LeoVegas Casino Canada – Sign-up & Review
Sign up for a new account with LeoVegas Casino Canada to play slots and table games, or its popular Play ‘n Go game, Book of Dead.
LeoVegas collection of 1,500+ games, including live dealer and exclusive titles, can be played from home on updated web browser for PC or Mac computer, or while you’re on the go on an award-winning mobile app for Apple iOS and Android smartphones and tablets.
Our comprehensive review will detail everything you’ll need to know to get started on the site, as well as how LeoVegas Casino stacks up against the competition, banking information, customer service, and a look at all the great games.
What is the LeoVegas sign-up code for Canada?
LeoVegas does not require a sign-up code in Ontario. Use our exclusive links to create your new account.
|Online Casino||LeoVegas Casino Canada|
|LeoVegas Code||None - Use Links|
|Last Updated||September 2022|
Is LeoVegas Online Casino legal in Ontario?
Yes. LeoVegas is authorized to offer legal online casino gambling in Ontario. Every individual province sets its own laws and policies to regulate online gambling, which includes appointing a government agency dedicated to industry rules and oversight.
In Ontario, the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario began accepting applications from third-party casino operators in August 2021. Approved applicants were able to form a commercial alliance with the province in order to operate legally. LeoVegas became one of the first legal sites to launch in the province, launching under regulatory approval in April 2022.
Residents of Canada can sign up for a new LeoVegas Online Casino ON account from anywhere in the country, but players must be located within Ontario borders to legally wager real money online.
Your location will be monitored by geolocation software that will disconnect you from the site if you stray across the province borders. Patrons must also be at least 19 years of age.
Download the LeoVegas Casino app in Canada
Many Canadian gamers may already be familiar with the LeoVegas app. If so, then chances are good that they’re already fans of “The King of the Mobile Casino.” We certainly are. We found the LeoVegas proprietary mobile app, developed in-house by the Sweden-based mobile gaming company, to offer a smooth, stable and glitch-free experience on both Android and Apple devices.
It’s no fluke that LeoVegas was named 2021’s Online Casino of the Year by Global Gaming Awards for the fourth consecutive year. In addition to that honour, International Gaming Awards named LeoVegas its 2019 Mobile Operator of the Year.
We liked the simple yet attractive interface that includes nearly every feature found on the full-size version of the site. Despite the app’s functionality, we didn’t find the interface to be busy or cluttered, nor did our wifi/data connection ever get bogged down.
The highlight of our experience was the way new screens, even game interfaces, open in embedded tabs rather than new windows. We felt this design provided faster and easier navigation. One tap can move you from the account menu to the game lobby to a game interface. We also liked the fact that you can still access various navigation bars while inside the game interface.
In summary, we thought the LeoVegas Online app, which includes casino, sportsbook, poker room and bingo verticals, offers one of the top online casino experiences in North America. While we don’t want to go on and on about the unique look of this app, we definitely recommend that you try the site out for yourself. Keep reading for step-by-step instructions on how to download the app for your device.
LeoVegas Casino app on iPhone
To get the app for iPhone or iPad, just follow these simple steps:
- Navigate to LeoVegas Online Casino on your mobile browser;
- You should receive an automatic invitation to download the app; if not, you can search for the app in the Apple App Store;
- Click the invitation link to transfer to the Apple App Store page for LeoVegas Online Casino;
- From the App Store, tap “Install” to download the app to your mobile device;
- Once the app is installed, click to open, and sign in to your new account;
- Be sure to allow the app access to your location (for geolocation purposes).
Note that you must allow the app access to your location in order to gamble real money online in Canada.
LeoVegas Casino app on Android
To get the app for Android devices and tablets, just follow these easy steps:
- First, tap “Settings” on your mobile device, then click to open the “Security” section.
- Toggle the switch to allow downloads from unknown sources;
- Navigate to LeoVegas Online Casino on your mobile browser;
- Log in to your LeoVegas account, then visit the Help Centre using the tab at the top of the game lobby;
- On the right side of the Help Centre page, tap the “Android App” tab;
- Click the “Download the LeoVegas Android App” link to start the installation;
- Once the app is installed, click to open and sign in to your new account.
Note that you must allow the app access to your location in order to gamble real money online in Canada.
How do I sign up with LeoVegas Casino in Ontario?
It’s not difficult to sign up for a new LeoVegas account in Canada. You may register from any province in Canada, but in order to wager real money online, you’ll need to be at least 19 years of age and located within Ontario borders.
