Disclaimer: Golden Nugget online casino is not yet online in Canada. This review is speculative based on the Golden Nugget casino in other jurisdictions and will be updated when and if Golden Nugget receives a license in Ontario.
April 4, 2022 saw the launch of regulated online casinos in Ontario, opening the door for the Golden Nugget to enter the market. While exact launch date remains unknown, we are confident Golden Nugget will arrive sooner than later.
Golden Nugget is already one of the most reputable land-based casinos, and it’s very well-known internationally. It has also received acclaim for its online operations. So much so that DraftKings, the sports betting giant, is now in the process of acquiring it. But this shouldn’t come as bad news for Golden Nugget casino fans.
DraftKings announced it intends to operate Golden Nugget as an individual brand, providing its customers with the same high-quality service they are used to. Moreover, although the company’s purchase is still underway, DraftKings established several processes to ensure the smooth integration of the brands. Over the past year, Golden Nugget put plans in motion for the company’s expansion in Canada and the US. The brand announced its objective to open online operations in Illinois and Pennsylvania in late 2021. Sadly, this didn’t happen as of yet. This delay is likely due to the current acquisition negotiations.
Nevertheless, the intent to expand to Canada is still there. Likewise, DraftKings is also open about its interest in opening operations in the country as soon as possible. For the time being, Golden Nugget has yet to announce its registration with the regulating commission of Ontario.
But one thing is sure: Golden Nugget casino will eventually join the Canadian market. The question remaining is when. Hopefully, something concrete will be announced soon, and when it is, we will update this page accordingly.
On this page, we’ll review what Golden Nugget will have to offer, including the games you can choose from, the interface and customer support, and other key aspects.
Is Golden Nugget legal in Canada?
Changes to online gambling in Ontario mean Golden Nugget can legally launch in the province shortly. Players must be 19 or older to register and place real money bets, and you will also need to be physically present in Ontario when playing any casino games.
The online casino will check your age and location upon registration and when you sign in to use the site or app. Golden Nugget has a history of trustworthy operations in parts of the US. It also has a responsible gambling policy that will allow you to place limits on your play should you wish, and you can temporarily or permanently close your account at any time.
How to download the Golden Nugget Casino app in Ontario Canada
Golden Nugget’s app has won several awards, and it’s clear to see why. The casino has created a fantastic product that’s available on both iOS and Android for phones and tablets.
Golden Nugget Casino on iOS
To download Golden Nugget onto an Apple device, follow these steps:
- Head to the Golden Nugget site, scroll down and select the “mobile app” option.
- This will take you to a page with instructions for downloading the app. There will also be a link for you to select that will take you directly to the correct page on the App Store, and you can complete the download from there.
- Once you’ve done that, you can open the app and sign in to start playing.
Golden Nugget Casino on Android
The process for getting the app on an Android phone or tablet is similar to getting it for iOS:
- Once you’ve selected the app option on the Golden Nugget site and you’re on the instruction page, there will be a link to take you to the Google Play Store.
- You’ll arrive on the Golden Nugget app page, and you can complete the installation from there, log in and start checking out the games.
How do I get started at Golden Nugget Casino in Canada?
Golden Nugget online casino has created an easy-to-follow registration form for new users in Canada. On the site, select the red “Sign Up” button at the top right of your screen. You must be 19 or older to create an account in Ontario. Fill in the details as prompted:
- Full name
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Username and password
- Two security questions
- Golden Nugget code when prompted (not needed at this time)
Confirm your account details, read through the terms and conditions of the site, then select your marketing preferences to create your account. Golden Nugget will then verify it. Make your first deposit on the site by clicking the cashier button. You’ll be able to choose your payment method and type in your chosen amount to fund your account in minutes.
From there, simply browse available games on the site to choose one to play. Click the “i” button next to any game to find info on min/max bets, jackpots, game themes and more.
What games can you play at Golden Nugget Online Casino?
Golden Nugget has an extensive library of games in locations where it’s been operating for a while, and the same is true in Ontario. The majority of these titles are real money slots, including classics, progressives and games exclusive to Golden Nugget. There’s also a good number of table games to choose from, including blackjack variations, roulette and baccarat.
The game library is easy to use. You can browse all games together, by category or by popular titles. Golden Nugget also has a handy system to filter out titles, similar to the one at BetMGM. You can filter your results by game type, provider and theme.
There are pages for new and exclusive games to browse if you’re a fan of trying out the latest titles. Golden Nugget adds games regularly, so you’re likely to find something fun and different to play every time you log in. Players can also give each game a star rating, and there’s a page for their favourites. There’s also a search bar to help you find specific titles if you’re looking for something in particular.
The slots lobby includes classics like 88 Fortunes, King Kong and Gonzo’s Quest alongside fun new titles like Goddess Treasures and Star Chaser. If you’re looking for Megaways, there’s plenty to choose from, including Medusa, Holy Diver, Raging Rhino and White Rabbit. Fans of jackpot slots can play Divine Fortune, Imperial Riches, Mercy of the Gods and many more. Most games have a return-to-player rate of 96% to 97% and vary in reels, layout, paylines and bet limits to suit a variety of tastes.
