any transactions.
Customer support at Coolbet Canada sportsbook
Coolbet Sportsbook’s customer support is solid for Canadian users. If you have a query, start by clicking the help button or accessing the FAQ link at the bottom of the site. The FAQ page is full of information, including details on payments, betting, and site rules.
We like that Coolbet Sportsbook Ontario is super transparent here. You won’t have to get in touch with a customer support representative to find hidden payment information, for example.
For further support from the sportsbook, click the blue live chat button on the left of the site. Normally, this will connect you to a live chat operator straight away. Coolbet Canada Sportsbook doesn’t offer email or phone support at this time, but we don’t think it’s necessary with efficient live chat support available.
Coolbet’s entry into the Canadian sports betting market
Coolbet first launched in Europe in 2016. The site expanded into Canada in the fall of 2019. When Ontario launched its expanded legal online gambling market in 2022, Coolbet was quick to transfer over. The site became available in the province on April 4, 2022.
Coolbet is licensed and regulated by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario. It’s officially partnered with the Toronto Arrows Rugby Football Club through the 2022 Major League Rugby season.
Coolbet Sportsbook Canada FAQ
You won’t need a Coolbet Sportsbook code when you register with the online sportsbook in Ontario.
Yes, Coolbet Sportsbook registered with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario in 2022.
No, and in fact Coolbet doesn’t offer a sportsbook app at the moment. You can bet online via a computer browser or open the sportsbook on your mobile browser — it’s optimized and ready for smaller screens.
The minimum deposit is $10, and funds will appear in your account instantly.
No, it doesn’t add any fees. However, you must meet the $20 minimum limit to cash out from your account each time you make a withdrawal.