Here’s how to go about opening a new LeoVegas account:
- Click “Open Account” on the LeoVegas Online Casino welcome page;
- Provide your full name as it appears on your official photo ID;
- Provide the requested personal information, such as date of birth, gender, email address, phone number and home address;
- Check the boxes to signal that you’re at least 19 years of age and agree with the site’s terms and conditions and other legal documents;
- Click the “Submit” button to finish up.
What games can I play at LeoVegas Casino Canada?
With more than 1,500 casino games, including genuinely exclusive titles, LeoVegas truly offers something for everyone. We weren’t able to play all the titles that appealed to us after a quick scan of just a fraction of the total collection. Along with slots, progressive and fixed jackpot slots, you’ll find a variety of games, table games and top-quality live dealer casino games in HD.
Games are sortable by category via the navigation bar. Click the Live Casino link at the top of the screen to enter the live dealer lobby. We were impressed to see that every game also displays an ‘i’ button that, when clicked, will display general instructions and a short description.
The app game lobby displays a few titles of each type of game to help you save bandwidth. Some games offer a battery-saving mode that will also help you conserve as well. Recently played titles can be easily accessed along the bottom edge of the screen.
LeoVegas has current partnerships in place with a long list of popular game studios, including 2 by 2 Gaming, Bally, Barcrest, Bet Digital, Big Time Gaming, Blueprint, Chance Interactive, Core Gaming, Fantasma, Felt Gaming, Genesis Games, IGT, iSoftBet, Just For The Win, Lightning Box, Lucky Streak, Microgaming, Nextgen, Openbet, Pragmatic Play, Push Gaming, Quickspin, Rabcat, Realistic Games, Thunderkick and Williams.
Slots account for most of the LeoVegas library of 1,500+ casino games. Canadian gamers will find a huge collection of real money slot games optimized for mobile play, including themed games modelled after game shows, board games, TV shows, music genres and bands.
Games range from old familiar favourites to cutting-edge new releases with exciting new bonus features. LeoVegas also offers about 50 Megaways and fixed-jackpot games, along with some of the most lucrative progressive jackpot slots found online. You’ll also find a number of exclusive Yggdrasil games that can only find be found here on LeoVegas, including:
- Wild Mantra
- Mount Magmas
- Book of Destiny
- Royal Family
- Pirates 2
- Smugglers Paradise
Look for keno, craps, instant win games such as virtual scratch-offs and plenty of virtual sports games from Inspired Gaming.
Stakes range from penny slots to thousands of dollars per wager, as well as everything in between. There are games to suit every budget at LeoVegas Online Casino.
LeoVegas table games
Along with standard table games such as online blackjack, roulette, baccarat and video and table poker, LeoVegas offers a variety of live casino games from Extreme Live Gaming, including live dealer blackjack.
Live casino blackjack includes such innovative features as bet behind and in-game deposits, while a wide range of live dealer roulette tables is sure to fit every budget.
A few of the blackjack titles you’ll find include:
- 6 in 1 Blackjack
- Buster Blackjack
- Back Blackjack
- Buster Blackjack
- European Blackjack
- Blackjack Perfect Pairs
- Lucky Ladies Blackjack
- Blackjack 21 + 3
- Suit ’em Up Blackjack
Video poker games include Joker Poker. For baccarat fans, there’s Baccarat Deluxe. Standard table poker games include the following:
- High Card Flush
- Hold’em Poker 3
- Caribbean Stud
- Texas Hold’em Bonus
- 3 Card Hold’em
What are some popular games on LeoVegas in Ontario?
With 1,500+ games, it won’t be long before you’ll have a long list of favourite slots games on LeoVegas Ontario. One popular title is Gigantoonz from Play’n Go. This newer title uses a grid-based, cluster pays system, rather than a set (or expanding) number of reels. You’ll need six or more adjacent matching symbols for a win. New symbols replace winnings symbols until no new winning combinations are formed.
If you’re looking for a newer game that uses standard reels, try Agent Jane Bond Max Volume from Microgaming. This five-reel grid has nine paylines and multiple bonus rounds. The game’s low variance means you’ll have a higher chance to see a lot of low-paying wins, so you have a chance to see a lot of action.
Be sure to try at least one exclusive LeoVegas game from Yggdrasil, such as Avatars: Gateway Guardians. This unusual grid has a spinning wheel reel split into three segments with six symbols each. Angle for a win in a Hot Spot segment to trigger the Multiplier Wheel and the chance to take home up to 101x your original wager. There’s also a free spin round on a dedicated eight-payline wheel that has additional hot spots.
Is LeoVegas the best online casino in Ontario?