If you’re more into playing table games, Golden Nugget certainly won’t disappoint. Its casino sites in more established locations have around 40 to choose from, including blackjack and roulette options, and you’ll also find video poker options. Titles like single-hand blackjack have a minimum bet limit of $0.10, while games like Blackjack Pro have bet limits up to $25.
What are the most popular games at Golden Nugget in Ontario?
Check the “Fan Favourites” page to find the most popular games at Golden Nugget, according to those who use the casino. Here are some of the slots and table games you might find:
- Golden Nugget American Roulette: Exclusive to Golden Nugget, this roulette title has quickly become one of the most popular table games on the site. Bets start at just $0.10 and max out at $5,000. It has an RTP of 94.74% and is super easy to play, with features like hot or cold numbers and neighbours to add a little fun.
- Cleopatra: It’s no surprise that Cleopatra has made this list — it’s a fan favourite across many online casinos and has been for years. Join the Queen of the Nile for the chance to win a max payout of $113,750 on this slot, which has an RTP of just over 95%. Bets start at just $0.01 and max out at $200. The Cleopatra slot has five reels and 20 paylines.
- Capital Gains: This money-themed title has 243 ways to win and four jackpots. Capital Gains is a high volatility slot with a minimum bet of $0.50 and a max bet of $100. The five-reel title has a maximum payout of $250,000 and an RTP of 95.96%.
- Live Unlimited Blackjack: Try blackjack in a completely new way with this Golden Nugget exclusive. The game’s “common draw” format means you can join the game and start playing at any time. Bets start at $1 and max out at $2,500. The game has an RTP of 99.56% and a maximum payout of $12,500. It’s open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Is Golden Nugget the best online casino in Ontario?
Golden Nugget Ontario is definitely one of the top online casino operators in the province. We love the lengthy list of games to choose from, including exclusive titles. The Golden Nugget app only adds to the hype, providing a solid option if you’re away from your computer. Here is some more about what Golden Nugget has to offer:
What’s great about Golden Nugget Casino Online
- Huge slot selection: Golden Nugget’s library includes titles from NetEnt, IGT, NextGen Gaming and Scientific Games. In fact, the online casino splits the titles across categories to make them easier to browse.
- Filter system: You can filter the games to make it easier to view the huge collection at Golden Nugget. Filter by game type, provider and more to find the titles you’re likely to enjoy. You can also sort titles to make scrolling easier or to view titles you might otherwise miss hiding at the bottom of the page.
Areas in need of improvement
- Quantity of table games: The quality of the table games at Golden Nugget is fantastic. We would, however, like to see more table games from the casino to start matching up to the sheer number of slots available. Having said this, the table game library is still a step up from BetMGM, FanDuel Casino and some others.
- Retro look: We’re being really picky here as there isn’t much to dislike about Golden Nugget, but we would like to see the site get a fresh new look similar to Caesars Online Casino’s recent move on the previous William Hill site. This would really brighten up the online casino and make it easier to browse.
Golden Nugget Casino banking options
Information on how to deposit and withdraw at Golden Nugget Ontario is readily available using the main menu. Open the cashier to start, and choose what you want to do. You can fund your account using the following options:
- Prepaid card
- Bank transfer
How to withdraw money from the Golden Nugget Casino app
The online casino usually processes withdrawals within 48 hours, and funds will arrive in your account shortly after. You can cash out using one of several payment methods, including e-check, PayPal, ecoPayz, prepaid card, wire transfer or a check in the mail.
Customer support at Golden Nugget Online Casino
Around-the-clock support is available at Golden Nugget. You can get in touch using live chat, phone or email. It’s easiest to access the live chat by clicking the chat button at the bottom of your page at any time.
Alternatively, access the Golden Nugget FAQ for fast information that you can browse on your own. The casino’s help page is great and covers banking, responsible gambling and more.
Golden Nugget’s entry into the Canadian online casino market
With Ontario online casinos opening up, Golden Nugget naturally made its debut in the province. The online casino already operates legally in a couple of US states south of the border.
Golden Nugget Online Casino FAQ
What is the Golden Nugget code?
As of September 2023 you do not need to enter a sign-up code when you sign up with Golden Nugget online casino in Ontario. Simply register with Golden Nugget using our links and you’ll be all set.
What is the minimum age to bet at Golden Nugget Casino in Ontario?
You must be aged 19 or older to legally create an account and play online casino games in the province.
How do I get paid if I win?
There’s a number of ways to withdraw from Golden Nugget Casino. You can cash out using e-check, PayPal, ecoPayz, prepaid card, wire transfer or a check in the mail. There’s a $10 minimum limit on all withdrawals.
How do you bypass the app location at Golden Nugget?
You cannot bypass the geolocation technology on the Golden Nugget app. It’s there to ensure all players are accessing the app legally.
Is Golden Nugget casino safe?
Yes, the casino site is safe and offers around-the-clock support for users who may need it. SSL encryption works to protect your payment details, and there are various options out there to set limits on your deposits and spending at the casino.