Unibet Ontario Sportsbook – App Review & Sign-up
Unibet Sportsbook is available in Ontario, giving users a great way to bet on all of their favorite sports, including the NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB and MLS. Unibet Ontario launched on April 11, 2022, a week after online sportsbooks as a whole began coming online in the province. You can be using either the Unibet website or app, available for both iOS and Android.
At Unibet you can place pre-game wagers, as well as live bets. Live betting allows you to bet on games while they’re happening, which can really enhance the sports-watching experience. We really love the search bar at Unibet. For example, type “Toronto” into the search field and you’ll be able to see all the betting options for the Toronto Raptors, Toronto FC, Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Argonauts, Toronto Blue Jays and Toronto Ultra (eSports).
When you click on our Unibet Ontario signup links you’ll be able get signed up right away.
Read on for a full review of what Unibet could offer Canadian sports bettors.
- Tons of betting options for Canadian teams.
- Wide choice of sport betting options.
- Clean and easy to navigate platform.
- Mobile app for iOS or Android devices.
What is the Unibet Ontario Sportsbook code for March 2023?
There isn’t one, simply sign up with Unibet Sportsbook Ontario here.
|Online Sportsbook||Unibet Sportsbook Ontario|
|Unibet Ontario Referral Code||None – Click to sign up|
|Unibet Top Features||Responsive search bar, live betting & quality apps|
|Unibet Minimum Deposit||$10|
|Unibet Payment Methods||Visa, MasterCard, Instadebit|
|Unibet Sportsbook Ontario Launch||April 11, 2022|
|Last Updated||March 2023|
When did Unibet Sportsbook launch in Canada?
On April 11, 2022.
At the end of January, the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) announced that it would finally regulate gambling in Ontario starting on Monday, April 4, 2022. The process of regulation and legalization in Canada has been ongoing for years. For a while, you could make parlay wagers through a state-run, provincial operator, but now you can bet with top operators like Unibet.
How to download the Unibet Sportsbook app in Ontario
The Unibet Sportsbook app makes it easy to place bets no matter where you are in Ontario, so those last-minute pregame bets and ongoing live bets won’t be a problem if you’re away from your computer. The app is available on Apple and Android devices, and here is how you can download it:
Unibet Sportsbook on iOS
To download Unibet’s app, head to the sportsbook site via a mobile browser and follow these steps:
- On the Unibet site, select the “Mobile apps” link from the main menu.
- Select the “Download on the App Store” button. This will take you to the correct Unibet download page on the App Store.
- Download the app from there and log in to start betting.
Unibet Sportsbook on Android
Downloading Unibet on Android is a simple process. Start at the Unibet sportsbook homepage:
- On the Unibet mobile site, select “Mobile apps” under the main menu.
- On the next page, select “Get it on Google Play.”
- This will open the Google Play Store to the correct download page, and you can get the app from there.
How do I use the Unibet Canada app?
The Unibet sportsbook app is easy to navigate using the menus at the top of the screen. The main navigation bar will help you move between sports, while the menu button at the top left has links to banking, support and more.
First, you will need to create an account on either the website or the app. You will need to enter the following details:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Social Insurance Number
- Security questions to back up your account
Once you’ve done that, here’s how to start online betting in Ontario:
- Select a sport using the navigation bar.
- Browse available games.
- Click on a game to view your betting options.
- Select the wager you want to place to add it to your bet slip.
- Add how much you want to bet and click to place it.
What bets can you place at Unibet online sports betting?
Unibet has all the main bets you’d expect from an online sportsbook of its size, which means there’s more than enough to play with. Look for totals, moneylines and point spreads to start with, along with parlays, futures, props, teasers, pleasers and more special bets on top of that. As far as sports, your options for betting include football, hockey, basketball, soccer, baseball, golf, boxing and motorsports. This matches many other legal sportsbooks, including BetMGM and the FanDuel betting app.
Looking at the NHL page at Unibet, you’ll find a variety of bets. Regardless of whether you’re a fan of the Ottawa Senators, Toronto Maple Leafs or another team, you can place a range of bets on your favourite team. Place single-game parlays, game combos or props like betting on the number of player shots in a game.
Quarter and halftime bets are popular when it comes to betting on the NBA and NFL. You can bet on the score in the first, second, third or fourth quarters individually. There are totals, spreads and moneylines all available here, either on the Toronto Raptors or another team.