The legal, regulated gaming industry in Ontario is brand new, so it’s hard to say what online casinos will end up on top a year from now. However, we think we can confidently say that LeoVegas is the top online casino in Ontario at present.
However, US-based online casinos such as FanDuel and DraftKings Casino also have existing relationships with Canadian banks and gamers due to their popular fantasy sports verticals.
When you consider all of these factors, both DraftKings and FanDuel Ontario may be able to take over a larger share of the market, at least down the road, and other US-based casinos may move up the ladder relatively quickly. With that in mind, we’re not confident that LeoVegas will stay on top for long unless pertinent business strategies are pointed in a new direction.
What’s great about LeoVegas
See below for a few areas where we think LeoVegas particularly excels:
- Top casino honours: LeoVegas has won the global Online Casino of the Year award for the past four years. The operator was also named 2019 Mobile Operator of the Year, another global-scope award. This is a savvy casino that knows how to do things right. We expect LeoVegas to do well against all competitors in the new legal, regulated gaming markets in Canada.
- Top-notch app: LeoVegas is also an automatic top contender in the Ontario gaming market just on the strength of its excellent app. This app is one of the most stable platforms we’ve seen. The excellence of the app alone may be enough to hang on to its current customers, as well as attract new ones.
- Huge game collection: With a current casino game library of more than 1,500 titles, LeoVegas has a huge advantage over incoming US-based casinos that will have to start from scratch. A few US-based casinos offer 1,000 or so games in New Jersey, but sites in other states typically offer much fewer.
Areas in need of improvement
See below for a few areas where we think LeoVegas could do better:
- Deficient demo mode: LeoVegas does have a demo mode that lets you try its games for free. While we’re all for that strategy, we’re less than enthused about the “Sign Up” text box that hangs over a good third of the demo-mode game screen.
LeoVegas Casino deposit and withdrawal methods
LeoVegas online casino has a number of deposit and withdrawal options available. We found that no matter your banking needs, LeoVegas has a banking option that will suit. New financial options may become available down the road. These will appear on the online cashier screen as they are added.
Just be aware that, in most cases, the banking method you choose to make a deposit will automatically become the required method for withdrawals.
How to make a deposit on the LeoVegas app
To get started with your deposit, tap the “Cashier” link prominently displayed on the app screen, then follow the directions given by the on-screen prompts. Be aware that the personal information you enter during registration must match up exactly with your personal bank account data.
If you need to correct any previously entered personal details, contact customer service via the handy live chat button on the full-sized version of the site. Live chat is not available on the app, but you can reach out to player support via the Help Centre link.
We found the most hassle-free banking options were MuchBetter and iDebit, but deposits of at least $10 can be made to your online LeoVegas wallet using any of the following safe, secure and reputable banking methods:
- MuchBetter: This eWallet banking method takes just a few minutes to set up and provides fast deposits and withdrawals. You must set up and use this method for a deposit before it can be used to make a withdrawal.
- iDebit: After a short set-up process, this online banking option will allow you to connect directly with your banking account in order to transfer funds into your LeoVegas online wallet. Once you’ve used this method to make a successful deposit, it will be ready to use for withdrawals.
- Visa and MasterCard: Debit and credit cards can be used for immediate deposits if your issuing bank will allow them. Note that some banks will charge you a cash advance fee. Withdrawals cannot be made via credit and debit cards. If you use this method for a deposit, any subsequent withdrawals will be processed via bank transfer. Some banks may impose restrictions on bank transfer withdrawals with online casinos, so be sure to check with your financial institution beforehand to find out.
- Interac Online: This online banking method is an immediate, secure and easy-to-use deposit method if your financial institution will accept online banking transactions with online casinos. Just enable the “Bill Pay” function to get started. Withdrawals cannot be processed via Interac Online. If you use this method for a deposit, any subsequent withdrawals will be processed via bank transfer. Some banks may impose restrictions on bank transfer withdrawals with online casinos, so be sure to check with your financial institution beforehand to find out.
- Interac e-Transfer: Another immediate and secure deposit method if your personal bank is a participating financial institution. Withdrawals cannot be processed via Interac e-Transfer. If you use this method for a deposit, any subsequent withdrawals will be processed via bank transfer. Some banks impose restrictions on bank transfer withdrawal transactions with online casinos, so be sure to check with your financial institution beforehand to find out.
- PaySafeCard: The PaySafeCard is a prepaid credit card that can be purchased at more than 650,000 retail outlets around the world, including select supermarkets, convenience stores and gas stations. Withdrawals cannot be processed via PaySafeCard. If you use this method for a deposit, subsequent withdrawals will be processed via bank transfer. Some banks impose restrictions on bank transfer withdrawal transactions with online casinos, so be sure to check with your financial institution beforehand to find out.
