Sports Interaction Ontario Sportsbook Review
Sports Interaction Sportsbook, also known as SIA, is now accepting wagers in Ontario. You can sign up with Sports Interaction and check out their latest news and updates. SIA is owned by the Mohawk Council of Kahnawake.
SIA bills itself as “Canada’s most trusted sportsbook” and while that is a pretty tough statement to quantify, we can say it is a top-notch Ontario online sportsbook worthy of your attention. One of the aspects we really enjoy about SIA is its Insights pages. Insight pages are basically a breakdown of a game. Here you can see the betting trends, how each team has been performing, and even a score prediction.
The site works on a mobile browser in addition to online via desktop computers. Read on for more about the types of bets and sports available at SIA, banking, customer service, and more.
- Integrated sportsbook, casino, racebook and poker.
- Huge selection of sports and live betting action.
- Huge selection of sports and live betting action.
Sports Interaction Sportsbook referral code 2023
|Online Sportsbook||Sports Interaction (SIA)|
|SIA Canada Referral Code||None needed – Click to register|
|Top Features||Live betting, popular bets display, betting insights|
|Deposit Methods||Visa, MasterCard, Instadebit, ecoPayz, MuchBetter, Interact, iDebit|
|Launch Date||April 2022|
|Last Updated||June 2023|
Signing up for an SIA Sportsbook account
You must be at least 19 years old and a resident of Canada to create an SIA account. If that description fits you, just head over to the Sports Interaction site and look for the green button that says “sign up.”
You’ll need to enter your legal name, email address, birthdate, and home address, and choose your username and of course a password. Click a box to state you have reviewed and agree with the legal documents, and you’re done.
Sports Interaction Canada app
There’s no downloadable app, but you don’t really need one. The mobile version of the site is compatible with all mobile browsers and is almost identical to the desktop version. Sports Interaction’s platform is compatible with all devices, whether Android or Apple smartphones and tablets, or full-size PC or Mac laptop or desktop computers.
The in-house platform performs quickly and smoothly. Visually, the site couldn’t be better. The simple black and grey background, minimalistic white and orange font, and precise spacing between sections makes navigating easy.
When it comes to sorting through Sports Interaction’s massive amount of data, the site’s minimalistic icons; quick-snap, drop-down menus; and subtle scrolling bars manage to present all the data you’d expect to find, plus a lot more, without overcrowding the page.
Navigating the Sports Interaction app
As mentioned above, it’s not hard to navigate. The page is set to English by default, but you can switch to French via a toggle switch in the page footer.
The most popular sports and bets appear in the middle of the page. Scroll down to see live betting options. A side bar on the left lists all available sports, with hockey in pride of place at the top. At the bottom, you’ll find a link to display up-to-date scores. The upper navigation bar allows you to switch between the integrated sportsbook, casino, live casino, racebook and poker site with just a click.
You can place real money wagers with just a few taps. Pick your action from over 20 sports and hundreds of games. Your game of choice will appear in the center of the page. Next, click on the odds you like, and your bet slip will open along the right edge of the page. Enter the amount, then tap to place your bet.
Best features of the SIA app
SIA offers a slew of great features for sports bettors. Here are a few of them:
- Slick, understated platform: With its minimalist graphics and selective spacing, SIA is so understated that at first glance you might think it’s short on details. Take a closer look to see just how much information is on one page. There’s no clutter here; just skillful programming and artful design.
- Respected, experienced brand: Shortlisted for the prestigious EGR North America 2021 Operator of the Year award, SIA has nearly 25 years of experience in Canadian sports betting. Launched in 1997, the platform is fully integrated with a sportsbook, casino, live casino, facebook, and poker room.
- Excellent live betting selection: SIA offers 100+ live events most days, including hockey, football, basketball, soccer, and tennis. Place live wagers on point spreads, half and period totals, over/unders, and more.
- Customer service availability: SIA player support is on hand 24/7 via live chat, phone, email, web form, and Twitter. It also maintains a well-organised and thorough FAQ, and a slew of articles with advice for bettors.
- Large list of sports, leagues, teams, and events: Place a variety of wagers on 20+ sports ranging from the NFL and NHL to esports. The number of countries, leagues, and teams that have potential wagers at SIA is impressive.
SIA Sportsbook Screenshots
Types of bets on the SIA Sportsbook app
You’ll find a variety of wagers and odds at SIA. Frequent updates take place in real time, and changes appear outlined in green if the odds have become more favourable, or red to indicate the opposite. Click the odds type tab to switch between American, decimal or fractional odds. Here are the bets you’ll find at Sports Interaction:
- Moneyline bets: Wager on one team to win. Negative odds indicate the favourite, while positive odds indicate the underdog. The gap between the two indicates the extent of the perceived mismatch.
- Point spreads: Wager on the margin of victory. If you wager on the favourite, the team must win by more than the spread in order to win your bet. If you wager on the underdog, the team must avoid losing by more than the spread.
- Totals (over/unders): Wager on the combined total score of the game by picking either over or under the line that the sportsbook has set. It doesn’t matter which team wins. The only thing that matters is the total score for both sides.
