Disclaimer: William Hill sportsbook in not yet available in Canada. This review is speculative and will be updated once sports betting becomes legal in Canada.
William Hill Sportsbook could arrive in Canada in the near future. The UK sportsbook made its way into the US in 2012, and could introduce its site to Canada if sports betting laws change in the country.
Single-event betting isn’t legal just yet, but a new bill could change this soon — opening the way for online sportsbooks to launch. William Hill is thriving in the US sportsbook market, so it could be one of the first to request a Canadian sports betting licence.
This review will go through everything you can expect if William Hill is to go live in Canada — including the sportsbook’s welcome offer, range of betting options and promotions for existing players.
What’s great about William Hill Sportsbook:
- Your first bet is risk-free after you register for an account.
- Simple, easy-to-use sportsbook app.
- Variety of sports to wager on.
- Good customer support.
William Hill welcome bonus in Canada
While we can’t be certain what William Hill’s welcome offer will be if it launches in Canada, we can reference the sportsbook’s current promotions across the US. When you register at you can claim a risk-free first bet up to $1,001.
When you qualify for William Hill’s offer, if your first bet at the online sportsbook loses, you’ll receive a refund in the form of a free bet credit for the amount of your wager, up to $1,001.
William Hill Canada promo code November 2021
To claim William Hill’s welcome offer, follow our link to the sportsbook website and sign up for an account. Enter the code LEGALRF when prompted and you’ll be eligible for the risk-free bet.
|Online Sportsbook||William Hill Sports Betting Canada|
|Risk Free Bet Offer||Your first bet is risk-free up to $1,001|
More bonus details
William Hill has kept its welcome offer pretty simple, but you should note a few details about the promotion before signing up. First, if your initial bet wins, you’ll receive nothing via the risk-free bet offer, though you will be able to collect your winnings as normal.
If your initial bet loses and you receive a free bet credit, you must use it within seven days. If you win with your free bet, you’ll receive only your winnings from the bet, not the original free bet back. So, essentially, William Hill is offering a second chance at a first win.
Regular promotions at William Hill
Once you’ve claimed William Hill’s risk-free bet offer, the sportsbook has a couple of other promotions for existing users. The list isn’t as big as at some other sportsbooks, but there’s always something to check out. For the full list, check William Hill’s promotions page on the desktop site or the app. Here’s an idea of what you’ll find:
- Win or Lose Parlay Boost: Place a four-leg pregame NBA parlay of $10 or more. If your parlay wins, receive a free bet equal to 25% of your net winnings. If your parlay loses, receive a free bet equal to 25% of your net losses.
- Thursday Night Feature: William Hill picks a new Thursday Night Feature each week. Place a prop bet and receive a maximum of $50 in cash back if it loses but your chosen team wins.
William Hill VIP program
William Hill has yet to introduce a VIP program for its players, but we’d like to see one in the near future. A program that allows players to build points based on their bets and earn sportsbook bonuses in return would greatly improve the user experience.
We’d also like to see a referral program from William Hill. Sportsbooks like FanDuel offer their players bonuses for referring friends and family to the site.
Is William Hill legal in Canada?
William Hill Sportsbook is not yet live in Canada, though it could be one of the first to launch in the country if sports betting laws are changed. Single-event wagering isn’t legal in Canada just yet, but Bill C-218 could change things.
If the bill is approved into law, Canadians would be able to place single sports bets and have much better access to online sports betting. Based on its success in the UK and the US, William Hill could be one of the first to apply for a Canadian sports betting licence if and when this happens.
To operate legally in the country, sportsbooks would need to apply for a licence and follow regulations set by the government.
How to create a William Hill account
Follow the steps below to create an account at William Hill. Get started by clicking on our sportsbook link, and clicking the “Register” or “Bet now” button. A registration e-form will pop up for you to fill in.
- Enter your first and last name and a valid email address, then enter your date of birth and phone number.
- Choose and enter a secure password, along with two security questions to protect your account.