How to make a withdrawal on the LeoVegas app
LeoVegas strives to provide secure withdrawals as quickly as possible. You will first need to upload a number of documents to prove that you own the bank account you select for your withdrawal. You will receive an email from LeoVegas to let you know what you’ll need to upload, along with the necessary links and instructions.
Counting the standard internal review conducted by LeoVegas to guard against fraudulent transactions, as well as the standard processing time of your financial institution, withdrawals to a verified banking account will usually take up to five business days to arrive in your account.
To get started, click “Withdrawal” under the account menu, then choose a banking method previously used to make a deposit. Next, enter the amount you wish to withdraw, then follow the on-screen prompts. Once you’ve made your withdrawal request, the amount will continue to show up in your balance and on the withdrawal page until LeoVegas conducts its internal review.
Some banks do not allow transactions with online casinos. The following is a partial list of banks that will not conduct online casino transactions:
- Tangerine Bank
- TD Canada Trust
- Bank of Nova Scotia
- Royal Bank of Canada
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
If your bank is included in the above list, you will need to set up an alternate method to complete your withdrawal. You may either set up an alternate account with a different bank, or you may use either Instadebit or iDebit to deposit at least $10 in order to set up an account. Once your new account is established, you can then use that method to make a withdrawal, including your $10 deposit.
Of course, you will need to prove your ownership of any new banking method you register with LeoVegas Online Casino.
LeoVegas customer support
LeoVegas Online Casino provides Canadian gamers with 24-hour customer service available every day of the week. Answers to general questions will likely be found in the frequently asked questions section, accessed by tapping the Support link, then choosing the Help Centre tab on the new page.
If you need more personal attention, you can email [email protected], or use the “Support” button found at the bottom of the full-sized browser-based page to open a live chat window. Unfortunately, live chat is not available on the app, but we contacted player support via our email client and received a helpful and complete reply within just a few hours.
Inside the Help Centre, you will find FAQ topics arranged by categories, including uploading documents, geolocation, deposits, withdrawals, your account, live dealer games and casino games.
Along the left side of the Help Centre are tabs to open other pages, including a dedicated site for the Android app and LeoSafePlay, the go-to page for all things related to responsible gaming. To return to the main Help Centre page, click the link at the top of the page to go back to the FAQ.
LeoVegas in the legal, regulated Canadian gaming market
Legal, province-sponsored online casino gaming handled via individual lottery systems is already legal across most of Canada, including British Columbia, Quebec, Manitoba, Ontario, Alberta, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland.
Offshore online casinos are not authorized in any Canadian province. The legalization of single-game sports wagering by the federal government took place in the summer of 2021.
At that time, the province of Ontario began the necessary legal steps to form an independent, legal, regulated gaming industry. The Ontario lottery now governs a legal, regulated gaming industry open to privately owned online casinos that have applied for an agreement to operate in the province legally.
A few of the online casino brands expected to open in Ontario include LeoVegas, FanDuel, BetMGM and DraftKings, among other brands. Additional jurisdictions, such as British Columbia, may offer additional online gaming verticals within the already established lottery system.
LeoVegas Canada Online Casino FAQs
No sign-up code is necessary when creating your new account at LeoVegas. Just use our exclusive links to be directed to the registration page.
Yes. The LeoVegas app is built on Rhino, a proprietary back-end platform that offers the most modern and sophisticated technology to make sure your personal information and financial data are secure. In addition, the platform is also fully ported to the Google Cloud for stability and scalability.
Founded in 2012 in Sweden, LeoVegas is a mobile gaming company publically traded on the Stockholm Stock Exchange. In addition to Canada and Sweden, the brand is also available in Norway, Finland, the Netherlands, Australia, the United Kingdom, Austria, Switzerland and Germany, among other countries. LeoVegas is also currently developing a presence in the United States, with planned operations in the states of New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Yes. The LeoVegas app supports an integrated casino, sportsbook, poker room and bingo site. While not all verticals may be available at launch, as soon as the necessary government authorization is secured, Ontario residents will likely see the full array at some point down the road.
Yes. Under the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, the newly legal and regulated gaming industry began accepting applications from interested third-party online casinos in the fall of 2021. In addition, casino games must be tested for fairness and authorized by the commission before they can be offered to the public. To legally gamble real money online, you must be 19 years of age or older and located within Ontario borders. Geolocation software will monitor your location to prevent any wagers outside legal boundaries.