Disclaimer: Unibet sportsbook is not yet available in Canada. Unibet sportsbook bonus offer will be updated once sports betting becomes legal in Canada.
Unibet Sportsbook could be arriving in Canada, and we’re ready for it. The sportsbook has been available in Europe for years and recently moved into the US. Now, thanks to a new bill making its way through Parliament, we could see the site become available to Canadians.
Though Canada has yet to legalise single-event sports betting, this could be about to change. The Safe and Regulated Sports Betting Act has reached the House of Commons, aiming to change the criminal code around sports betting.
If Unibet is to arrive in the country, it will likely launch the same site as in the US, with plenty of hockey, baseball, basketball and more. We also expect the sportsbook to create a similar welcome offer for all new customers. Read on to find out more about Unibet, and when it could be arriving in Canada.
What’s great about Unibet Sportsbook:
- $40 join bonus.
- Risk-free first bet up to $500.
- Great ongoing promotions.
- App makes sports betting easy.
Unibet sportsbook welcome bonus
We can’t be 100% sure about Unibet’s welcome offer just yet, but we can refer to its sites in the US to get a bit of an idea. When you sign up for Unibet Sportsbook, you’ll likely receive a two-part welcome offer.
First is a $40 join bonus split into four $10 bets. This will let you get a feel for the site before wagering any of your own cash. Next, a $500 risk-free bet will be available when you make your first deposit. Add funds to your account, and place your first real money bet for a minimum $10. If the bet loses, the sportsbook will refund your wager up to $500.
Unibet Sportsbook bonus code 2021
Unibet’s welcome offer is available to anyone of legal betting age, located somewhere the sportsbook is live. You must sign up for an account using our sportsbook link to qualify for the bonus. Here are all the main details you need to know.
|Online Sportsbook||Unibet Sportsbook Canada|
|Bonus Code||None - Use Links|
|Join Bonus||$40 as four $10 free bets|
|Risk Free Bet||Up to $500|
|Last Updated||April 2021|
How does the Unibet bonus work?
Before claiming Unibet’s two-part welcome offer, you should take note of a few terms and conditions. To claim the offer, you need to sign up for a Unibet account via our sportsbook link.
Once you’ve completed your player profile and verified your account, Unibet will provide the four $10 bets as a bonus for joining. To use them, select the bets and add them to your betting slip. Click the “bonus offers” button to use the free bets when placing your wagers.
Then, when you’re ready to deposit, you will qualify for the risk-free bet. The offer only applies to your first wager, which must be for a minimum of $10. If your bet wins, you can withdraw any winnings as normal. If your bet loses, however, the sportsbook will then refund your wager up to a maximum of $250.
Unibet sportsbook Canada promotions
Once you’ve used your join bonus and risk-free bet on the site, Unibet also has a couple of other offers available for you to claim. Look for odds boosts, parlay boosts and deposit match offers. We’ve listed a couple of offers you might find at Unibet here, but make sure to check the promotions page on the site, too.
- Live Boost of the Week: Unibet may offer a variety of boosts on live bets. You could receive a 20% boost on any live college basketball wager or a 10% boost on any live soccer bet.
- Level Up Booster: Get a cash boost on any parlay, up to a maximum of 50%. Your boost will increase with the number of legs you add to your bet. A three-way parlay will earn you a 4% boost, while a 12-way bet will earn you the full 50% boost if it wins.
- Deposit Reload: Fund your sportsbook account with $10 or more on Thursdays. Unibet will then give you an extra 25% of your deposit in funds to use at its online casino.
Unibet rewards program
Most online sportsbooks offer loyalty programs, allowing players to earn points based on their wagers and receive rewards for their play. Unfortunately, Unibet has yet to launch a loyalty program for its users. If and when this changes, we’ll make sure to update you.
Is Unibet legal in Canada?
Unibet is not yet legal in Canada, as the country hasn’t legalized single-sport betting. Things could be about to change, however, after a bill on sports betting was filed in 2020. The Safe and Regulated Sports Betting Act, sponsored by Kevin Waugh, has made its way to the House of Commons. The act aims to legalize online sports betting completely, and change the criminal code surrounding it.