- Fill in the last four digits of your Social Security number. This is so the sportsbook can verify your information.
- Enter your address.
- Enter the promo code to qualify for William Hill’s welcome bonus.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions of the site. Click “submit” to allow the sportsbook to verify your information and create your account.
William Hill Canada app
William Hill offers an app for you to bet with your smartphone or tablet. The app is available for iOS and Android, and you can use it to place bets, track bets, deposit and withdraw funds, and claim promotions.
The app largely follows the layout of the desktop site. You’ll find a small promotions banner at the top of the screen, and a main menu to help you navigate between sports. The app’s homepage displays all the biggest events of the day, though this will change based on the sport you’re viewing. The main menu also has a button to take you to the live betting page.
Select your odds to add them to the app’s bet slip. Here, you can add wagers and place your bets, as well as track ongoing selections. Use the app’s navigation menu to open the promotions page, cashier and support.
The sportsbook app follows the same classic feel as the sportsbook website — it’s well-organized and easy to use, letting you find and place your bets within minutes. Just make sure the sportsbook has access to your location to check your whereabouts. Here’s how to download the William Hill app.
How to download the William Hill Sportsbook app on Apple
Before starting, update your iOS device to ensure you’re using the most recent software. Open this William Hill review on your device using Safari. Click on the sportsbook link to the William Hill mobile site and follow these steps:
- If you haven’t already done so, create an account as described above.
- Head to the sportsbook homepage and scroll to find the “Our Apps” link. Click on the iOS button to be redirected to the App Store.
- Install the app and allow the operator to access your location.
- Launch the app and log in to your sportsbook account.
How to download the William Hill Sportsbook app on Android
You’ll need to download William Hill’s Android app directly from the sportsbook site. Start by updating your Android software, then open this review on your smartphone or tablet. Click on the William Hill link to head over to the site and follow these steps:
- Create a William Hill account as described above.
- Scroll down the site’s homepage until you find the “Our Apps” box. Click on the Android icon to trigger the download.
- While the app is downloading, open your device settings, and head into the security menu. Allow your device to install mobile apps from unknown sources.
- Open your notifications menu and click on the app file when it has finished downloading. The app will then install.
- Open the app and log in.
Best features of the William Hill Sportsbook app
We think William Hill Sportsbook is a great all-round product, but here are some of the things that really stand out:
- Risk-free first bet: If you lose your first bet, William Hill’s welcome offer essentially gives you a second chance.
- Good sports selection: William Hill covers hockey, basketball, baseball, football and more. You’ll find all the major leagues alongside smaller competitions — just use the main menu to browse the full offering.
- Multiple banking choices: The sportsbook has a solid list of secure banking options. Choose from among prepaid cards, e-wallets and online banking options. All payment methods are protected using SSL encryption.
- Classic site layout: We prefer sportsbook apps that are simple to use, meaning you can search for and place bets within a matter of minutes. You’ll use simple menus to navigate the site and quick links to move between pages.
- Detailed FAQ page: Head to William Hill’s FAQ page if you have any questions. The page covers getting started on the app, banking, promotions, house rules and more.
How could William Hill improve?
William Hill is largely a very good sportsbook site. However, there are a few ways it could still improve. Here’s a couple of changes we’d like to see at William Hill.
- Better promotions: One area where William Hill is lacking is its offers for existing players. We’d like to see a few more promotions on its dedicated page, as well as a rewards club to give back to its users.
- Option to select favourites: We’d like the opportunity to mark our favourite sports on the site, making them easier to return to each time we open the app. Some sportsbooks have a simple ‘Starred’ feature that allows users to flag their commonly accessed pages.
William Hill Sportsbook features and benefits
William Hill has been around for decades and has spent years building a fantastic sports site for its users. The site is generally very fast and unlikely to crash, even during popular sporting events. You can access the website on both desktop and mobile — it’s made to work well on smaller screens.
You’ll use the main menu to move around the sportsbook. On the website, a handy sports list appears on the left of the screen at all times, making it very easy to switch between your favourites. Your bet slip is also available on the right of the screen, so you can place and track wagers quickly.