- Props: Side bets on a player’s performance or certain aspect of the game, such as the score at the end of the period, whether a certain player will score, or similar. The final score generally doesn’t matter.
- Parlays: Combine two or more wagers for a bigger potential payout. To win your parlay, each individual wager must be correct. SIA parlays can include up to 10 teams and may feature odds of +6000 or more.
- Teasers: Similar to parlays, but teasers allow you to move the line in your favour for each leg. The odds will change to take into account your new lines. Look for SIA’s super teasers, which offer up to 10.5 points on basketball and 13.5 on football.
- Round robins: Also similar to parlays, but you can miss one leg and still wind up winning some money.
- Futures: Wagers placed on season-long outcomes, such as who will win the next Stanley Cup or Super Bowl, or who will win a league’s MVP award.
- Live betting: Bet on games that are in progress. SIA offers a variety of live betting action.
Sports Interaction also offers early cash-out prices on select wagers that are still in play, which may help protect your winnings or reduce your losses. Cash-out prices depend on real time live market prices, timing and the particular circumstances of that event.
Open bets with an eligible cash-out offer will appear under the “My Bets” section. If the cash-out button is greyed out, the offer is no longer available. Only single bets are eligible to cash out early. You can cash out live bets only in the live betting section, and they include a five second bet card delay.
Live betting at Sports Interaction
Whether Ontario sports betting will allow live betting is unknown at this time, but as things stand now, SIA offers a wide selection of live bets involving dozens of sports, leagues and teams every day. While you can’t watch live betting games streamed live on SIA, events will update on the screen in real time.
Sports you can bet on at SIA
You’ll be hard-pressed to find a sportsbook that offers more sports, leagues and games than SIA. For instance, SIA offers over 100 soccer leagues and you might find more than 25,000 games to choose from during the busiest times of the year.
There are 25-plus basketball leagues, 10-plus hockey leagues, and 12-plus rugby leagues. Basically, if a sport is popular, you’ll find all the top-tier pro leagues, the various minor leagues, college conferences, and other top amateur leagues at SIA. From cricket to curling, hockey to handball, SIA is likely to offer a line for that day’s games.
SIA futures betting
In addition to standard wagers, SIA offers a large assortment of futures bets. Look for odds on the Toronto Raptors, Maple Leafs or Blue Jays to win their division, make the postseason or take the overall championship. You can also place futures bets on specific players to win individual awards.
Futures bets will be available during the offseason, right through the entire year, and even into the postseason. Depending on the increased or decreased chance of a wager’s success, the odds will change along the way.
Banking on the SIA Sportsbook app
SIA currently offers a number of funding options for making safe and secure deposits and withdrawals. Should it receive licensing through Ontario regulators, additional banking methods will likely be available, including PayPal and ACH e-check options.
Currently, SIA accepts the following banking methods for deposits:
- Visa, Mastercard credit and debit
- Instant Payments
- Interac eTransfer
Interac eTransfer allows you to add money to your SIA account directly from your bank account within an hour. MuchBetter is an app-based e-wallet that you can fund with Visa, Mastercard or Interac eTransfer.
SIA currently accepts a limited number of withdrawal options, but more will likely become available should it begin operating under Ontario regulations. Players are limited to one free withdrawal every month. Additional cash-outs cost a $20 fee, along with the following additional fees:
- InstaDebit: Your first two monthly withdrawals carry no additional charges. Subsequent withdrawals during a one-month period will cost an additional $2 per transaction.
- Wire transfer: Withdrawals less than $1,000 cost an additional $10 fee. Withdrawals of $1,000 on up have no added fees.
- Check by mail: Withdrawals less than $1,000 cost an additional $5 fee. Withdrawals of $1,000 on up have no additional fees.
SIA customer support
SIA offers around-the-clock customer support seven days a week. The FAQ is thorough and well-organized, and should provide the answers to most general questions. For more in-depth concerns, you can contact customer support via the following:
- Live chat: Click the yellow live chat link in the lower left corner of the screen to get started
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 888-922-5575
- Twitter: @SIASport
- Online web form: Via the help centre link
SIA also provides a number of informative articles and blogs targeted toward bettors of all skill levels that cover upcoming events, tips and sports betting guides.
History of Sports Interaction Canada
The Mohawks of Kahnawake First Nation tribe passed the Kahnawake Gaming Law in 1997 to form an independent commission to regulate online gambling.
Launched on Nov. 30, 1999, the Sports Interaction sportsbook originally served North American sports bettors in Canada and the United States. After the passage of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006 in the US, Sports Interaction dropped the American market.
Over the next two-plus decades, SIA played a key role in the economic livelihood of the Kahnawake community. Operated by Mohawk Online, the site is regulated by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, as well as United Kingdom commissions out of Jersey. Mohawk Online was recently shortlisted for the 2021 EGR North America Operator of the Year award.
SIA Sportsbook Canada FAQ
There isn’t one. Simply sign up for Sports Interaction Ontario here, and you’ll be able to get started betting right away.
Yes, Sports Interaction wouldn’t be able to operate legally in Ontario unless it was licensed by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
You are required to be at least 19 years old to bet on sports in Ontario legally.
No, you don’t have to reside in Ontario, but you will need to be in Ontario whenever you want to make a wager.