What are the most popular bets at Unibet Sportsbook in Ontario?
There are a few bets at Unibet that tend to garner a lot of attention. Here are some favourites;
- Game combos seem to be a popular choice across the majority of sports at Unibet. This offers you two lines to place bets on. Once you’ve placed the combo, you will need both choices to come out on top in order to win. We love the usability of this bet — Unibet clearly displays every option so you can place your combo quickly.
- Single-game parlays are common at Unibet as well, similar to Caesars. This lets you string two or more choices together, all on the same game.
- Live betting is also a fun option at Unibet Sportsbook, in the same way, that it is across most other online sportsbooks. Click the “Live right now” link to find all games open to live betting. You will notice that the lines and betting odds change quickly here, so if you see a number you like, it may not last long. Make sure to track your bets and look for the early cash-out button if that’s an option that interests you. This could let you take a smaller amount to lock in a winning bet ahead of the game end, for instance.
Is Unibet Sportsbook your best option in Ontario?
It’s hard to claim Unibet Ontario is the best sportsbook in the province given the growing list of options for local sports bettors. But it’s certainly a strong option.
There are both pros and cons to betting with Unibet. We love the easy navigation, the number of bets and the sportsbook’s app. We would still change a few things, though, which we’ve gone into below.
What’s great about Unibet
- Usability: Both the Unibet app and website are easy to navigate. They use a similar layout, too, meaning you won’t feel lost if you suddenly switch to the app to place a last-minute bet. This is very similar to the continuity at DraftKings. You’ll find all the same menus and features in both.
- Customer support: You can receive assistance via email, live chat, phone and Unibet’s help centre.
Areas in need of improvement
- Split-screen optimization: There are times when we like to watch the game on one half of our screen while keeping an eye on our bets on the other half. This is a little difficult to do at Unibet as the site isn’t optimized for it, meaning you may find it difficult to place your bets without going into full-screen mode.
Unibet online banking options
Unibet’s cashier lets you deposit and withdraw funds fairly quickly. Deposits will hit your account instantly and have a minimum of $10. Use one of the following methods:
- Visa credit or debit card
- MasterCard credit or debit card
- Instadebit, which is a form of Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
How to withdraw money from Unibet
Withdrawals will arrive in your account between three and five business days after processing. Currently, Unibet lets you withdraw cash using a Visa or MasterCard debit and/or credit cards, Instadebit.
As Unibet Ontario offers more methods for both depositing and withdrawing we will update this page.
Is Unibet Sportsbook legal in Canada?
Yes, Unibet was licensed by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario and Unibet Sportsbook launched in the province on April 11, 2022. To legally place online bets at Unibet in Ontario, you would need to be 19 or older. The sportsbook checks your age when you create an account.
Canada recently changed its criminal code regarding sports betting, which is what allowed Ontario to begin the process of regulating online sportsbooks. We will watch to see if other provinces follow Ontario’s lead. As they do, we expect Unibet to strongly consider further expansion in the Canadian sports betting market. We’ll update this review as things develop.
Customer support at Unibet online sportsbook
Customer support at Unibet Canada is pretty good. Click the “Support” link to view your options. These are available during business hours only at this time. Unibet also has a decent FAQ page for you to access to look for answers. Otherwise, here are your options:
- Live chat
Unibet’s entry into the Canadian sports betting market
Canada’s Parliament passed Bill C-218 in 2021, changing the criminal code regarding sports betting in the country. Ontario was the first province to allow and regulate online sportsbooks, though more likely will follow.
Unibet already operated a social casino in Canada, potentially making further expansion more likely. To bet at Unibet in Ontario, you would need to be 19 or older and within provincial borders.
Unibet Canada FAQ
There is no Unibet code required. Simply open a new Unibet account here, fill out your information, make a deposit and you can start betting.
You have to be 19 or older to legally bet at an online sportsbook in Ontario. Unibet will check your age when you register for an account.
Unibet uses a variety of security measures to protect your banking details. Additionally, you can set limits on your betting and depositing to help you gamble responsibly.
Yes, keep an eye on your ongoing bets to check for the button to cash out early. This will allow you to withdraw your bet early for a smaller figure, but it is only available from time to time.