NorthStar Bets Casino Ontario Review
NorthStar Bets Casino is live in Canada, specifically Ontario. Torstar Corp., a media company that owns the Toronto Star and several other newspapers, will offer its online casino under a subsidiary, NorthStar Gaming. Join NorthStar Bets Casino today and get started betting legally in a matter of minutes.
Software provider Playtech powers the online casino. Torstar Corp. has said that it will aim to use profits to support its journalism enterprises.
Check out our ful NorthStar Bets Casino review to learn everything you need to know about the Ontario online casino, we go into the online casino games, customer support, banking, and more.
What is the NorthStar Bets Casino sign-up code for December 2023?
You do not need to enter a NorthStar Bets Casino code. When you sign up with NorthStar Casino using our links you’ll be all set.
NorthStar Bets online casino code for December 2023
|Online Casino||NorthStar Bets Casino Canada|
|NorthStar Bets Casino Code||None needed, click here to register|
|Banking Methods||E-wallet (PayPal, ecoPayz), Play+ prepaid card, Credit/debit card, Online bank transfer|
|Last Updated||December 2023|
Is NorthStar Bets Casino legal in Canada?
Yes, NorthStar Bets Casino launched in Ontario. It is licensed by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario and iGaming Ontario. You must be 19 or older to create a NorthStar Bets online gambling account and play online casino games in the province. Players must also be within Ontario’s borders to play for real money.
How to download the NorthStar Bets Casino app in Ontario
Canadian casino apps allow you play a variety of slots and table games, deposit and withdraw cash, and even access customer support, and NorthStar Bets Casino app is available for both Android phones and tables, as well as iOS (Apple) phones and tablets.
You can find links for downloading the NorthStar Bets Casino app on the NorthStar bets website. Those links will take you to the correct apps on the App Store or Google Play Store.
How do I get started at NorthStar Bets online casino?
Online casinos make it fairly simple to create an account, and they all require pretty much the same info. At NorthStar Bets, here are the main details you may need to provide as part of registration:
- First and last name
- A username and password
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone number
- Home address
You’ll likely want to read over the terms and conditions, then select your marketing preferences to finalize your account details. From there, you can make a deposit by going to the cashier and selecting a payment method. Once you’ve done that, you can start playing games.
What games can you play at NorthStar Bets Casino?
Since NorthStar Bets has yet to launch its online casino, it’s impossible to know for sure what games will be available. It’s a safe bet, however, to expect both real money slots and table games. The variety may be a bit lacking early on, but the number of options will likely expand as NorthStar Bets becomes more established.
Online casinos tend to offer more slots than table games, and we can expect the same to be the case here. You might be able to find player favourites like Cleopatra and Gonzo’s Quest alongside new and popular titles from the likes of NetEnt, IGT and Scientific Games.
As for other games, options will likely include blackjack online, video poker, baccarat and roulette titles. As far as specifics, you might find classic blackjack alongside Zappit and multi-hand variations. For roulette, both the American and European versions might be available. And video poker could offer games like Tens or Better and Double Bonus Poker.
What are the most popular games at NorthStar Bets Casino in Ontario?
Again, it’s impossible to know what NorthStar Bets’ most popular games will be until it launches. Based on other online casinos, here are some potential candidates, though:
- Extra Chilli Megaways: This six-reel slot from Big Time Gaming is the sequel to hit game Bonanza. The title features up to 117,649 ways to win, and it is playable from $0.20 per spin. The free spins feature gives you the option to gamble to win extra free spins, and every win thereafter increases the multiplier by one. This highly volatile slot has a maximum potential payout of 20,000 times your original stake.
- Baywatch: This five-reel, 15-payline slot from IGT is based on the iconic TV show. You’ll open the game to the classic theme tune and see several familiar faces. Baywatch has two randomly triggered base games and a free spins bonus. Bets start from $0.25/spin, and payouts of up to 150 times your stake are available on each.
- Jacks or Better: Bet from $0.50 up to $5 in this high-quality five-card video poker variation. It’s packed with fun features that aim to appeal to both new and experienced players.
- Narcos: Another TV-themed title, Narcos is a five-reel, 243-payline slot from NetEnt. It offers walking wilds, free spins and more in a comic-book style. Bets start at $0.20 per spin, with maximum payouts of up to 1,506 times your original stake. The return-to-player rate is 96.23%.
Is NorthStar Bets the best online casino in Ontario?
Here is a look at some of the features that make NorthStar Casion great, as well as one area that could be improved.
What’s great about NorthStar Bets Casino
- Trusted company: Though NorthStar Bets is new to online gambling, it is not new to Ontario. The Toronto Star is among Canada’s leading newspapers in daily and weekly circulation.
- Funding journalism: NorthStar Bets has stated that it plans to use profits from its online casino to support journalism at the newspapers it owns, including the Toronto Star.
- Ontario-based company: NorthStar Bets co-owner Paul Rivett has stressed the importance of keeping some of the money that people gamble in Ontario within the province and the country.
Areas to improve about NorthStar Bets online casino
- Brand new casino: New casinos tend to have a few teething problems as they get up and running, which is something we’re likely to see from NorthStar Bets gambling as it finds its feet in Ontario. We’ll have to see how that shakes out.
Banking at NorthStar Bets online gambling
Deposits should reach your account instantly. Many online casinos require a minimum deposit of $10, though NorthStar Bets could end up requiring a higher minimum. A lower minimum is possible, as well, though that’s less common among legal online casinos. Here are some methods that you might be able to use to deposit at NorthStar Bets Casino:
- E-wallet (PayPal, ecoPayz)
- Play+ prepaid card
- Credit/debit card
- Online bank transfer
How to withdraw money from the NorthStar Bets app
Withdrawal options at online casinos generally include prepaid cards, online banking or a check in the mail. Once you request a withdrawal, it will take some time for NorthStar Bets to confirm and process your request, potentially up to 48 hours or maybe longer. Then, depending on the withdrawal method, your money could take up to three to five business days to reach you.
Customer support at NorthStar Bets internet gaming
NorthStar Bets Casino will likely provide a variety of ways to access customer support, with options potentially available via its website and its app. Most online casinos offer an FAQ section. If NorthStar Bets has one, this is where you’ll likely be able to read the information on banking, accounts, and more.
If you require further support, many online casinos offer some combination of access via online live chat, email and phone. Additionally, some sites also answer queries over social media channels. We’ll have to see which of these options NorthStar Bets makes available.
NorthStar Bets’ entry into the Canadian online casino market
NorthStar Bets has not yet launched its online casino in Canada, though when it does, it appears almost certain that it will first do so in Ontario, potentially in 2022. The company is headquartered in the province and has said it hopes to put its revenue back into its various newspapers.
NorthStar Bets Casino FAQ
It’s easy to open an account with NorthStar Bets Casino, so easy, in fact, that you don’t need to enter any special code when doing so.
Minimum deposits can vary from one online casino to another, and also depending on the specific deposit method. We’ll have to wait to see the specifics at NorthStar Bets once it launches.
Yes, NorthStar Bets will need to receive a license to launch in Ontario, meaning it will need to go through the regulatory process and pass safety and fairness requirements.
Once NorthStar Bets Casino goes live, it should provide a link or links to get its app on the homepage of its mobile website.