We like that it’s easy to access support at the top and bottom of the site, using the FAQ or customer service contact options.
Bets available at William Hill Sportsbook
William Hill covers all popular bet types, including parlays, prop bets, teasers, moneylines, and point spreads. The site generally offers point spreads, moneylines and totals as default, though you can click the “more bets” button under any odds to view other options.
Both pregame and live bets are available, as well as long-term futures for those who enjoy placing season-long wagers.
Choose a sport from the operator’s main menu to start. On the website, you’ll find the most popular choices listed at the top and left, with a full A-Z menu further down the page. When you choose a sport, you’ll see any live games listed first. Scroll down to place pregame bets, and futures are listed just below.
Click the “more bets” button for more betting options. Click on your chosen odds to add them to your bet slip on the right of the page. Enter your wager then track your bet in the same column.
William Hill has pages of information on how to bet and its house rules — scroll to the footer of the site and click the “Help” button to get started.
Sports you can bet on at William Hill
You’ll find a range of sports available at William Hill Canada. The site covers hockey, basketball and baseball extensively, but there are plenty more to choose from. To bet on something different, choose from boxing, cricket, motorsports, tennis and rugby.
William Hill offers odds on the NHL, MLB, CFL, NFL and NBA. You’ll also find college football and college basketball odds. You’ll be able to place bets on the Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Blue Jays and Montreal Canadiens, among others. Both the male and female national hockey teams are covered in detail — look out for a variety of hockey futures and props. Here’s how William Hill covers the most popular sports at its site:
- Hockey: As default, the site lists moneyline, puck line and total goals bets — but click the “more bets” button to increase your options.
- Basketball: The sportsbook also covers basketball in detail — you’ll find games from the Toronto Raptors and all other NBA teams. Spreads, moneylines and totals are available as default across most games.
- Baseball: William Hill covers most major baseball games, including all Toronto Blue Jays games. Place bets on the World Series, as well as league and division winners.
William Hill futures betting
If you prefer to place season-long bets to add a little interest to your favourite sports, you’ll likely spend a lot of your time searching William Hill’s futures section. Choose a sport and scroll down the page to find available bets.
You’ll be able to wager on teams and individual players. Futures are often available across multiple leagues — make use of the “more bets” button to view all the available options.
How to deposit and cash out at William Hill
William Hill has worked hard to ensure all its banking methods are safe and easy to use. It has e-wallets, online banking, prepaid cards and more in its payment options. Here’s everything you need to know about banking at William Hill Sportsbook.
How to deposit
Deposits at William Hill start at $20, which is a little more than other sportsbooks. Add funds to your account using one of the following:
- Credit/debit card
- William Hill prepaid card
- Online banking
How to withdraw
When you request a withdrawal of at least $20 from William Hill, it’s guaranteed to be processed within 72 hours, but is usually much faster. Choose from the following options:
- Online banking
- William Hill prepaid card
William Hill customer support
Support is available to all William Hill users by clicking the support link at the top of the sportsbook, or scrolling to the footer of the site and clicking the help button. This will send you to the site’s FAQ page, which is a great source for finding answers on banking, promotions and house rules.
Alternatively, click the contact link on the FAQ page to get in touch with a member of customer support. Choose either live chat or email. William Hill’s live chat service is a little slower than other sportsbooks out there, but you shouldn’t need to wait longer than 15 minutes.
History of William Hill
William Hill has been around for decades. The company was founded in the United Kingdom in 1934 and has grown to become one of the leading sports betting and gambling operators in the world. The company moved into the United States in 2012 when it gained a Nevada sports betting permit and now operates in 14-plus states, including Illinois, Michigan, Colorado and New Jersey.
Now that Canada is considering changing its sports betting laws, it’s likely William Hill will soon be looking to apply to launch a sportsbook. If and when Canada approves single-event wagering, there’s no doubt William Hill will want to get in on the action.