Proponents of Bill C-218 say legalizing online sports betting would shut down underground organizations and bring in tax revenue for the country instead. Waugh has also said the law change could generate thousands of jobs as new gambling facilities could open.
It’s important to note that, if this happens, online betting will likely be introduced to the country province by province, similar to the rollout in the US. The process could take years, but Unibet would likely be one of the first to apply for a license in the country.
How to create a Unibet account in Canada
Sports betting fans can sign up for a Unibet account quickly and easily. To register for, you must be of the legal betting age. Click on our Unibet link to get started. This will send you to the online sportsbook and ensure you are eligible for the welcome offer. Click the yellow join button and follow the instructions below.
- Enter your email address and create a password to protect your account.
- Fill in your first and last name, and enter your gender.
- Enter your date of birth.
- On the next page, enter your address and mobile number, then set up two security questions to help you access your account if necessary.
- Read and agree to Unibet’s fine print. Click “join” to complete the process.
Unibet sportsbook app
Unibet users in Canada can download the sportsbook’s app to enjoy sports betting on both Apple and Android devices. This means you’ll be able to place and track bets from anywhere within your province, without access to a desktop computer. The app works well using mobile data or Wi-Fi and on both smartphones and tablets.
You can use the app to place all the same bets as on the website, and also allows you to access the cashier, claim bonus codes and browse other promotions. It follows a similar layout as the Unibet website; there are no flashy banners or ads to disrupt your experience. Use the main menu to navigate and the pop-up betting slip to place wagers. Here’s how to download the Unibet app onto your device.
How to download the Unibet Sportsbook app on iOS
The Unibet app works well on both iPhones and iPads. Before downloading the app, make sure to update your software and clear some space on your device. Open this page on Safari, and click on our sportsbook link to head to the sportsbook’s mobile site. From there, claim the welcome offer and download the app onto your Apple device.
- Register for an account using the mobile site — follow the steps on how to create a Unibet account above if you need to.
- Go to Unibet’s homepage. If you don’t see an App Store prompt, scroll down the site to find it. Alternatively, use the “mobile apps” button in the footer of the site.
- Follow the link to the App Store, and download the Unibet app as normal.
- Open the app and log in to start betting.
How to download the Unibet Sportsbook app on Android
If you want to download Unibet Sportsbook onto an Android smartphone or tablet, you’ll need to start the process on the site, same as for the iOS app above. Update your Android software, then open this review on your device. Click on our sportsbook link to be redirected to Unibet.
- Register for a sportsbook account using the mobile site.
- Open the settings app on your Android device and click through to the security menu. Allow installations from unknown sources so you can install the app.
- Head over to the Unibet site, and click the “download app” button if it appears at the top of the screen. If you can’t see it, scroll to the footer of the website and click the “mobile apps” link.
- Click on the Android app button to start the download. Click on the .apk file in your notifications menu to install the app onto your device.
- Launch the app and log in to get started. The welcome bonus should land in your account straight away.
Unibet Sportsbook features and benefits
Unibet launched more than 20 years ago, and the site follows a simple and fuss-free format to keep online sports betting easy for everyone.
We like that you can find everything you need from a sportsbook site using the top navigation menu. Use the top bar to reach various sports, the promotions page, the cashier and more. On the Unibet homepage, you’ll also find a live game tracker to tell you exactly how many games are currently open to live betting.
Choose a sport to view all available odds. Use the “More wagers” and “My bets” buttons to view more betting options and keep track of your bets.
Best features of the Unibet Sportsbook app
We think Unibet is a great site that covers pretty much everything you could want from an online sportsbook. There are a couple of features, however, that particularly stand out for us. Here are a few of the best bits about Unibet Sportsbook:
- Great customer service: Unibet encourages its users to bet responsibly through customer service and other gambling management options. You can get in touch with the team to fix issues with your account, or to close your account if you think you have a gambling problem.
- Good promotions: Both new and existing Unibet customers can access sportsbook promotions on the app. You’ll receive the welcome offer when you create an account, followed by a choice of several odds boosts, deposit matches and more.
- Quick deposit times: It’s easy to fund your account using Unibet’s app. Simply head over to the cashier, select your payment method and enter the amount you’d like to deposit.
- Optimised for all screens: You can use the Unibet app across most smartphones and tablets, providing you’re using an updated version of Android or iOS.
- Full control: At Unibet, your account is fully in your hands. You’ll be able to track bets, follow live scores and place live bets at any time. You can also keep track of and manage the amount of money and time you spend betting.
How could Unibet improve?
There are a few changes we’d like to see from Unibet to make its sportsbook the best it can be. Here are our suggestions:
- Launch a rewards program: Unibet doesn’t have a rewards program for its users at this time. We’re hoping this will change soon.
- More banking options: Unibet customers can currently withdraw using PayPal, VIP Preferred, online banking and prepaid cards. We’d like to see it introduce a couple more options for users.
Types of bets available at Unibet Canada sportsbook
Unibet Sportsbook offers users a good list of betting options. Look for point spreads, moneylines, props, parlays and more of everything you’d expect from a sportsbook. Players can place pregame bets, live bets and futures across most sports.
To get started, use the sportsbook’s menu to browse all available sports. Make your selection to view all available odds — a tab at the top of the screen will let you switch between “live and upcoming” and “futures,” as well as an “all” button to make things super easy.
You can change your betting options using the dropdown menu at the top right of the screen, or your odds format using the dropdown menu at the bottom of the site.
Sports you can bet on at Unibet in Canada
All available sports at Unibet appear in a list on the left of the site — typically around 15. The most popular sports appear first, followed by a small featured list and an “all sports” button. Make your selection to view all available odds.
Unibet’s selection isn’t the best on the market, but it covers all the most popular options. All the biggest leagues are featured alongside several smaller ones. You’ll find NHL, NBA, MLB and CFL games alongside a large following for both the male and female national hockey teams. Here’s a look at everything you can expect from sports betting at Unibet:
- Hockey: Unibet couldn’t launch in Canada without a huge hockey following. You’ll find plenty of pregame, live and futures bets for the national teams, as well as great offers during the biggest games.
- Basketball: This is also huge at Unibet. Head over to the basketball page for spreads, moneylines, totals and more across a huge number of games. Look out for the Toronto Raptors in the NBA.
- Football: Unibet Sportsbook covers both the CFL and NFL extensively. Look for a range of betting options, including fantastic parlay opportunities in the postseason.
How to deposit and cash out on the Unibet app
Banking at Unibet Sportsbook is easy — you’ll find a variety of fast and secure methods at the cashier.
How to deposit
The minimum deposit at the site is $10. To get started, head to the cashier, choose your deposit method and type in the amount you’d like to transfer. Choose from the following methods:
- Prepaid card
- VIP Preferred
How to withdraw
Withdrawals at Unibet also start at $10. To start the process, click your account button and select your payment method. Make a withdrawal using the following:
- Prepaid card
- Online banking
- VIP Preferred
How to contact Unibet customer support
There are a number of ways to get in touch with customer support at Unibet if you need to. But first, it’s always a good idea to check the site’s FAQ. You’ll find the support button at the top of the site, which will redirect you to the help centre. Browse topics on your account, banking, promotions and more.
To speak to a member of the team, click the support link at the help centre. You will need to speak to a programmed chatbox first, but can soon get through to a human. At busier times, you may need to leave a message and wait for a response.
History of Unibet
Unibet was founded by sports enthusiast Anders Strom in 1997. The sportsbook now is part of the Kindred Group, and moved into the United States in 2019. Unibet now holds licenses in Colorado, Pennsylvania and Indiana as laws change.
Now that Canada may be changing its stance on online sports betting, we could see Unibet apply for a license or two in the country as the provinces legalize single-event wagering.